Home

JeRzeyReign's VaRsity SlideRs

This is a discussion on JeRzeyReign's VaRsity SlideRs within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-04-2011, 01:51 AM   #1
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
JeRzeyReign's VaRsity SlideRs

Now I've read over and over about how Heisman cheats and all that jazz. I actually believe that crowd and for the most part I tend to play a video game rather than a football game. I mean, I don't lose 20+ 4th quarter leads but thats another story for another day. In its current state, NCAA '12 is not a simulation of college football... its a video game about college football.

Now my belief is that this game is meant to be played (or developed) on the Varsity setting. From playing this game on that level you see so many animations that just don't happen on higher levels.

Now the problem with Varsity is that the Human player is given an artificial boost. Just like on higher settings the CPU is given hidden boosts. This is why the sliders all stay at 50 no matter what difficulty you are on.

With the game on varsity, I, the player, am creating my own difficulty. The first thing I must accomplish is to rid the player of any hidden boosts. Below is my base slider set to accomplish this. I have some sort of mathematical calculation in my head of how the difficulty is 'changed' when moving up in difficulty that is too long to actually post out. Lets just say that as you move up, the CPU gets a 25% boost. Not the exact number but just take 25% of 50 (62.5, rounds up to 65) and put all the AI sliders to 65 and it will proably play close to All American. Put them to 75 and it probably will play close to Heisman. The only difference is the AI doesn't 'know' your play when they need a stop or their QB doesn't magically become John Elway in the clutch.

Anyway, I could go on and on about this stuff but I save my reasoning for other sites. Now I'm not saying this set is the savior of slider sets (or NCAA '12), its just my attempt to unlock the game.

Remember, this is still a work in progress and is just for offline gamers...

Gameplay Options
Injuries & Fatigue: ON
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes
Game Speed: Normal
Threshold: 0
HFA & Ice the Kicker: ON

Game Rules
Offsides: 85
False Start: 85
Holding: 55
Facemask: 55
Off/Def PI & Kick return interference: 100
Clipping: 50
Intentional Grounding: 100
Roughing the Passer: 100
Roughing the Kicker: 100

User Sliders
QB Accuracy: 25
Pass Block: 25
WR Catching: 25
RB Ability: 25
Run Blocking: 25
Pass Coverage: 25
Pass Rush: 25
Interceptions: 25
Rush Defense: 25
Tackling: 25
FG Power: 50
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 50
Kickoff Power: 50

CPU Sliders
QB Accuracy: 50
Pass Block: 50
WR Catching: 50
RB Ability: 50
Run Blocking: 50
Pass Coverage: 50
Pass Rush: 50
Interceptions: 50
Rush Defense: 50
Tackling: 50
FG Power: 50
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 50
Kickoff Power: 50

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 11-04-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
Rookie

Colts06XLI's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: JeRzeyReign's VaRsity SlideRs

I have a theory with NCAA football. I compare it with Madden since they are very similar. My theory is that the difficulty level, Varsity, All American; etc is a slider multiplier for the human - 2, 1.5, 1 and .5. For instance on the Freshman level the multiplier is 2 for the user. With the human sliders set at 50 and the CPU Sliders always at 50 for all levels, the difficulty on Freshman would be at 100 (50 x 2). This is the same as Madden with the level on Rookie. On Varsity the multiplier would be (1.5 x 50) so the sliders would be at 75, this is similar to Pro on Madden. All American would be (1 X 50) so in actuality Human and CPU would be equal, similar to All Pro on Madden. For Heisman the multiplier is .5 so the human sliders would be .5 X 50 or 25. This would equal the All Madden level settings on Madden.
So, if you are playing on Varsity and the Human sliders are at 25 then with the boost multiplier they are really playing like they are set to 37.5 (25 x 1.5). This is only a theory and I have no proof to support this theory, only similarities between the NCAA and Madden games. I was wondering if this was similar to what you have discovered with NCAA.
I will try these sliders and let you know how they work.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Just rented this game because I just can't get inot Madden. Something about the way Madden plays just doesn't do it for me. This game plays more like the last-gen Maddens which I loved. I started on Varsity and for now find it somewhat fitting for my skill level (I play as WI).

I'll give these a shot. Are these just default Varsity with adjusted penalty settings? I think I'm going to buy this game in the coming days and spend some time with it.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
Rookie

Colts06XLI's Arena

OVR: 3
Wink Re: JeRzeyReign's VaRsity SlideRs

Just played a game with this slider set. Overall it played a little better than what I thought. I was Tennessee at Arkansas, I won 19-13. I use Ask Coach for all play calls, offense and defense. I also don’t switch players. I control a DT on defense and control the QB and HB on offense. The game played well statistically but the CPU didn’t seem to have the killer instinct. Here are some stats from the game.

Total Yds
Tenn: 303 Ark 232

3rd down conversions
Tenn: 50%
Ark:33%

Passing
Tenn: 59% comp. 16/27 190 1 1 (2 drops)
Ark: 55% comp. 10/18 134 1 0 (1 drop)

Rushing
Tenn: Poole 23/94 4.0 ypc/ Lane 6/25 4.1 ypc/ Bartholomew 1/7 7.0 ypc
Ark: Wingo 29/115 3.9 ypc/Johnson 1/-4

Sacks
Tenn: 3
Ark:1
Old 11-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

from what i've seen on varsity level sliders have to connect with each other to equal a value of 0, 25, 50 75, 100

Numbers like QBA 0 + WR Catch 25 + Pass Block 50 determines more of your skill and functions as the actual level

That puts you at 75 total points for passing and really it's no differenet from setting all the sliders at 25 in the passing game category

From my time spent on the sliders this year you can actually get effective and consistent gameplay with the human sliders in every category staying within the 25-50 point range

For example you don't really need RBA at all....aslong as you have an effective run block slider and then counter it with the CPU Tackle slider staying close to it's Default 50 setting you can still get realistic yards.

Before i stopped playing NCAA 12 my belief was from looking at the ratings assigned in the game effective human sliders on Varsity level long haul would total 50 points at the most in each slider category....75 kinda puts you at the next level even though some games will be competive they simply won't hold up long term as 50 total points assigned would

25 total value is what i believe from the ratings would fit perfectly on Fresh level

Take these sliders and then adjust the CPU coaching sliders and you'll get solid gameplay long term in NCAA 12

I would also highly suggest downloading any rosters that make the CPU AI smarter on the field as i truly believe regardless of level edited rosters will render the best possible gameplay you can get HANDS DOWN!

I say this from experience with players edits...there is nothing better than watching a high awareness QB read the defense and make the right throw yet not turn into ROBO QB in the process.

There is nothing like seeing a high awareness QB with low accuracy protect the ball yet still have passes that are too short, too far or too wide of the intended reciever. These are the types of incompletions that you won't see very much with EA's default rosters.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I tried these last night, and they seemed pretty good. I think the passing ratings are too low for my skill, but the only thing that really jumped out at me was that I had 5 roughing the passer penalties called against me.

Thanks for the info!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »