Home

This video proves the NFL Licenses exclusive never ending with EA!!!

This is a discussion on This video proves the NFL Licenses exclusive never ending with EA!!! within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-18-2022, 08:26 AM   #33
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: This video proves the NFL Licenses exclusive never ending with EA!!!

The big Question if 2k knows they dont have a shot at the License why did they settle 🤔

I get it to get their foot in the door but what if that same foot is still in the door in 2026 when the deal is up?

Thats like a guy having a crush on a female from 5th grade to 12th grade and in-between those years he did everything to get her attention through love letters ect. But she has a new BF every year and she finally gave him the digits after graduation only to talk about advice about marrry another guy 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Old 06-18-2022, 09:27 AM   #34
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
Thats like a guy having a crush on a female from 5th grade to 12th grade and in-between those years he did everything to get her attention through love letters ect. But she has a new BF every year and she finally gave him the digits after graduation only to talk about advice about marrry another guy ����������������������������������������
Got some harvested feelings you wanna get off your chest there, sim?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-18-2022, 10:37 AM   #35
MVP

simbayless's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Got some harvested feelings you wanna get off your chest there, sim?
You got jokes lol

Dont hate on my dope analogies
The question still remains why did 2k settled
All pro could be a hit by now and bringing in $$$$
With the my team revenue

Last edited by simbayless; 06-18-2022 at 10:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2022, 12:14 PM   #36
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
You got jokes lol

Dont hate on my dope analogies
The question still remains why did 2k settled
All pro could be a hit by now and bringing in $$$$
With the my team revenue
They couldn't do another APF partially because EA held the exclusive rights to the pro football HOF. Which means a vast majority of the quality talent from the original APF 2K8 would be inaccessible.

There were old articles about it, but I did a Google search and nothing popped up.

We need to see what they'll actually do with the arcade license before we can draw any conclusions (about the future). If it's a hit and they can garner an audience then maybe, maybe the NFL would want to expand the relationship, but if it flops then they'll be out millions with a "useless" license, IMO.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 06-18-2022 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-18-2022, 12:38 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
They couldn't do another APF partially because EA held the exclusive rights to the pro football HOF. Which means a vast majority of the quality talent from the original APF 2K8 would be inaccessible.

There were old articles about it, but I did a Google search and nothing popped up.

We need to see what they'll actually do with the arcade license before we can draw any conclusions (about the future). If it's a hit and they can garner an audience then maybe, maybe the NFL would want to expand the relationship, but if it flops then they'll be out millions with a "useless" license, IMO.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation
I do remember seeing EA lock up some NFL Legends right after 2k8. Around that time, EA was trying to make it harder for 2k to stay in that realm.

I do think 2k8 would've done better in this era compared to 15 years ago. 2k didn't have the popularity level it does now then. But, still wouldn't be a good selling game. As much as some of us wouldn't mind, the casual fan values having realistic current players. They probably wouldn't recognize the NFL Legends that were Gold Level players in 2k8.

I just don't see it ending. Madden does have to hit a certain revenue Benchmark to unlock the final year of deal, but nothing suggests that it wouldn't. I think that would be the only case where NFL changes it stance. But NFL did recently changed it's Pizza sponsor from Pizza Hut to Little Cesar's, so anything is possible lol.
Old 06-18-2022, 03:27 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I do remember seeing EA lock up some NFL Legends right after 2k8. Around that time, EA was trying to make it harder for 2k to stay in that realm.

I do think 2k8 would've done better in this era compared to 15 years ago. 2k didn't have the popularity level it does now then. But, still wouldn't be a good selling game. As much as some of us wouldn't mind, the casual fan values having realistic current players. They probably wouldn't recognize the NFL Legends that were Gold Level players in 2k8.

I just don't see it ending. Madden does have to hit a certain revenue Benchmark to unlock the final year of deal, but nothing suggests that it wouldn't. I think that would be the only case where NFL changes it stance. But NFL did recently changed it's Pizza sponsor from Pizza Hut to Little Cesar's, so anything is possible lol.
I don't foresee the NFL moving away from their exclusive deals, but who knows. My dream world is that this 2k game leads to the NFL opening the license and we get two "sim" games move forward, but that's just a dream.

I'm still convinced there is a number out there that the NFL could charge both EA and 2k to allow them both to make competing sim games and both companies would turn a profit and the NFL would make more than they do now with just EA, but who knows.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-19-2022, 10:31 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 19

I can’t help but shake my head reading comments concerning the NFL License Exclusivity and Football Development.

In one breath there’s this feeling of despair one Developer has exclusive Asset usage of the NFL and a product not meeting the base genre standards, yet in the next breath express that the NFL Asset usage is a must for a football video game to be viable for their experience.

The reason these Exclusive developing contracts exist is because of gamers that require exact Assets (authentic pro teams and/or players) in their mind to enjoy a game.

It’s interesting how the thought of “Fictional” is treated like it’s some type of life changing STD, but gamers remain frustrated that Madden has “NFL” Exclusivity.

Even more confusing, is that there are a lot of professing Franchise gamers that fall under this umbrella, being the most vocal against the ideology of “Fictional”, when the Mode becomes that very quickly.

You want Create-A-Teams and/or Logo manipulation tools in an Exclusivity game, but scoff at the notion of a Generic Asset based football game.

Someone “attempt” to make it make sense because it keeps going way over my head.

Last edited by khaliib; 06-19-2022 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-21-2022, 12:53 PM   #40
MVP

simbayless's Arena

I noticed the NFLPA doesn't agree everything with the NFL
Perhaps its the same thing in the Video game market
Maybe the NFLPA License became separate because they wanted other football games and after the split here comes 2k coincidence ?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...censing-deals/

https://www.polygon.com/2020/5/28/21...cense-football
And the 2nd paragraph of this article is very informative about the exclusive NFL Simulation License

This should tell you the conclusion of the whats sim/Arcade

NFL Sim= simulating the NFL using jersey,logos,ect..

Arcade= not using the NFL brand and Sim gameplay

Remember 2k said using the NFLPA License each game will have different themes to them

Last edited by simbayless; 06-21-2022 at 01:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »