Home

As real as it gets CPU vs. CPU sliders

This is a discussion on As real as it gets CPU vs. CPU sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: As real as it gets CPU vs. CPU sliders

It looks like the only numbers that are really off from the sim are the passing TDs, INTs and sacks. I've said before that there's really nothing you can do about sacks since it's just an issue with the way the game calculates sacks, but it looks like you're having the same issue I was having with regard to the passing TDs. I'm not sure why the INT numbers were off, but hopefully the new set I'm working on will fix both issues. The current settings I'm using (even adjusted from the last settings I posted) have actually cut down on sacks as well, so hopefully the trend continues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2014, 10:53 PM   #82
Rookie

Here are my results for the first game with my settings. Texas didn't have to throw the ball much, because Jonathan Gray was torching Georgia State on the ground. Texas has a 93 defensive ratings and Georgia State's quarterback couldn't get anything done through the air.

Texas Longhorns at Georgia State Panthers
Nov 16, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
#10 Texas Longhorns (11-2)170141748
Georgia State Panthers (1-11)00000
Team Stats Comparison
TEXGSU
Total Offense478133
Rushing Yards30036
Passing Yards17897
First Downs148
Punt Return Yards1039
Kick Return Yards300
Total Yards611142
Turnovers02
3rd Down Converstion3-10 (30%)2-16 (12%)
4th Down Conversion0-0 (0%)0-0 (0%)
2-Point Conversion0-0 (0%)0-0 (0%)
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals4-3-1 (100%)0-0-0 (0%)
Penalties0-01-9
Posession Time14:5217:08
Texas Longhorns
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
D. Ash13/2017810
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
J. Gray2424610.25
D. Ash6457.50
M. Brown351.60
A. De La Torre144.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J. Gray44611.50
J. Shipley3103.30
M. Davis2136.50
C. Jones28844.01
K. Sanders11919.00
M. McFarland122.00
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
A. Fera2/46/637
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
W. Russ416340.7
Georgia State Panthers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
R. Bell15/309702
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
G. Howse20532.60
R. Bell9-17-1.80
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
G. Howse6274.50
J. Ruiz4338.20
D. Williams2178.50
S. Jeppesen144.00
A. Wilson188.00
J. Giles188.00
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
M. Hubbard1243936.5
Old 11-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #83
Rookie

I really like the Georgia State QBs numbers, but are you seeing any games where the top QBs are just torching poor defenses for 400 yards and 5-6 TDs as well? Or even if they're putting up 200+ yards in limited playing time, like in the first half.

In other words, my aim is to get the full gamut of outcomes: The great QBs put up great numbers, especially against poor teams, while the poor QBs put up lousy numbers against good teams.

So far, it's been easy to get the overall averages where they should be, but the variation between good and bad QBs hasn't been as drastic as it should. If you have good QBs putting up monster numbers, you also have poor QBs putting up higher numbers than they should. And if you have the poor QBs performing where they should, you never get the good QBs putting up the monster numbers they should.

Maybe you're seeing something I'm not, but I just wasn't getting that variation with your settings. And so far, I haven't been getting the variation with my settings either. I'm wondering if it's possible, but I'd like to think I'm at least getting closer each time I make a few adjustments.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:51 PM   #84
Pro

OVR: 7

Zocrates,
which sliders are you using now?
do you think you are getting close to finalizing your set?
Old 12-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #85
Rookie

Hey Zocrates,

Just wanted to stop here and say thank you for your tireless efforts. I've long been a sim player, and I've always wanted a true representation of what I expect to see on satudays (or sundays, when you used to be able to do this with madden). I like to build programs, but I find, if I actually play, I skew the results. You should be able to beat Ohio State with Ohio University, no matter the settings. I'm not a huge fan of adjusting the sliders to actually play against the computer, because if I lost while doing that, i'd feel I "cheated" myself to a loss, and didn't actually earn it.

CPU vs CPU is a different animal. It allows me to recruit, install a playbook and game plan to suit my players, and the team i'm playing against. I get a rush when my team gets a sack, or has a big pass breakup. Broken tackles make me giddy in a way I can't reproduce in a Hum vs Cpu game. If only I could call the plays and have them represented in the same way as cpu vs cpu, though from some testing I've done I fear that the coach mode settings are weighted towards unbalance.

The game, as it stands, was not made to be a sim game. It was made to be played, and as such the game is wonderful. It really is the best college football representation ever made, even if the read options are a bit over powered. That being said, we must accept certain variations as legit in order to get the feeling of how teams "should" be performing. We must accept a higher comp % if we are to obtain longer TD throws and more vertical passing. We must accept a higher number of sacks if we wish to keep the defensive line as meaningful members of the team. We must accept a few more broken tackels than seem realistic to get an accurate number of ypc.

Bottom line, you've done a wonderful job both testing, and breaking down the hows and whys of what you are doing. I personally thank you. Now, lets get down to business.

I want to build a team from scratch, and I'm going to start with Ohio university and work my way up the coaching ranks. With the updated rosters, Ohio is one of the worst offenses in the land, and with any slider set ill most likely need to run the triple option to remain viable. Eventually, I will get to a point where I can recruit the guys I need to run the triple option, not as a fallback, but because it's the most effective attack in the game. I want to have games where the opposing teams TORCH my pass defense, and I want games where I run for 350 yards, and I think your set has nailed it. Again, certain exceptions must be made, but, fantastic. I look forward to the rest of my dynasty. Thank you, again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #86
Rookie

***Shouldn't be able to beat OSU...
Old 12-08-2014, 06:53 PM   #87
Rookie

@GreenGlen

I have a set I'm using right now that are looking good so far, but don't want to post anything until I get a few more games in since each slider set I seem to use looks good at first but then falls apart at some point.

The set I'm using is a bit of a mashup between my last set and the settings from the official OS slider thread, though.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:57 PM   #88
Rookie

@Jeremyhockaday

I'm glad you're enjoying the sliders. I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to these sliders, so there are things about my past settings that I'm not at all happy with, so I've still been testing new things. It looks like I'm getting close to something I can be happy with, but I've been here before, so I'm not going to get too excited about it.

Hopefully I'll know in the next few days if this current setup will work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »