Home

Does anyone supersim the entire game?

This is a discussion on Does anyone supersim the entire game? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-08-2009, 11:37 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Does anyone supersim the entire game?

I'd thought about just doing this, still calling the plays and everything from the screen, but just so I can get done with the games quicker, and the season as well. Just my thoughts....

Does anyone actually do this? If so, what are your reasons for doing it, and any tips on how to make it realistic as possible(stat wise). Also, if anyone does it, do u jump back to gameplay at certain points of the game, i.e. when the game is tight late, or last 2:30 of 2nd qtr, and last 5min of 4th qtr? Thanks for all the help guys, especially u HC vets. I just want this game to be a challenge to me which it has so far.

PS do the sliders matter if your supersimming the game? I wouldn't think so, but just curious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 05:01 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Does anyone supersim the entire game?

I'm strictly a super-simmer. In my first 'chise I used to pop into the game for two minute drills because I thought super-sim wasn't kind to the passing game, but I later realized that it was more the weaknesses of my team shining through - I had a lot of high potential guys in the passing game but I relied so much on the running game (at one point I had Ozzie Jones, Jelani Okoye, Donsay Smith and an Edgerrin-James compared late round pick all active on gameday - that's three future 50 backs) that they never developed. In future franchises I realized this was unneeded - if my players learned the playbook and were good the passing game in SuperSim was fine.

I also realized during the middle of that first chise that popping into the game screwed with the fatigue ratings, frequently resetting the side not on the field to full fatigue when I went back to SuperSim. I never became comfortable with this potential exploit, which is another reason I no longer pop into games.

I find that SuperSim brings just as much drama and takes considerably less time. A SuperSim game with 15 minute quarters usually takes me 15-30 minutes, whereas a regular game with 5 minute quarters usually takes me longer than that. Playing without SuperSim would mean that it would take me forever to make it through a year - and considering how much fun the offseason is, I can't live with that.

If you want to pop back in, though, late game would be the time, because you can't steal the opponents plays for your playbook in SuperSim. It usually comes up at the 2 minute warning in-game.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Thanks! I've did it for three games now and have liked it. I beat the Steelers 31-15 or somethin like that first game. I lost to the Pats 24-23 the second, and won 27-24 in OT against the texans. I did however pop in the game every now and then late in the 2nd and 4th. Do u call ur own plays on supersim?

What I was doing is just hitting square to sim 1 play on defense, but for offense I've been picking the play on the supersim. Only problem I seem to have is that my running game is awful so far on supersim. It could be the team but I have the colts so Im not sure. I did a play now game and setup the giants versus raiders, and I took the giants just to see... Well Jacobs ran all over them in the supsim, so did the rest of the rb core. So I dunno if its the team i was playing against or what. I can understand the pats and steelers but the texans? Altho, J Addai was out the whole game so I had Rhodes running with Forsett the backup against the texans.

But when i popped into the game, I was able to run the ball, so what gives? Thinking about supersimming passing plays and playing the game for running to see what happens. Thanks for the help! Also, do u change sliders? if so, do they work in supersim? It seems to me that they may, but I cant really tell, I am kind of doubting that they do tho.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
Rookie

Yeah I like supersimming straight thru the complete game...I finally won the superbowl with my Redskins....the most important thing is building your team to your playbook and making sure that the playbook gets learned.....also I think that playcall and strategy are very important in supersimming....I have fun doing it that way.....and it does cut down on time....
Old 07-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #5
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

I'm loving supersimming the game! I just finsihed my first full season with the Colts I have just been simming 1 play at a time when I'm on defense, allowing playclock to get to the 30sec mark before I hit the square button. Then on Offense, I call every single play. I get realistic stats too!

Finished season 12-4... I blew out the Broncos in the divisional playoff game, then lost to the Pats in the AFC championship game in NE in the snow!!(Peyton thrw 3ints, typical in NE in the snow lol) last second 46yard FG beat me 13-10 final. I missed a 36yard FG earlier in the game.

I think I made a mistake with my coaches tho I fired my LBC, RBC(both rated 42 overall). My WRC left(rated 98) so that sucks. Then I fired my trainer(rated 91 overall!) However, I was 31st in league with games missed, most injuries and somethin else.

I want to find someone better, but doubting I will now Did I make a mistake by firing the 91 overall trainer? I already saved it so I'm screwed, and can't go back. I love the game, especially my supersimming it, there's still plenty of drama and cuts down on time.

The animations and glitches wehn I watch it are just too hard to swallow honestly, and very hard to watch. Especially when the RB runs sideways! I find myself yelling at Joe Addai then lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #6
Rookie

I don't use the X-Sim Play button, because I am a bit too much of a control-freak to leave things entirely up to my coaches, but, depending on the quality of my underlings, I sometimes rely heavily on Ask the Coach. When you've got a top OC/DC with 5 playcalling, its not the worst of ideas, although I still veto a decent amount of calls. There are other franchises in which I pretty much exclusively call the plays - it depends.

One reason your running game might be suffering is that you don't get the heads-up notification of your running back's fatigue hitting dangerous levels that you do in-game. And the more tired the back is, the less effective he will be. To check fatigue levels and sub in and out, use the Injury Report screen off the start menu. Even in pass-heavy franchises, I usually have to do some subbing, but in run-heavy franchises I've had 3 or 4 back rotations to keep everyone fresh.

Firing a 91 trainer's not good, but if it was after year one, you're still alright as Arron Lee (99 OVR) will pop up every year after year one. If you have to settle for a lesser trainer, well, then I hope you're up for a challenge

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »