Home

This whole "SIMULATION " thing(gray area)

This is a discussion on This whole "SIMULATION " thing(gray area) within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-20-2022, 08:22 AM   #41
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: This whole "SIMULATION " thing(gray area)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
What is left and would it be worth 2K's investment in the expensive NFL and NFLPA license if there are strict limitations which basically doesn't allow for much of anything from what you are saying.
That's the million dollar question that we have yet to be told.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2022, 11:48 AM   #42

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
What is left and would it be worth 2K's investment in the expensive NFL and NFLPA license if there are strict limitations which basically doesn't allow for much of anything from what you are saying.
This is the part of the flowchart where the arrow points back to the starting box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Truth be told, nobody knows except EA, 2k, and the NFL.

Most of what's been said in this thread (and the many others) is nothing but speculation (on all sides).
Old 05-20-2022, 12:22 PM   #43
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
That’s how I’ve always felt. When FPS Football Pro finally died, and interest leagues waned, I bought a Dreamcast and accepted that sim sports was too niche, and I would just enjoy console sports for what they are.

You could hook up a controller to your PC and play FootballPro, but I know literally no one that ever did that. This was about calling plays, building game plans, and roster building.

I ran a league for several years, and played our games live, head to head, but I was just playcalling.

The best league I was in required us to turn in our game plans each week, and the commish ran the files every Sunday night. We used a third party app that read the play by play text and produced a simple scorebug, so you could watch it as the game played. Better yet, he could run four games at a time, and we used ICQ to chat as we watched everyone’s results.

That same app would allow my league to watch a game others played, too.

Seriously, we could not understand why the kids wanted to ruin their sports games with controllers.

I never considered 2K sim, but I loved playing it, and appreciated its lifeline production. But there was nothing sim about any of the 2K football games.

Of course, none of that has anything to do with the definition of NFL simulation as it pertains to the contract 2K abides by.
the 2k games were deff sim. they were realistic depictions of the NFL game.

just because you liked to sit on your couch and call plays without playing the actual game doesnt mean 2k wasn't a sim experience lol.
Old 05-20-2022, 02:14 PM   #44
Rookie

ElectricAggie's Arena

OVR: 0

Could a game like Backbreaker be considered non-sim?

Backbreaker was developed by NaturalMotion (Euphoria Engine).

NaturalMotion was acquired by Zynga in 2014.

Zynga is currently in the process of getting acquired by Take-Two... just throwing that out there (sorry if it's already been discussed).

An NFL licensed Backbreaker-type game with exaggerated player models and Euphoria physics mixed with some 2k animations would be a dream. Probably not going to happen, but I can dream lol

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Houston Rockets

Old 05-20-2022, 03:17 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
The other guys are correct, in that we don’t know.

My speculation is that EA’s definition of sim has nothing to do with sim, but is just an easy way for them to identify features they consider integral to their exclusive license agreement. For me, the NFL simulation language signifies their desire to be the home of every NFL fan that wants to play out the season with their favorite teams.

So, no way to recreate an NFL schedule, playoffs, or Super Bowl. But with player licenses, this would free them up to do anything from APFB 2K23 to MyTeam NFL 2K23 to The Yard 2K23, or anything between.

They can sell games based on NFL logos and stars, but not an NFL season. I think it will be an 11v11 game, maybe with a 7v7 mode, that will be mostly used to for micro transactions.

But if I was betting, I’d say it will be APFB2K23, with a mix of pros and legends, with a MyTeam mode, and a possible 7v7 or arcade mode included.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2022, 05:52 PM   #46
MVP

zello144's Arena

Apparently EA is up for sale
https://mobile.twitter.com/stephento...39772373975041
Old 05-20-2022, 07:27 PM   #47
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
Am I missing something? It says the dude approached EA to merge. That doesn't mean EA is up for sale. I could go up to Microsoft or Sony and pitch a merge. That doesn't mean Microsoft and Sony are up for sale.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 05-20-2022, 07:43 PM   #48

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Am I missing something? It says the dude approached EA to merge. That doesn't mean EA is up for sale. I could go up to Microsoft or Sony and pitch a merge. That doesn't mean Microsoft and Sony are up for sale.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
You're not missing anything. EA is not up for sale lol. I assumed that was a shock value post or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »