Home

2k/Visual Concepts - Evolution of the Running Game?

This is a discussion on 2k/Visual Concepts - Evolution of the Running Game? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-25-2020, 03:10 PM   #9
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 2k/Visual Concepts - Evolution of the Running Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Nonetheless, if there are player animations/interactions then one could reasonably assume they will surpass anything we've seen to date...given how far advanced they were 13-15 years ago in comparison to the competition.
I agree....which I why am concerned the "simulation" contract language might prevent this scenario. I would think that EA would have made sure their agreement with the NFL would prevent any chance of being shown up by the competition....in any aspect/element of the sport. So even if 2K put out some mini-games, I don't think EA would want twitter lighting up with "Wow, the tackling is much more realistic that Madden!! 2K needs to put out a full game". The EA lawyers are too smart for that.

Again, I hope I am wrong. I would be interested in any type of football action. 7x7 or arcady or tecmo-ish. Whatever. But I wouldn't be into a mobile card game or NFL Monopoly.
Old 04-26-2020, 10:04 AM   #10
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I am not so sure they could even do an arcade game? Even if it is unrealistic, any game that has tackling, passing, kicking, touch downs etc could be interpreted as "Simulating" the NFL.
Well that would simply be simulating fundamental football including 11 on 11 at any level as these things existed before the NFL. However, things specific to the NFL such as particular rules, roster size, offseason schedule, etc is where I think the line is drawn in terms of the non-sim restriction though I certainly could be wrong.

Last edited by Kanobi; 04-26-2020 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-26-2020, 11:13 AM   #11

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Well that would simply be simulating fundamental football including 11 on 11 at any level as these things existed before the NFL. However, things specific to the NFL such as particular rules, roster size, offseason schedule, etc is where I think the line is drawn in terms of the non-sim restriction though I certainly could be wrong.
You think the NFL agreed to give them a share of the NFL license only to tell them they can't replicate anything specific to the NFL?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2020, 11:26 AM   #12
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You think the NFL agreed to give them a share of the NFL license only to tell them they can't replicate anything specific to the NFL?
No, my response was moreso in regards to EA's agreement and the "non-sim" stipulation.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:13 AM   #13
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

So, something like this?

Old 05-01-2020, 08:10 AM   #14
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

A couple of my fav short runs from an edited APF2k8 roster file ...just beautiful! I couldn't fathom how these would look on a current gen console, let alone next-gen...

Old 05-01-2020, 08:28 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
So, something like this?

Quote:
A couple of my fav short runs from an edited APF2k8 roster file ...just beautiful! I couldn't fathom how these would look on a current gen console, let alone next-gen...

That's what I liked about 2k5/2k8. You see the momentum, you appropriate tackling animation, the AI blocking. You see the defenders taking the appropriate angles and tackle animations based on both carrier and defender location and momentum. The AI OL blocks with intent and you see them go up field looking for someone else to block. In the vid, you see the WR block the DB out of the play and falls to his knees blocking.

That's what I want to see next gen. The animation quality, superior CPU AI, physics/momentum based gameplay, and matchups matters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2020, 11:26 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I am not so sure they could even do an arcade game? Even if it is unrealistic, any game that has tackling, passing, kicking, touch downs etc could be interpreted as "Simulating" the NFL. They might be limited to a mobile card trading game? Not what I am hoping for, but keeping my expectations in check.

^This! How can 2k make a game worse than madden? Do they have to code poorly on purpose? I can’t imagine any football product produced by 2k being worse on the field

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »