Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #401
Rookie

BrettAU's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

I've been playing constantly since noon.

Really tempted to bump the offensive difficulty to All American
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #402
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
This is what I was thinking. A lot of wiggle room left in run block. Also tackle for the d. But like u asked I dont know the downside to those moves.

Starting dyansty as army here in a bit so ill be able to help u figure out the run d also
Very early impressions, but raised CPU tackling and the one thing I immediately noticed is they played the read option a lot better. They didn't dive for the RB everytime like they usually love too, which was encouraging. Don't know the perfect slider value for it, but for now I think raising CPU tackling may be helpful for those struggling to keep their own running in check.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #403
Rookie

One thing to note (sorry for posting so much) about having IG at 100: like people say, it does raise the CPU QB's awareness and it increases the chance they wait in the pocket or scramble. But, on the other hand, sometimes the scrambling can get ridiculous. People had said Manziel was running all over the place, which is typical of how he should play, but I just had IG at 100 and the QB ran ten straight times over two drives... Lowered it to 75 just to check and sure enough he finally started throwing passes.

Just a caution on the extremes on that particular slider. Still better than just constantly errant overthrows though for sure, just gotta find the right value.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #404
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by risewithus56
One thing to note (sorry for posting so much) about having IG at 100: like people say, it does raise the CPU QB's awareness and it increases the chance they wait in the pocket or scramble. But, on the other hand, sometimes the scrambling can get ridiculous. People had said Manziel was running all over the place, which is typical of how he should play, but I just had IG at 100 and the QB ran ten straight times over two drives... Lowered it to 75 just to check and sure enough he finally started throwing passes.

Just a caution on the extremes on that particular slider. Still better than just constantly errant overthrows though for sure, just gotta find the right value.
What team/QB? What is his ability/tendency? Just curious I've never seen a QB scramble ten times in one game honestly, let alone ten in a row..
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #405
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
What team/QB? What is his ability/tendency? Just curious I've never seen a QB scramble ten times in one game honestly, let alone ten in a row..
Playing against Virginia, David Watford is 85 ovr with 82 spd and 86 acc... I mean, it wasn't a shock that he was running. But he hadn't ran all game, and all of the sudden a couple drives after I up the slider, he runs ten straight times over two drives, and then when I lowered it he was back to normal. At 75 it feels about right, so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #406
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hoping you guys are on to something with raising the tackle slider. Are we talking just one notch here to 55? Also, has anyone tried going to 75 with CPU Rush D yet or lowering User run block?
Old 07-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #407
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettAU
I've been playing constantly since noon.

Really tempted to bump the offensive difficulty to All American
That is exactly the opposite of what these sliders are for.

Varsity is to help stop the Agressive AI bug... (should be a bug..)

All-American and Heisman keep it on.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #408
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Finished up the game vs. Clemson.. lost 30-28. Clemson dominated the 1st half but couldn't score TDs and settled for FGs. My offense got it together in the 2nd half to make a strong comeback but my kicker missed a 40something yard attempt late in the game. The Clemson run game was nearly unstoppable. They ran the Shotgun Dive plays that AA outlined were an issue in his thread, and their HB ran for 193 yards with an 8.7 YPC.

Tahj Boyd was tormented by drops (8 by Clemson receivers) which killed his stats. My DBs got their hands on 3 passes to knock them down and I threw 2 INTs myself. I absolutely love the QBA at 0 on this level. Just gotta get the pass D to be a little tighter and hopefully figure out how to balance the CPU run game, though it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for Clemson to run on NCSU to the tune of over 250 yards.

Also, I'm going to need to raise the User PBK slider. I was sacked 8 more times and simply don't have enough time to find receivers more than 10 yards downfield. Gonna try it at 10 and adjust from there.

NCSU Stats:
QB Brandon Mitchell 22/34 (64%) 382 yards, 3 TD 2 INT
HB Shadrich Thornton 12 rushes 31 yards (vastly different from the game vs. La Tech)
HB Tony Creecy 5 rushes 34 yards
1 drop from NCSU receivers (I might lower this a notch, only 2 drops in 2 games but I want a larger sample size)

Clemson Stats:
QB Tajh Boyd 13/28 (46%) 165 yards 1 TD 0 INT
15 rushes 78 yards (mostly read options, a few scrambles)
HB Roderick McDowell 22 rushes 193 yards 2 TD
8 drops from Clemson receivers (Gonna leave this for now, may raise it in the future.. not a large enough sample size yet)

Keep up the great work on these guys. I'm going to start my offline dynasty with these settings either tonight or tomorrow and hopefully I'll only need minor adjustments from then on. I'll continue to post my results in here from time to time and I'll definitely be following.

Watch me play video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »