Home

Switching to the option

This is a discussion on Switching to the option within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2013, 01:50 AM   #1
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3
Switching to the option

As the topic title states, I'm switching to the option. I found Air Force's playbook for 200 BIN, so that's what I'll be using.

I was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions for specifc players to use in this offense. Right now, I've got Charlie Ward at QB, Eddie George and Warrick Dunn at HB, Charles Clay at FB, and Ryan Broyles and Calvin Johnson at WR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Switching to the option

Ward isn't the best QB for option. His running attributes (ELU, but especially BCV, SFA, SPM, JKM) are poor. I am running it with Ware, and he is much more solid.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Vick is by far the best running QB but he has a huge fumbling problem, plus his arm strength is a huge plus in the option offense. I would say your best options are Andre Ware, Tommy Fraizer, or Pat White. Its really up to you, between those three you're essentially getting the same thing.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

Best Qb's are HW Vick, Elite Young, HW Newton, cover vote denard, Elite Pat White, Elite Troy Smith, or HW Tebow. Its all about running style preference. At FB, I suggest Elite William Floyd, Gold Robert Hughes, or a top notch power HB such as Jerome Bettis, Toby Gerhart, Eddie George, Trent Richardson, Mark Ingram, or Jamal Lewis. The FB will almost never be a lead blocker, so having a HB there won't have any negative effects. At HB, I suggest speed runners so they can get to the outside easily. The top options are HW Barry Sanders, HW Adrian Peterson, Elite Warrick Dunn, elite LaMichael James, Elite McFadden, elite LeSean McCoy, elite edgerrin James, elite emmitt smith, and elite Fred Taylor. Also, make sure your o-line is a bunch of elite run blockers, as that will be the most important trait. Fluker and his +1 rbk might be a good investment. And putting te's at WR to block could help as well.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
Rookie

I have HW Cam, elite White, and HW Ware and I would say all three would be great for you and in that order. I'm sure elite Vince would be great too but I've never used him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3

I used Ward for a few games, and I agree that he isn't great for this offense. He's not fast enough or agile enough to operate it well. So, when he ran out of games, I pulled Gold Cam Newton out of my reserves. With him running the offense, I won five H2H games in a row and won my first championship. I think I've found my QB, at least for a while.

I've heard nothing but good things about Ware, so I'll probably try him out at some point. My HBs are also doing very well (I had a SICK run with Eddie George yesterday where he broke, like, seven tackles.) I might look for a faster fullback, but I'm not sure yet. Charles Clay has done okay, but he hasn't been very special for me yet.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
Rookie

yeah vick pisses me off with the fumbles. anybody use rg3 hh? i have one in my reserves and might try him out.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by malowry
I used Ward for a few games, and I agree that he isn't great for this offense. He's not fast enough or agile enough to operate it well. So, when he ran out of games, I pulled Gold Cam Newton out of my reserves. With him running the offense, I won five H2H games in a row and won my first championship. I think I've found my QB, at least for a while.

I've heard nothing but good things about Ware, so I'll probably try him out at some point. My HBs are also doing very well (I had a SICK run with Eddie George yesterday where he broke, like, seven tackles.) I might look for a faster fullback, but I'm not sure yet. Charles Clay has done okay, but he hasn't been very special for me yet.
At FB, just get somebody with high Trucking and speed, as that is all you will ever need running right up the middle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »