Home

A Bright Idea For 2K Football

This is a discussion on A Bright Idea For 2K Football within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-23-2021, 12:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: A Bright Idea For 2K Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE
You would think, but most people don’t want to create and customize rosters, they want an out of the box roster and be able to plug and play right away, while some will immensely enjoy it and get the most out of it, many won’t.

King Javo released an APF Editor for APF 2K8 which basically gives you unlimited customization and gives you the ability to create any type of league you want, basically giving the game many people are asking for from 2K and most people on discord want a complete updated 2021 NFL roster and expect others to provide it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Well that's the point as well. As a community we could share the roster, build the roster and tweak the roster as well. Just like when a new NCAA Basketball roster with team courts and jerseys are made to make the NBA 2K game like a college game. Especially when you have a season and customize the rules.

Picture the Operation Sports ̶N̶F̶L̶ ̶ OSL Football League. The community would build a proper roster.

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Old 06-23-2021, 12:38 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Look at the passion people have for football. Pop Warner. High School. College. Pro.

A creative, customizable football game would sell like crazy.
Not to mention we are still playing NCAA 14 with updated rosters! FOURTEEN!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Old 06-23-2021, 01:21 PM   #11
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperb
Well that's the point as well. As a community we could share the roster, build the roster and tweak the roster as well. Just like when a new NCAA Basketball roster with team courts and jerseys are made to make the NBA 2K game like a college game. Especially when you have a season and customize the rules.

Picture the Operation Sports ̶N̶F̶L̶ ̶ OSL Football League. The community would build a proper roster.
Thats a huge draw for this, IMO.

We can't really re-create the 80s and 90s. Too many divisions. Too many teams. Too many playoff spots. Now, the real deal-breaker; too many GAMES.

Penalties have never really worked, even with sliders. Its so bad, its hard to even talk about rational solutions. May as well just take them out of Madden.

I've watched the PC community do 1000s of uniform mods over the years. They would do the same for team logos, stadiums and team branding.

I don't like the roster side of this conversation. As a roster builder, I have seen far too much poaching. At this point, I really don't blame the folks that charge for their work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2021, 01:27 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If it was profitable it would have been done already.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-27-2021, 02:36 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
If it was profitable it would have been done already.

EVERYTHING started as something that wasn't done already or on the coat of an originator.

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Old 06-27-2021, 05:18 PM   #14
MVP

simbayless's Arena

Just add college and Pro mode
Make it customizable and let it grow few years because who knows if all.pro could of been a hit it's sophomore year.

Trying to make a quick buck is holding them back so I don't get the excuses of Licence only sells.
Madden 64 didn't have the simulation license and sold well.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:02 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperb
EVERYTHING started as something that wasn't done already or on the coat of an originator.
Unlicensed football game have been done many times in the past. They don't sell when a licensed AAA game also exists.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2021, 11:21 PM   #16
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
Just add college and Pro mode
Make it customizable and let it grow few years because who knows if all.pro could of been a hit it's sophomore year.

Trying to make a quick buck is holding them back so I don't get the excuses of Licence only sells.
Madden 64 didn't have the simulation license and sold well.
What? We are going back to N64 as an example?

First, it was Madden. Second, it was still sim, it just didn't have the NFL license due to it being exclusive to Acclaim that year. It's not really a fair comparison to say it sold well despite not having the license. People saw Madden on the cover and bought it.

I mean at that point you have Madden, or QB Club. And even back then Madden was huge.

I really don't get this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »