Home

D2/D3/NAIA/Community College NCAA Football 14 Team Directory Project

This is a discussion on D2/D3/NAIA/Community College NCAA Football 14 Team Directory Project within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-08-2013, 01:49 AM   #17
Rookie

bakerpa25's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: D2/D3/NAIA/Community College NCAA Football 14 Team Directory Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoffey
I keep mine private as well, at least til I have rosters done. Right now most of mine are sitting with the same roster as DII teams last year since I used them as a base, so I've kept them private to keep folks from getting too antsy in their pantsy about when a certain team is gonna get done.
I will do the same. I plan on doing some more teams too. I realized I love doing these. I've made rosters but never done teambuilder stuff before. There is not a better feeling than when you can get a uniform perfect. haha
Old 07-08-2013, 01:55 AM   #18
Rookie

bakerpa25's Arena

OVR: 6

Sneak preview of Rhodes

Last edited by bakerpa25; 07-08-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:40 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 29

^I'd make the main logo larger if I were you. It's going to look tiny at midfield.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #20
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

Question - and I think it has been addressed before. If there are FBS transfers on the team who were on last year's game, should we use those ratings for them if they are over the 75 OVR threshold?
Old 07-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #21
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

And my one suggestion as far as player ratings. I don't think it is accurate to have FBS/FCS transfers be rated higher than first-team AA's at the D2 level. There are a bevy of Division II players who are better in every facet of the game than some FBS players and most FCS players. A two-time AA in Division II at offensive line is going to be better and even have a better shot at the NFL than the fourth OT at Alabama-Birmingham, or even the starting OT's from UAB in most cases. There are many cases where D1 transfers have gone to D2 and said that the skill level positions are the exact same talent for starters, just with less depth, and the OL/DL are just smaller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #22
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
And my one suggestion as far as player ratings. I don't think it is accurate to have FBS/FCS transfers be rated higher than first-team AA's at the D2 level. There are a bevy of Division II players who are better in every facet of the game than some FBS players and most FCS players. A two-time AA in Division II at offensive line is going to be better and even have a better shot at the NFL than the fourth OT at Alabama-Birmingham, or even the starting OT's from UAB in most cases. There are many cases where D1 transfers have gone to D2 and said that the skill level positions are the exact same talent for starters, just with less depth, and the OL/DL are just smaller.
I'd agree with this.

Ohio State has seen a good number of players transfer out to D-II schools, especially Ashland. Some do well and others don't see the field much. The best example is Rocco Pentello, who was a 3-star Safety prospect. After two years of not playing (and wanting to play QB), he transferred to Ashland. Then after a year at Ashland and being a backup, he transferred down to D-III Otterbein.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 19
Yea I'm cool with that, I just posted the same guidelines as last year.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #24
Rookie

drobe86's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen

Umm that's debatable. The difference between major Division 1 College Football (ACC, SEC, Big 12, BIG, Big EAST, Mountain West, Pac 12) is tremendous when compared to FCS and Division II. Whether skill or offensive line or skill it's not even close. Now the Sun Belt and MAC aren't all that different FCS at all, but they're superior to Division II. Valdosta State, Grand Valley, Winston Salem, North Alabama (mostly) and Cal-PA all transcend division. Those teams could compete and do pretty well at the FCS level I believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »