Home

Game Mode - In the Game

This is a discussion on Game Mode - In the Game within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
Rookie

Sh3Ikfly's Arena

OVR: 2
Game Mode - In the Game

One of my biggest issues with the NCAA franchise is the ESPN broadcast focus and feel. Over the years EA has constantly done what they can to produce a college football game that mimics an ESPN broadcast. I want to see a mode that immerses you more into the actual field of play.

Instead of presenting the game like a tv broadcast, present it like we are on the field of play. Make the crowd and the field action priority 1. Make us feel like we are actually in a football game and not just watching one on TV.

I realize this can be slightly achieved by modifying the audio settings, but that doesn't change the ESPN watching a game on TV feel. It does give you the ability to silence the commentators during a game, which would be an awesome addition to some actual real broadcasts.

I don't think it would take much to integrate and it could simply be an option:
Presentation: ESPN or On the Field

What kind of changes would you guys make to have the game feel more like a live game instead of a broadcast?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Game Mode - In the Game

I would like to see them stay with the ESPN broadcast but gear it more with the collegiate feel.

Whats the only real difference between NCAA and Madden? The teams and players. The game ignores the pagentry of a college football game. The players all act the same, the fans all act the same. Crowd noise doesn't have as big an affect as it should.

You can keep the ESPN broadcast but make it something special. You need audio that follows the game and the college feel. It's much too scripted and bland. The announcers should discuss the history of the program, the stadium, the rivalry, etc. They should discuss the fans and their following, especially around key moments when the fans get loud.

The game focuses too much on what is between the sidelines, but that just makes it a football game. They need to start focusing on the things that makes college football unique. Discuss why certain teams run the option, why a certain coach makes a certain decision. There should be certain ways to describe a suprising move on 4th down rather than the generic "I'm surprised they are going for it here," which is stated every time.

If the broadcast can make it more like an NCAA game and less like a generic football game, thats all I want. They just need to make it dynamic.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I loved the way previous games had it. If it wasn't locally broadcast or nationally, you'll get no TV presentation. Just the PA announcer.

Loved hearing the crowd roar and the PA yelling, that's another first down!

#NCAA06
Old 08-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
Rookie

MaxVPower's Arena

OVR: 0

I always mute the Broadcasters and up the crowd, custom stadiums sounds and PA announcer a little to make it feel more like I'm at the game (and not worry about annoying/repetitive announcers). I haven't done this, but would consider doing away with instant replays, but sometimes I do enjoy seeing the action from their broadcast cameras.

But my idea is, to create more of a "at the stadium" feel. Instead of having a screen come up with the instant replay or a in game update of another game, show the stadium scoreboard that is showing the replay or scores from around the country. Or even have the PA Announcer announce scores from around the country between quarters or at halftime like they do at every stadium. If you're team doesn't have a video-board, no replays if you're in "at the stadium" mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »