Home

NFL 2K release date info possibly announced Monday August 8th (nothing was announced)

This is a discussion on NFL 2K release date info possibly announced Monday August 8th (nothing was announced) within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-08-2022, 02:58 PM   #9
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NFL 2K release date info possibly announced Monday August 8th

I think this is one of 2 things, we know from the SGO article 2K is pushing to the limit of what constitutes sim gameplay. They are either being forced to dial major things back about the game because they crossed a line far enough that EA could get involved legally if they feel 2K is stepping on their "exclusive sim" toes, or they are dialing up closer to sim gameplay because they have found more legal wiggle room and are changing things toward a more sim experience. Either way major changes have got to be occurring, the article says 2024 release isn't outside the realm of possibility.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:05 PM   #10
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Saw this article on business wire about the call. No mention of the NFL game at all

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...t-Quarter-2023

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-08-2022, 05:49 PM   #11
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

No NFL 2K.

At least they confirmed PGA Tour 2K23. I wondered what was going on with that franchise but I don’t like golf.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2022, 06:06 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
At this point, it seems they may just release it next year. It would be cool if they said anything about this year but given the NFL wants the game released before the season, it's probably too late to release it this year. The fact they moved to promoting NBA2K23 means the NFL Game likely is being held off for next Summer.

NFL & 2K should have waited to announce the partnership, they announced it and it's been delayed ever since. If they would have announced it this year with a game coming out in 2023, there wouldn't be all this waiting and hoping they announce something at any point.
I agree, but that's how it is nowadays. It's hard to keep these deals under wraps when the it's public. Nowadays, companies announce deals as they are agreed upon and signed before it is "leaked". It's like with Max Payne remake that was announced a couple months ago. That's a minimum of 3-4 years out from release. Or like the Xbox 2020 showcase. Looking at it now, most of those highlight games were announced 4+ years out. In a perfect world, most of us don't want to hear about a game until about 2 years out. That way, the info doesn't go dormant for years.

It does make you think that unless it was a smaller scale game, releasing before 2023 seemed unrealistic considering that it was announced March 2020. I remember that was announced right before the pandemic started. So, maybe that changed the development schedule. But, I'm patient. I rather wait until 2024, if it means it's an actual enjoyable NFL game. If it released 2021/2022, it most likely would've been a smaller scale game that didn't have replay ability.
Old 08-08-2022, 11:26 PM   #13
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Actually, it's closing in on 2 and a half years since it's been announced. The original announcement came out on March 10 2020.
Wow, there can't have been a worse time to announce it. That's literally like the birth of COVID right there. Nobody knew what was to come next given that time period.

I'm sure that played a massive role in the delay that we see now.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-09-2022, 06:03 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Wow, there can't have been a worse time to announce it. That's literally like the birth of COVID right there. Nobody knew what was to come next given that time period.

Definitely played a massive role. It was announced March 10th, the Pandemic started March 11th. So you have to imagine they probably had to most of the early development from home.
Old 08-09-2022, 09:36 AM   #15
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

I was waiting for someone to make the connection and say it out loud. The original roadmap for the game would fell apart in days.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »