Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Some news

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Rocket League?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nah, if I had worked on Rocket League I’d be rich hahaha.

I was a Unity client gameplay engineer on a live service drag racing mobile game called Racing Rivals. The game had licenses from all the major auto manufacturers (except Ferrari, if I recall correctly) as well as a bunch of third party licenses for car wraps, most notably Fast and Furious and WWE. It was a reasonably popular game for a time.

I last worked on it in 2018. For unrelated reasons, the game was closed by the publisher in spring 2019.
Old 02-23-2022, 03:18 PM   #18
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Some news

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I used to work on a live-service game which featured licensed content. Notably, our game included licensed automobiles from major manufacturers and also The Fast and The Furious movie franchise.

Licensing deals don’t appear out of thin air, and the game developers, designers, artists, etc. often know the deals are going to happen before the deals are officially publicly announced.

I have to believe this agreement was officially executed earlier than just this week.

I get that but 2ks first game was supposed to drop last year. That’s a very long time to sit on this news. Second, the Lego soccer game is the first to release in this series and that’ll be in November.

We know the NFL wants 2ks game released before the season, and the reason 2k didn’t release its title during the holidays.

It doesn’t add up

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-23-2022, 04:11 PM   #19
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Some news

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I get that but 2ks first game was supposed to drop last year. That’s a very long time to sit on this news. Second, the Lego soccer game is the first to release in this series and that’ll be in November.

We know the NFL wants 2ks game released before the season, and the reason 2k didn’t release its title during the holidays.

It doesn’t add up

Suppose a world where Take 2 has held the LEGO license for some time, having known in advance that Warner Media was dropping their agreement with LEGO, and that perhaps T2 had originally intended to announce the partnership in advance of their NFL game at the original release window, but their PR team decided to hold on to that news until a later LEGO sports game was further along in development after the NFL game was delayed.

It could very well be that you are right and Take 2’s NFL game isn’t a LEGO game! But I don’t think we should immediately dismiss the thought either.
Old 02-23-2022, 07:25 PM   #20
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I mean, I am cool with it. Have some fun with it. A big hit over the middle sees your wide receiver break into pieces? Your quarterback loses his throwing arm for a play or two?

Count me in.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 02-24-2022, 11:36 PM   #21
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm a bit bummed out that it's lego. I could live with an Arcade NFL 2k but legos....

Maybe next time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2022, 01:34 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I'm a bit bummed out that it's lego. I could live with an Arcade NFL 2k but legos....

Maybe next time.
It's not even confirmed at all the NFL game will be a Lego game. Odds are given the planned release date before the delay that it isn't a Lego game considering the game was planned to release before this Lego deal was expected to be done.

― Plato
Old 02-25-2022, 08:52 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...-sports-games/

If that’s they way they are going then so be it, but consider me extremely disappointed. Back to football video gaming hell, at least the hype and speculation was fun.
Agreed. I have zero interest in Lego-style anything.
Old 02-25-2022, 11:49 AM   #24
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It's not even confirmed at all the NFL game will be a Lego game. Odds are given the planned release date before the delay that it isn't a Lego game considering the game was planned to release before this Lego deal was expected to be done.

Exactly. Per the article…

2K’s Lego sports line will KICK OFF with a football/soccer game developed by Sumo Digital, VGC understands.

This will be followed by an open-world Lego racing game currently in development at WWE 2K22 studio Visual Concepts, we were told.

The 3rd title that comes out after these two COULD be NFL. It could also be wrestling or NBA. Also, the basic timelines for this Lego series means this title will be out after 2022.

World Cup is November. The NFL wants 2ks football game out around or before the start of the football season.

This article is not about 2ks football game that’s releasing this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »