Home

2K can we get a name already?

This is a discussion on 2K can we get a name already? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 10:31 PM   #17
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2K can we get a name already?

I’m still in the Playgrounds and a My Park/The yard type game camp. Seems like the games 2k is best at and fit the non-simulation criteria.

Ericrayweather posted a vid on his thoughts. I don’t think he has any inside knowledge but it was still a good watch and I pretty much agree with what he said

https://youtu.be/KgrdyMnoGZM

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-31-2021, 11:54 AM   #18
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

To me the "multiple titles" comment from 2k I just automatically think of mobile games - not fully fleshed out console IP's - downer, I know.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:45 PM   #19
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

2k is not in competition with madden so why keep info to their chest unless they not ready.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:45 PM   #20
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
2k is not in competition with madden so why keep info to their chest unless they not ready.

They say aren’t in competition but let’s be real, if they are making console football games then they are competing with Madden.

Let’s say, there is something to the My park idea. EA gets wind of what they are working on and goes all in on the yard mode and offers as much as they can to match 2ks game. Now you’ve got gamers saying why buy 2ks game when I can get all that and also play an 11v11 NFL season as well with Madden?

Not saying that’s what 2k has in the works because I have no clue, but I wouldn’t blame them for keeping whatever they are cooking up out of sight of EA for as long as possible if they are releasing later in the year closer to maddens release date.

Old 04-02-2021, 05:56 PM   #21
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
They say aren’t in competition but let’s be real, if they are making console football games then they are competing with Madden.

Let’s say, there is something to the My park idea. EA gets wind of what they are working on and goes all in on the yard mode and offers as much as they can to match 2ks game. Now you’ve got gamers saying why buy 2ks game when I can get all that and also play an 11v11 NFL season as well with Madden?

Not saying that’s what 2k has in the works because I have no clue, but I wouldn’t blame them for keeping whatever they are cooking up out of sight of EA for as long as possible if they are releasing later in the year closer to maddens release date.

Yeah, but the other issue is they need to build up hype, anticipation & awareness for this brand new I.P. Giving the game - whatever it is - a short, vague marketing strategy could backfire and the game could flop like APF 2K8 did.

And they also have the added problem of fans expectations getting out of hand in comparison to the scope of the game or their vision (if no news continues). Or the opposite could happen and people's anticipation or excitement wanes.

They are "playing with fire" with this deal and title, so making a great first impression (and releasing a quality title) is key.

Hopefully around the NFL draft or Take - Two's next earnings call we'll hear something concrete....

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2021, 09:37 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Yeah, but the other issue is they need to build up hype, anticipation & awareness for this brand new I.P. Giving the game - whatever it is - a short, vague marketing strategy could backfire and the game could flop like APF 2K8 did.

And they also have the added problem of fans expectations getting out of hand in comparison to the scope of the game or their vision (if no news continues). Or the opposite could happen and people's anticipation or excitement wanes.

They are "playing with fire" with this deal and title, so making a great first impression (and releasing a quality title) is key.

Hopefully around the NFL draft or Take - Two's next earnings call we'll hear something concrete....

Yeah, I'm expecting Draft-Take Twos Next Earnings call. Madden almost always does something on Draft even if small like posting draftees in new team uniforms. But, Madden didn't really reveal anything last year until June and without Combine, not sure they would have gotten access to draft class.

I think 2k will have learned their lessons from APF 2K8 and will do better now because of brand recognition. In 2007, Visual Concepts/2k Sports didn't have that same recognition it does now. I think once NBA 2k11 hit, that's when 2k Sports got to its current level. Plus in 2007, it was only 3 years removed from 2k5, you still had alternative options like NCAA Football, Blitz the League, NFL Street and even Arena Football, and overall way more AAA sports games compared to today. In that late 6h-Early 7th gen, you still almost had multiple AAA games for each major Sport. Now, we're just down to 1 AAA sports game(besides Soccer). We have Madden for Football, 2k for Basketball, The Show for Baseball, Fifa and PES for Soccer, EA NHL, PGA Tour and 2k for Golf, and the other sports games. I miss the 6th gen sports era where it felt like there were 3-5 licensed games per sport. To now, we're lucky if there is 2 sports games for a sport. Which, I think should help 2k. I think there is a natural desire for another licensed Football game. Like with NBA, gamers want to see competition between games. But, if we don't hear by EA Play about NBA Live, it's not coming this year. We are couple years away from College Football and don't know if Maximum and Axis will ever be true viable alternatives like a OOTP and SMB for Baseball. So that plays into 2ks favor.

I just hope it isn't just a NFL Playgrounds. That's not something I would have interest in .I just wish we were in that 6th gen sports games era where we had so many options to choose from.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:16 AM   #23
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse

It depends on the game(s) they are making I suppose. I don’t think NBA playgrounds got a ton of hype at all until a month or two before release so we might get little to no early news on that type of game. But I think you are right if it’s a My Park type game, they would want to get some buzz going.

On the other hand, it could just be related to the release date. If they are planning on releasing their game closer to the start of the NFL season, that’s still a long ways off. I think the NFL draft is the soonest we could expect some info in that case. Even then Madden is usually some screen shots at best before June these days.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:30 PM   #24
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

OVR: 0

Sorry, slightly off topic, but did anyone ever think to mention that since Madden isn't a football "sim" itself, 2K should be allowed to give that a go?

The snark of it alone would be worth it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »