Home

Sliders for online dynasty NCAA 14

This is a discussion on Sliders for online dynasty NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2019, 02:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sliders for online dynasty NCAA 14

Anyone have a good set of sliders specifically for online dynasty in NCAA 14?

I think I know what I want to do with CPU but I’ve not found anything I like to get user vs user games looking what I consider realistic.

Here are my primary concerns and thoughts on each...

Breaking tackles/tackling
—- tackling is unrealistically good vs HBs
—- Elite break tackle HBs don’t break tackles much more than their 80 break tackle counterparts
——- want to create a realistic scenario where if you go aggressive strip vs a 240 LB HB with 95 break tackle/95 trucking/95 stiff arm with a 210 LB OLB with 72 strength and 80 tackling you’re at real risk of getting run over.

SO MAYBE JUST TURN UP HB ABILITY A LITTLE AT A TIME UNTIL I GET IT WHERE IT FEELS REALISTIC TO ME???

(2) Pass blocking

While some folks are the master of quick pressure via AI exploits most of the time there’s an unrealistic amount of time to throw.

Even elite (computer controlled) DL don’t get consistent pressure vs very average OL. Bull rush seems especially effected by this. You can have 90 strength, 95 power moves, and 98 block shedding and you’re not getting the kind of penetration you should ... even vs average OL.

There aren’t tons of guys in real CFB getting 10+ sacks a year so some kind of DL ability slider might create the best experience... it’d be better if you could accomplish a realistic pass rush without dumbing down OLB awareness but alas this obviously isn’t possible.

(3) Pass defense

It seems like the only way guys get consistently open is lowering the speed threshold but that can create a situation where IMO DBs awareness, play recognition, and coverage skills aren’t accounted for enough.

On 0-10 etc speed threshold it creates an artificial gameplay. Guys get open too fast and in run D the same thing - HBs get out into the open too easily because play recognition and the ability to take good angles is artificially negated...

Pass coverage is conversely too good still on WR/DB matchups of similar speeds/agilities/accelerations.

I want an environment where route running, catch in traffic, and release play more realistic roles in a WR getting open.

On defense I want play recognition and coverage skills make true appropriate impact on your short and medium pass defenses.

It seems like this is the hardest part to get correct so if someone has a great online dynasty slider for this that’s my priority.

I’d build the rest of my settings around that!

So those are the issues I’m most trying to address. I know there are others but I want to get these three right first.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »