Home

Its NFL Playgrounds, right?

This is a discussion on Its NFL Playgrounds, right? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-03-2020, 02:28 PM   #25
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
Its NFL Playgrounds, right?

A lot of people are setting themselves up for a huge disappointment. Whatever NFL game is coming from 2K now, was not made to compete with Madden. The NFL is not going to allow a game to compete with Madden as a sim game and face legal backlash for that exclusive contract that solely give EA rights for sim gaming. So 2K pretty much HAS TO make a game as far from sim as possible to avoid issues until next year. It’s not a sim game, and likely won’t come close to a sim game and it’s a “community” based game which could mean it’s focused on online gaming in some way...hopefully not meaning pay to play.

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 05-03-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2020, 01:01 AM   #26
Banned

AUTHENTICNFLNBA's Arena

Re: Its NFL Playgrounds, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
A lot of people are setting themselves up for a huge disappointment. Whatever NFL game is coming from 2K now, was not made to compete with Madden. The NFL is not going to allow a game to compete with Madden as a sim game and face legal backlash for that exclusive contract that solely give EA rights for sim gaming. So 2K pretty much HAS TO make a game as far from sim as possible to avoid issues until next year. It’s not a sim game, and likely won’t come close to a sim game and it’s a “community” based game which could mean it’s focused on online gaming in some way...hopefully not meaning pay to play.
This makes no sense at all... I'm just being honest! You had to have posted this without reading the entire thread.. Smh! If nobody knew what you're trying to say, we wouldn't have a thread now would we? Smh.. First of all, everybody including the announcement notice understands that the licensing agreement is over in 2021 which is why the release window was set for 2021.. You know what, I'm done here!! Almost had me..
Old 05-04-2020, 09:01 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I can see a scenario where like Ev14 posted, there could be a sim and non-sim version. Where they could release a NFL Playgrounds/and possibly mobile game next year and if the sim license finally opens back up, they would spend time developing a sim game that could release in 2022.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:52 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTHENTICNFLNBA
This makes no sense at all... I'm just being honest! You had to have posted this without reading the entire thread.. Smh! If nobody knew what you're trying to say, we wouldn't have a thread now would we? Smh.. First of all, everybody including the announcement notice understands that the licensing agreement is over in 2021 which is why the release window was set for 2021.. You know what, I'm done here!! Almost had me..
You're the one who isn't following properly. It's been stated clearly that this 2K partnership does not mean the EA exclusive is over and that the first 2K game would not be a sim because EA still has exclusivity over sim NFL games. What remains unclear is what that means actually. The other big thoing we don't know is if EA and the NFL will renew the exclusivity agreement for sim games.

You've been quite condescending in your responses yet it seems you are the one speculating more than anybody else.

Last edited by mercalnd; 05-04-2020 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:03 AM   #29
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

I don't see any reason why the NFL and EA wouldn't renew their agreement honestly. They've been working together for quite some time and with all the money I imagine they bring in through MUT alone I just....don't see the NFL switching to 2k or opening it up to be non-exclusive or a multi partnership thing. Maybe that's me being pessimistic....or trying to keep my expectations in check.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 05-04-2020, 11:57 PM   #30
Banned

AUTHENTICNFLNBA's Arena

[b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
You're the one who isn't following properly. It's been stated clearly that this 2K partnership does not mean the EA exclusive is over and that the first 2K game would not be a sim because EA still has exclusivity over sim NFL games. What remains unclear is what that means actually. The other big thoing we don't know is if EA and the NFL will renew the exclusivity agreement for sim games.

You've been quite condescending in your responses yet it seems you are the one speculating more than anybody else.
Oh!!! So this must be the " LATE BLOOMER " thread BECAUSE if I did not know or UNDERSTAND any of this then I wouldn't have said what I said!! Omg..The guys on OS these days smh!!

First off all, NO $&?;!!! The god damn license is still ACTIVE ( as we speak ) until December of 2020 ( FACTS ) which means 2K SPORTS can not make a " SIM " title until the contract runs it's course ( duhhh!! ) As far as speculation goes, let's just say " speak for yourself when you say WE don know what a " non-sim " game truly is before you jump on my case superman... EA WILL NOT BE GETTING THE EXCLUSIVE DEAL ALONE WHEN THE TIME COMES!!! Period... We already know this is WHY they announced this 2K PARTNERSHIP ( Remember EA's Twitter tantrum ) so early!! Again.. Duhhhh!!!

Last edited by AUTHENTICNFLNBA; 05-05-2020 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-05-2020, 12:11 AM   #31
Banned

AUTHENTICNFLNBA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
I don't see any reason why the NFL and EA wouldn't renew their agreement honestly. They've been working together for quite some time and with all the money I imagine they bring in through MUT alone I just....don't see the NFL switching to 2k or opening it up to be non-exclusive or a multi partnership thing. Maybe that's me being pessimistic....or trying to keep my expectations in check.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I can give you almost 20million reasons why the NFL would allow an shared licensing!! DO THE MATH!!! Yeah yeah yeah, MUT makes a a lot of cash but 2K dwarfs EA in micro transactions ( Take a look ) Again, madden sells almost 5 million copies a year and 2K has been at 14 or 15 million for the last 2 years!!! Think about what just wrote one more time.. The greedy NFL could gain more money off a 2K football game than EA could get a loan for!! That license ( exclusive ) would have to be a billion or more!! Period... Think about that!!

Last edited by AUTHENTICNFLNBA; 05-05-2020 at 12:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2020, 12:54 AM   #32
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTHENTICNFLNBA
I can give you almost 20million reasons why the NFL would allow an shared licensing!! DO THE MATH!!! Yeah yeah yeah, MUT makes a a lot of cash but 2K dwarfs EA in micro transactions ( Take a look ) Again, madden sells almost 5 million copies a year and 2K has been at 14 or 15 million for the last 2 years!!! Think about what just wrote one more time.. The greedy NFL could gain more money off a 2K football game than EA could get a loan for!! That license ( exclusive ) would have to be a billion or more!! Period... Think about that!!
Try again?

Electronic Arts earned $993 Million in microtransaction revenue in Q4 of FY 2019 (October 1 through December 31) while Take 2 Interactive in the same time span pulled a (still ridiculous) $344 Million. So on its face, no, you are immediately incorrect; Take 2 does not make more microtransaction revenue than EA.

According to NPD, NBA 2K20 and Madden NFL 20 were the domestic #2 and #3 selling titles in North America, respectively. Both games are doing quite well. Presumably, both titles were major drivers of microtransaction spending (and both companies have many other titles which surely contributed to their bookings, be it EA's FIFA Soccer and Apex Legends or 2K's Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption 2).

If someone can find unit numbers, fine - those aren't easy to pin down anymore, and unit numbers haven't been easy to find for most of this past decade - but this picture you're trying to paint that NBA 2K and Take 2 are a runaway financial juggernaut leaving Madden and EA in the dust (relatively speaking) just doesn't hold up to any basic level of scrutiny.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 05-05-2020 at 01:01 AM. Reason: corrects time span

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »