Home

NCAA 12::(Xbox360 & PS3) 2019-2020 Roster Conversion

This is a discussion on NCAA 12::(Xbox360 & PS3) 2019-2020 Roster Conversion within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-30-2019, 04:48 PM   #9
Rookie

MassChaos's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 12::(Xbox360 & PS3) 2019-2020 Roster Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinbw
Update: I now remember what happened with that discolored menu roster. I accidentally copied and pasted a whole bunch of columns of data into TEAMS data from the middle column "L TB2B to U TRQB" --So the wrong data was shifted one column over. One of these columns of data might be causing dynasty to freeze. Maybe the number values are too high--which might be like the Face Colors needing a recalculation adjustment.

We might just try to use some default ncaa 12 roster data in one or some of these column of player data, instead of from the ncaa 14 data source.

(In Teams File: The columns L thru U are: TB2B,TBCB, TRDB, TFFB,TRLB,TFOB,TDPB,TOPB,TRQB,TRRB.)

If I was to venture to guess: problems may be coming from TDPB and TOPB--they stand for Defensive and Offensive Playbooks. These values are different in default file and the New values from NCAA 13, since playbooks may be using different values in ncaa 13 vs ncaa 12.--So I would change these values to see if it fixes everything.
----------

**I included a default NCAA 12 teams data file here to use to overlap data COLUMN R & S on new file.So if You want to try this now & experiment with it.(just copy Column R&S overlapped the new teams data in current file.
(I may try this later--but only you can tell me if Dynasty mode was fixed with this change.---if it is still not fixed then maybe some other data column has to be changed which is incompatible with values in the NCAA 14 game..(if freeze issues are related to players data, it may be more difficult to find the cause; pgid numbers might have been converted differently on the first discolored roster players data so I could try using that too. But that may cause depth charts needing a complete redo .)

Also if you want to dig deeper, you can find some older Roster files that work and compare the same Team Data columns of data with Default data, just to make sure we made the correct change to the roster data values. Also compare the PGID numbers of all 8000 players to see if we should use that numbering.)
I'll try to give this a look next week, but also just to be clear, the file with the mismatched colors was the one from last year which works online. But yeah I was going to try looking at a default roster and looking for any big differences. I'll let you know if I find anything. If you can edit the file I can test it for sure. It'll take me longer to edit because I barely know what I'm actually doing lol

Last edited by MassChaos; 08-30-2019 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #10
Rookie

MassChaos's Arena

I copied the R and S columns from the default file to the new one and Dynasty still freezes when generating schedule. I'm wondering I'm going to test importing the default Team on one file and the default Player on another. That way we for sure what's causing the issues. I'll report back with my finding in a few.
*Update-It works*

I made 3 files- your file with default player, your file with default teams and default file with your player. The default player file corrupted during the process somehow but both the default file with your player and your file with default teams worked. So it's definitely an issue with the Teams info. I'm not sure if I can help with the that part, but hope this helps you.

Last edited by MassChaos; 09-02-2019 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Update
Old 09-07-2019, 11:28 PM   #11
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassChaos
I copied the R and S columns from the default file to the new one and Dynasty still freezes when generating schedule. I'm wondering I'm going to test importing the default Team on one file and the default Player on another. That way we for sure what's causing the issues. I'll report back with my finding in a few.
*Update-It works*

I made 3 files- your file with default player, your file with default teams and default file with your player. The default player file corrupted during the process somehow but both the default file with your player and your file with default teams worked. So it's definitely an issue with the Teams info. I'm not sure if I can help with the that part, but hope this helps you.

Hey I was getting freezing when it was generating schedule as well. You found a fix for it?
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2019, 07:42 PM   #12
Rookie

MassChaos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushroom
Hey I was getting freezing when it was generating schedule as well. You found a fix for it?
Yeah I can upload the file I'm using tomorrow. It does have some slight rating adjustments I made after week 1. (Very minimal things.) And I reordered depth charts because random players were playing QB on a few teams. You may still want to do this though. It only takes a few minutes. Team rankings aren't updated, as well as Prestige and stuff like that. It seems like some coaches are updated, but I noticed some were still from last year (Louisville had Petrino still for example, I changed him because I saw it but I think there's a few more).
Old 09-09-2019, 08:14 PM   #13
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassChaos
Yeah I can upload the file I'm using tomorrow. It does have some slight rating adjustments I made after week 1. (Very minimal things.) And I reordered depth charts because random players were playing QB on a few teams. You may still want to do this though. It only takes a few minutes. Team rankings aren't updated, as well as Prestige and stuff like that. It seems like some coaches are updated, but I noticed some were still from last year (Louisville had Petrino still for example, I changed him because I saw it but I think there's a few more).
Cool! Looking forward to it.
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 09-26-2019, 08:08 PM   #14
Just started!

OVR: 0

Any updates? I've run into the same issue when attempting to generate schedules on dynasty mode. Thanks a ton for all your work.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:12 PM   #15
MVP

pinbw's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowfleury29
Any updates? I've run into the same issue when attempting to generate schedules on dynasty mode. Thanks a ton for all your work.
I was hoping to get another update for this but just have no time at the moment. I just attempted updating NCAA 13 again. And I know the 2 games have some similarities. So if I was to update this then I would use the NCAA 13 roster and convert it down to NCAA 12. Shaving down 1 player from each team is the hard part about the NCAA 12 conversions since it only uses 68 player roster vs 69 players on NCAA 13 and 14 & and the next difficulty is using a mathematical conversion for player face# values...(so a bit difficult and time consuming right now).
---
Whenever I'm ready to update this again, I need a refresher on how to fix the dynasty freezes-maybe Masschaos can upload his version and I can try to use it as a guide to update. --To Fix this problem in NCAA 12 which MassChaos helped figure out in previous posts.--I don't have time to fix this now due to too many projects and work these next 2 weeks. Maybe by End of October,November, or winter holidays.

Update: (I am hoping to make one more final update in January to use as base moving forward for next 2020-21 season.but no promises since I haven't had enough time this year.)

So I understand what masschaos discovered for fixing dynasty freeze issues:
My roster file + a default teams data file imported should allow dynasty to work ---not sure what was wrong with the updated teams data file. but it may also be contributing to dynasty freezes in ncaa 13.--I will hopefully get to the bottom of this.

Last edited by pinbw; 01-02-2020 at 11:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

It's been awhile since I've been in the NCAA section and to my surprise I found this thread. Glad you took up this challenge again. At one point, I was considering trying it again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »