Home

I've got it, have a couple of questions

This is a discussion on I've got it, have a couple of questions within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

OVR: 8
I've got it, have a couple of questions

Hey guys;

As a casual football fan from Europe, first I've bought Madden & NCAA 09. Luckily, I found this game pretty cheap and bought it as well. I'm still casual, but I'm turning into a hardcore football gaming guy

I've run through an off-season, just to learn about menus and navigation. I also coached a quick game to see how it plays.

I think I'm liking it. I have a few questions though..

1) Some of the guys don't like this game at all. I like the slow pace, I like all kind of sports management games. So what's wrong with head coach 09? Bugs? Match Engine? Broken Sliders?

2) Seems like FPS is terrible. I'm on PS3 btw.

3) Any tips? Or any house rules? Some guys say that this game is too easy. I think my lack of knowledge in football will make it tougher for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: I've got it, have a couple of questions

I think the reason some people dont like this game is because the differences in what the objective is. I am like you in that I also have madden and ncaa...but I play them for different reasons. When I want to be the star...the guy running in the touchdown or throwing the great pass...I play one of them. I really like to manage my team. That is what I love about this game. I spend alot of time in the managment side. But if someone really prefers the "playing" then this game is not going to appeal to them as much because the game executes your plan...while in the other games you...as the player...play a major part in that execution.

Also...some of the glitches can be annoying..and a little frustrating at times.

I hope you enjoy it though. It has quickly become my favorite game.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Personally, don't bother with house rules untill you are thouroughly experienced with the game and find that it is becoming too easy
Old 04-01-2009, 02:42 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

the only thing that makes me upset is seeing my 95 overall running back run backwards 10 yards to try to get away from a corner and seeing a tackler run for the guy with the ball and the turn away towards a guy about 4 yards to the left of him to i dunno stop the blocker? I like the idea and concept I just wish that some actions that seem common sense would happen a little better but I do like the idea behind play knowledge a guy can run the wrong play and how players can have off periods and how you can scout players and such I would like to see like a physical training session but maybe Im getting picky I love this game partly cause I can see how much potential it has.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:50 AM   #5
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

1. There are two newer slider threads in the slider forum. Read mine first... the other one doesn't have the instructions for making sure the sliders work... then read the other... his sliders are more up to date and play an overall better game.

2. I play on 360 and don't have an issue, but it's installed on my hard drive and thus performs well because of it. Yes, it is jerky.

3. House rules: Stay away from the "Insider" traits for GMs. Eliminate those, and it's a damn well balanced game.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 06:45 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Zeppelin8

where are you in europe and where did you find Head Coach?!?!......i'm in the UK and cannot find it anywhere
Old 06-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Most bugs have been fixed by now (at least the really annoying ones). Sometimes my game will freeze but if you go back to a previoius save file your fine.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #8
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by savsr
Zeppelin8

where are you in europe and where did you find Head Coach?!?!......i'm in the UK and cannot find it anywhere
Try ebay.com, shipping from the states worldwide for like 12$

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »