Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #25
Rookie

WoOkiE FTW's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

I'm also thinking about going with 8 minute quarters for statistics sake. Me and UNC have been slugging it out and we're both at about 450 yards of offense with 5:20 still left to play. Passing percentage is good though for both sides, but can't really judge the CPU running game against UNC. They hardly ever run the ball when I play them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah, that was a good point, hzman - i'll take a look at it all when i get the game tonight. Excited to see what is in store for the next couple hours.

Some things for you guys to look at that have the game...

RBA - check for the CPU and make sure trucking/btk isn't crazy.
TAK - goes in hand with RBA but also SEC and I wanted to see less overpowered tackles and more wrap ups, etc - it's college football after all.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #27
Rookie

WoOkiE FTW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yeah, that was a good point, hzman - i'll take a look at it all when i get the game tonight. Excited to see what is in store for the next couple hours.

Some things for you guys to look at that have the game...

RBA - check for the CPU and make sure trucking/btk isn't crazy.
TAK - goes in hand with RBA but also SEC and I wanted to see less overpowered tackles and more wrap ups, etc - it's college football after all.
I had reduced RBA to 75 and UNC's back was still breaking off some good runs when he did run it. But they don't run it enough for me to gauge how well, because they maybe run 10-15 times total between rb and qb throughout the entire game.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #28
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
be careful here Matt...lol
There's actually 4 sliders you could "tweak" to maybe get the desired results.

1-rba-obvious choice here
2-tackle-I wouldn't mess with this one,as you want to see more gang tackles and wrap up stuff.
3-cpu run block-obviously the lower,the quicker your guys will shed there blocks and get into the backfield
4-human rush defense-goes in combination with cpu run block and could produce the desired effect.

Overall though,I would be very careful at this juncture,as messing with 1 thing,could put the whole thing out of whack.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #29
Rookie

WoOkiE FTW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
be careful here Matt...lol
There's actually 4 sliders you could "tweak" to maybe get the desired results.

1-rba-obvious choice here
2-tackle-I wouldn't mess with this one,as you want to see more gang tackles and wrap up stuff.
3-cpu run block-obviously the lower,the quicker your guys will shed there blocks and get into the backfield
4-human rush defense-goes in combination with cpu run block and could produce the desired effect.

Overall though,I would be very careful at this juncture,as messing with 1 thing,could put the whole thing out of whack.
Doesn't cpu run block affect the screen, too? Because every time a screen was ran against me the running lane was wide open.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #30
Rookie

WoOkiE FTW's Arena

Also noticed that user pass coverage can be a little horrendous at times.

I believe this set is very much on the right track, just down to the fine tuning of certain areas now.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:03 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just finished a classic game with these. I'm an OC running the triple and I only play the first and fourth quarters. I made some stupid reads and was down 7-0 when I handed the game over to the CPU. I got the ball back at the beginning of the 4th down 28 to 6. I hit a prayer jump ball to my 6-5 230lb wideout to get I to the red zone and ran my offense to get the touch and two point conversion. My computer defense forced a short drive for AFA and I got the ball back and decided to stick with my offense and two plays into my drive I hit the B back on an option and he busts a 71 yard touchdown run to make it 28-21. My comp defense holds again and I get the ball with 48 seconds left and no timeouts and I march it up the field with no huddle and have 4th and 10 at the 35 and get a roughing the passer penalty on the incomplete pass. I score with seven seconds left and force over time and lose, but man, what a fun game.

Here's the final stat line...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (576.3 KB, 3269 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 01:28 AM   #32
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm super confused as to why the settings affect the sliders they do....

Example, heisman offense uses varsity sliders

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »