Home

I don't care if it's called Pee-Wee Football 2K22, I'm ready for an alternative.

This is a discussion on I don't care if it's called Pee-Wee Football 2K22, I'm ready for an alternative. within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-27-2020, 01:45 PM   #25
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: I don't care if it's called Pee-Wee Football 2K22, I'm ready for an alternative.

Legend Bowl is now available for early access purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2020, 03:58 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: I don't care if it's called Pee-Wee Football 2K22, I'm ready for an alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Legend Bowl is now available for early access purchase.
You would think a thread like this was less necessary, with alternatives already on the market. But those alternatives are not alternative enough?

I guess Maximum Football and Axis Football just chose the wrong names. Maybe if they rebrand as Pee-Wee Football?

Does Legend still have time to change its name? It can't hurt.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:47 AM   #27
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
You would think a thread like this was less necessary, with alternatives already on the market. But those alternatives are not alternative enough?

I guess Maximum Football and Axis Football just chose the wrong names. Maybe if they rebrand as Pee-Wee Football?

Does Legend still have time to change its name? It can't hurt.
I'm pretty sure the 2k part is what he's really referring to.

Last edited by Balldude777; 11-28-2020 at 12:50 AM.
Old 11-29-2020, 12:21 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 4

Could 2k make an arcade style football game, yet also include a franchise mode? That would be a unique twist, and I obviously want some sort of 2k franchise mode so bad that I may be reaching a bit lol.

I would be willing to buy a 2k fictional football league game, but since it's "arcade", it had powerups, and wacky tackles. Maybe a mixture of the old school madden cards on the ps1/2? maddens and the over the top tackles of the blitz games, with the franchise elements that 2k are known for would turn a meh situation for them, into a money making machine.

My biggest concern is that 2k makes a street style game where you pick 3 to 5 players, play a game, and that's it. I'm definitely hoping for some level of team buidling and franchise mode support. And I really hope the devs for this project are reading our posts.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:13 AM   #29
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldude777
I'm pretty sure the 2k part is what he's really referring to.
Yes you are correct, a 2K branded football game of any sort. 2K is the only company with the engine and capability of making a true alternative. Not some sub par game such as as Maximum Football or Axis Football that still pales in comparison to NFL 2K5, a 16 year old game.

Last edited by tsbmolina; 11-30-2020 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:56 PM   #30
Rookie

Personally, I need more of a simulation style game where I can run my CPU vs CPU leagues. I would prefer to be able to customize my league and it's format, similar to Super Mega Baseball 3 (Seriously, they should look into making a football game). I don't care if it's 8v8 or not. I just want a game where I can make my own league and make it how I want it to be. Madden just doesn't have nearly that kind of customization.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:49 PM   #31
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dossington47
Personally, I need more of a simulation style game where I can run my CPU vs CPU leagues. I would prefer to be able to customize my league and it's format, similar to Super Mega Baseball 3 (Seriously, they should look into making a football game). I don't care if it's 8v8 or not. I just want a game where I can make my own league and make it how I want it to be. Madden just doesn't have nearly that kind of customization.
Yes, I would love that. I created a 12 team league in NBA 2k21 with a fantasy draft with legends and I'm loving that. To me it's like simulating a fantasy sports league except you actually get to play as the team which is exactly what I'm looking for in a football game as an option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 10:09 PM   #32
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
Could 2k make an arcade style football game, yet also include a franchise mode? That would be a unique twist, and I obviously want some sort of 2k franchise mode so bad that I may be reaching a bit lol.

I would be willing to buy a 2k fictional football league game, but since it's "arcade", it had powerups, and wacky tackles. Maybe a mixture of the old school madden cards on the ps1/2? maddens and the over the top tackles of the blitz games, with the franchise elements that 2k are known for would turn a meh situation for them, into a money making machine.

My biggest concern is that 2k makes a street style game where you pick 3 to 5 players, play a game, and that's it. I'm definitely hoping for some level of team buidling and franchise mode support. And I really hope the devs for this project are reading our posts.
I would say it isn’t impossible, in regards to having a franchise mode in an arcade game. I remember NFL Blitz Pro being similar. A mesh between arcade and sim and still had both a Season Mode and Franchise Mode in-game, in which you could sign free agents, make trades, in-season training and other elements.

Last edited by Bolt957; 12-03-2020 at 11:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »