Home

Hey guys, can you test this for me.....

This is a discussion on Hey guys, can you test this for me..... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-19-2011, 02:11 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Hey guys, can you test this for me.....

Regardless what sliders you use. put human pass accuracy at 95 and CPU passing at 5. I honestly think the CPU passing is determined by the human passing. Not sure how much the human slider affects the human, but I swear its affecting the AI.

If I lower the human slider to try to make the human passing harder, it seem to make the AI play pretty bad in the passing game.

Honestly try this and let me know the results. I had the AI tearing me up with sliders set like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Hey guys, can you test this for me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Regardless what sliders you use. put human pass accuracy at 95 and CPU passing at 5. I honestly think the CPU passing is determined by the human passing. Not sure how much the human slider affects the human, but I swear its affecting the AI.

If I lower the human slider to try to make the human passing harder, it seem to make the AI play pretty bad in the passing game.

Honestly try this and let me know the results. I had the AI tearing me up with sliders set like this.

I will give it a shot tonight and let you know.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

I tested this. Here are my settings and results:

AA 15 thresh
Hum: qb acc 95, Passblk 60, cth 45, passcov 5, Pass rush 25

CPU: qb acc 5, pass blk 50, cth 70, pass cov 40, pass rush 100

OSU (me with modified roster)
Qb rated in 90's, low 90's pass attributes.
117 rtg 23/33 186yds 0td 0 int 69 perc

Nebraska
Qb Martinez
194 rtg 5/8 for 86 yds 1 td 62percent before he got hurt

Back-up qb: 3/5 for 55yds 60 percent

Lost 20-3

Felt the passing was good. I set my passing on auto pass. I am going to test this out again tomorrow night. Thanks for the tip.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:11 AM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

All American default.

Human 95 CPU 0

Baylor - Stanford

5 Overtimes

OMG........All I can say is wow. It just wasn't their passing got better, but the AI all across the board got better for BOTH sides. It was like I was playing a totally different game.

1st off

The cpu running backs were using all of their special moves on very consistent basis. They stiff arming, juking, spinning. Not only that but they had a balanced running attack of 2 different running backs splitting the carries. I was shocked. Heck I even had 3 running backs split carries. It was like it was way more fatigue in the game.

Secondly

Andrew Luck distributed the passes evenly. EVery WR, TE, RB, FB had 3 catches, with one of the TEs having 6 catches. This was unbelievable how he evenly distributed the passes.

More

Over all the offensive play calling was much more varied. I don't think they ran the same play more then twice in the 1st half. They used their entire playbook it seemed.

I played against Stanford a lot and I never seen them run so many different types of screens against me. Even more amazing was all of them worked.

Even more

Running out of the shotgun worked 90% of the time for both the CPU and me, without the usual defenders blowing up the play in the backfield. Option runs for Baylor worked for positive yards 95% of the time. This greatly impressed me.

It was as though everybody played to their RATINGS for once. Defenders didn't instantly warp into the backfield on running plays. Playmakers on defense and offense made plays, were as average joes played AVERAGE.

Andrew Luck danced around the pocket. Not that he scrambled or anything because he didn't, but he didn't just stand there in one spot inside the pocket either. He was moving side to side, it reminded me of the CPU QB use to play on the demo.

And since I was playing coach mode, my own QB scrambled a lot, like he suppose to have given the chance. Not only did he scramble, but he scrambled outside of the tackle box as well and not just up the middle.

Truly everybody on both sides of the ball played to their ratings.

Griffin was 15-30 for 167 yards 3 TDs 3 INTS
Luck was 22-34 for 237 yards 6 TDs 2 INTS

It was a surreal feeling. CPU stuck with what was working for them. In the beginning passing wasn't working for Stanford so they pounded the rock a lot more.

Second half passing was clicking for them and they stuck with that more. Defensely they varied their play calling too. They blitz some, they played zone some. But they never did an all out blitz though, which was surprising.

Tackling was better too. It was more wrap tackles then power hits. Momentum seemed to be more of a factor. It wasn't the standard you get hit you instantly drop to the ground.

Another thing I noticed was the amount of YAC yards it was. Stanford was killing with the YAC. Only seen 1 tip pass by a DT. Over all the cpu was working the entire field when they passed. They went deep, middle, short, sideline, middle.

Very good game this was. Normally I would blow out Stanford with Baylor, but this time, the CPU put up one hell of a fight.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:31 AM   #5
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Oh snap something's boiling in the pot. Gonna check this out brb.

Results: I was gonna play at least a quarter, but there was no need to finish it because the results of this finding by Fist are obvious.

HUM-BYU, CPU-UTAH in Provo home of the Cougars.

All American with 0 threshold. I am using a custom version of King's slider set which I find to work best with unedited rosters.

I noticed that passing seemed to be a little bit harder for me and MUCH easier for the CPU. Not only was CPU more accurate, but more importantly, his decision making seemed to get a boost.

Utah's first offensive play from scrimmage was a check down to their RB in the flat. I rarely see the CPU pass to their backs, so this caught my eye (I had called a Cover 2 and everything was covered well downfield). After a few run plays by Utah where it did seem their RB was shiftier than usual and more willing to use special moves as stated by Skillz (need to test more), I saw Jordan Wynn drop back and throw a perfect strike to Donte Christoper over my safety for a 42 yrd TD. It looked like something off of NFL Match-Up. I have never seen the CPU make a throw like this!

After my next drive stalls (CPU pass coverage seems jacked up, but I need to test more) I punt back to Utah and after a few run plays their QB throws a 64yrd bomb to their Flanker in stride for a TD. The thing that caught my eye is the way the WR separated from my CB who was in man coverage. It was an NFL throw I swear. Marino like.

My take on this, two things:

1. Raising the Hum passing slider inexplicably raises the accuracy of the CPU QB and more notably raises the awareness of the QB. This much is clear.

2. EA has a buggy *** game this year. This is crazy why are these sliders so inconsistent?

Nice find Fist you should post this in the general area. More ppl should see this.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 10-20-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 02:00 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
All American default.

Human 95 CPU 0

Baylor - Stanford

5 Overtimes

OMG........All I can say is wow. It just wasn't their passing got better, but the AI all across the board got better for BOTH sides. It was like I was playing a totally different game.

1st off

The cpu running backs were using all of their special moves on very consistent basis. They stiff arming, juking, spinning. Not only that but they had a balanced running attack of 2 different running backs splitting the carries. I was shocked. Heck I even had 3 running backs split carries. It was like it was way more fatigue in the game.

Secondly

Andrew Luck distributed the passes evenly. EVery WR, TE, RB, FB had 3 catches, with one of the TEs having 6 catches. This was unbelievable how he evenly distributed the passes.

More

Over all the offensive play calling was much more varied. I don't think they ran the same play more then twice in the 1st half. They used their entire playbook it seemed.

I played against Stanford a lot and I never seen them run so many different types of screens against me. Even more amazing was all of them worked.

Even more

Running out of the shotgun worked 90% of the time for both the CPU and me, without the usual defenders blowing up the play in the backfield. Option runs for Baylor worked for positive yards 95% of the time. This greatly impressed me.

It was as though everybody played to their RATINGS for once. Defenders didn't instantly warp into the backfield on running plays. Playmakers on defense and offense made plays, were as average joes played AVERAGE.

Andrew Luck danced around the pocket. Not that he scrambled or anything because he didn't, but he didn't just stand there in one spot inside the pocket either. He was moving side to side, it reminded me of the CPU QB use to play on the demo.

And since I was playing coach mode, my own QB scrambled a lot, like he suppose to have given the chance. Not only did he scramble, but he scrambled outside of the tackle box as well and not just up the middle.

Truly everybody on both sides of the ball played to their ratings.

Griffin was 15-30 for 167 yards 3 TDs 3 INTS
Luck was 22-34 for 237 yards 6 TDs 2 INTS

It was a surreal feeling. CPU stuck with what was working for them. In the beginning passing wasn't working for Stanford so they pounded the rock a lot more.

Second half passing was clicking for them and they stuck with that more. Defensely they varied their play calling too. They blitz some, they played zone some. But they never did an all out blitz though, which was surprising.

Tackling was better too. It was more wrap tackles then power hits. Momentum seemed to be more of a factor. It wasn't the standard you get hit you instantly drop to the ground.

Another thing I noticed was the amount of YAC yards it was. Stanford was killing with the YAC. Only seen 1 tip pass by a DT. Over all the cpu was working the entire field when they passed. They went deep, middle, short, sideline, middle.

Very good game this was. Normally I would blow out Stanford with Baylor, but this time, the CPU put up one hell of a fight.
I didn't think I was crazy.......Same thing I was seeing.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:35 AM   #7
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

This is amazing. I'm in the second quarter now and Jordan Wynn is 7/9 for 151 and 2 TDs. I saw the CPU use a touch pass that just sailed out of bounds over the TE's head, but it was the correct throw in that situation. He is playing very smart. I'd hate to see Kellen Moore in action in the hands of the CPU!!

I also saw the CPU RB use two spin moves, so it does seem like the RBs use them more with this setting.

This setting could actually make varsity level playable again. I'm getting murdered on AA 21-0 in my own building! Wow Fist what made you come up with this?
Old 10-20-2011, 03:27 AM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Another game. Kansas St vs Louisville

Playing as coach mode again because that's how I roll, more of a challenge for me. Going into this game I expected 2 things. 1 neither team would be able to run the ball with their crappy OL. And secondly it would be a battle of the QBs.

Now being the talent levels of both teams, I expected Kansas St to win pretty easy. Sure enough I did 45 to 17.

Neither team could run the ball like I expected due to their poor OL. However I did have a lot of succest with the WR reverse and FB dive. Louisville couldn't stop my 255 pound FB, his weight was too much for them.

Passing wise, I had over 400 yards. Louisville's crappy secondary couldn't hang with my Kansas St WR core. And being their DL was crappy too, my QB had a lot of time in the pocket and pretty much just picked their secondary apart like a surgeon.

My DL was about average and got constant pressure on Louisville's QB with just my front 4. That caused him to miss a lot of passes and his subpar WR core dropped a good amount of passes too.

Once again, everybody just played to their ratings. Louisville put up a good fight, tried their best but their talent just couldn't hang. They mixed up their play calling a lot, but hey you can't over come a poor defense and poor OL.

Louisville did manage to return a kickoff for a 97 yard TD against me though, I was shocked on that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »