Home

***DK's (RomanCaesar's) rosters thread***

This is a discussion on ***DK's (RomanCaesar's) rosters thread*** within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: ***DK's (RomanCaesar's) rosters thread***

Thearon Collier 5'9 180 transfered from Miami to USC. I think he should be a Rs Soph, he is redshirting this year and will have two years to play. He is very fast, elusive, and a very good punt and kickoff returner, and a decent reciever. I would turn John Manoogian into Collier. Manoogian is a 4th string qb walkon who will only play if the 3 qb's in front of him get injured.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #58
Banned

For USC Rhett Ellison has been named the starter at TE, Kiffin said he is the only complete TE they have. I think Robert Woods Fresh WR needs a boost. He has been working with the 1's in practice and might start. At least an 80 or 81
Old 08-22-2010, 10:18 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 3

Univ. of Miami notes:

TE Chase Ford is listed as @nd string on their current Rivals depth chart, however he is not in the game. Either change one of the DEs or TE Clive walford into Chase Ford, who coaches are comparing to Jeremy Shockey skill wise.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:09 PM   #60
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPBPD1600
Univ. of Miami notes:

TE Chase Ford is listed as @nd string on their current Rivals depth chart, however he is not in the game. Either change one of the DEs or TE Clive walford into Chase Ford, who coaches are comparing to Jeremy Shockey skill wise.
Ford is in the game. Has been for about a week.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:52 AM   #61
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleEXPERT
You aren't understanding what I am saying.

My qualm has nothing to do with DK's ratings or CK/Carson ratings. It's not about the user edited rosters. It's about the default ratings out the box for the Freshmen/RS-Freshmen/Sophomores (mostly Freshmen). When EA updated the tuner setting to fix progression and incoming recruit rankings, it made normal 4-star computer generated recruits come into your program rated as high as an 81. That means that they would automatically leap frog every 4-star (Sometimes even 5 stars) from your last recruiting class, that actual real life recruits. What I'm suggesting is that we bump up the ratings of all the Freshmen based on star ranking so that this doesn't happen as much.

What I did with the rosters was this...

5-stars - 82-84
4-stars - 78-81
3-stars - 72-77 - 77 is rare; depends on how highly regarded that kid was. There are 3-stars out there that should have been 4-stars but were overlooked by the rankings for whatever reason.

I follow recruiting religiously, and compare Rivals, Scout, ESPN rankings, combined with offers to determine the ranking.

A kid like Seantrel Henderson I made an 84. He was the No.1 player overall in the country for most of the process, and ended up No.2 behind Ronald Powell of UF.
I feel the poster is right but not in all situations, at least based on my research. I am not sure which teams/prestige the poster used for the testing. I did the following:

1) I used a few recruiting classes from 2,3,4,5,6 star teams.

2) I wrote down all the names of those classes.

3) I looked up the overalls of those players.

4) Just to add this in- the average improvement ranged from 1 to 7 ov in one year. The average i would say was in the 3-4 area.

5) Below was a smallish sample of what came up for me in. All were BCS teams

2 star team
3 star players 63-77 was the total range. a total of 17 players
11 of them were between 63-69. five were between 70-74. one was 77

My conclusion- The current 65-70 ish 3 star scale is fine for this level.

3 star team
three star players- 65-70 was the total range. total of 15
15 of them were in the same range. No outliners of note either way.

My Conclusion-Much like the 2 star team- current roster scale is fine.

4 star team
four star players- total range was 69-76. 7 total players. Most were closer to 76 than 69.
three star players- total range was 58-78. 15 total players. Nine were below 70. only two were above 72.

My Conclusion- overall the current scale used seems fine.

5 and 6 star teams
This is where i saw a large jump in overalls for freshman.
5 stars- total range was 79-83. 6 total players.
4 stars- total range was 74-84. 15 total players
3 stars- total range was 68-80. 5 total players. average was closer to 73.

My Conclusion- The highest star teams appear to find the best 4 and 3 star players. BTW i just lumped the 5 and 6 together in this post. The fives were the lower end of the totals i used above. These players were above the scale used on my file and probably everyone else file because EA raise this in the last update. This last group is the one group i agree with the table posted by the poster. I have to assume the poster was testing with 5 or 6 star teams. Possibly also in heavy talent states. In addition, a fair amount of the increase was to awareness. Instead of 40, you see alot of 45-55 now.

What i think should be done is too go back and redo the top 100-150 or so players using closer to the scale provided by the poster. I personally feel it would be a mistake based on this albeit small sample size to raise all 2-3-4 stars on all the teams to these ranges because until you hit the top prestige teams you are below the posters chart.

You guys are welcome to look further into this. Even in a small sample size it really was pretty clear cut that the better prestige team was getting the better 3 or 4 star then the 3 or even 4 star teams. When i did a second recruiting sim with teams of those prestige- i got pretty much the same results.

I'll likely be looking at increasing those top 100-150 players at some point this week.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 08-23-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 02:19 AM   #62
All Star

Update- Aug 22

This is what i was told was done equipment wise-
All the socks have been done for all the OL, QBs, and HBs on the game. Also I completed Equip and socks for Ohio State, Alabama, Boise, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin. I really was surprise to not see more equipment posts since some are so big on it.

What i worked on today was entering the information you posted. I believe everything you posted is in but the Washington #11 switching thing someone asked for. I'll get one of you guys to do that. Also, i have to come up with three players to replace on Toledo.

The post above this i mention raising or checking they are in the right range, the top 150 or so freshman. That is not currently done.

Checkpoint-
Hawaii- Bryant Moniz 200 pounds
Florida State- SS Chad Abrams created.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:35 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramericaindustries
I think I've finally come up with the most comprehensive system for rating QB's by far.

Here it is.

Awareness: PC% + Total TD (Passing & Running) - INT (-1 for every 2 interceptions) - Sacks (1 for every 5 sacks) +/- 10/15 for BCS + Class Adjustments.

Accuracy: PC% + 1/2 PC% - INT (-1 for every 2 interceptions). +/- 5 for BCS.

Class Adjustments: (FR) 1, (RS FR) 2, (SO) 4, (RS SO) 6, (JR) 6, (RS JR) 4, (SR) 2, (RS SR) 1

Examples:

(Seniors)

Case Keenum: 94 Awareness, 93 Accuracy

Jake Locker: 87 Awareness, 87 Accuracy

(Juniors)

Ryan Mallett: 95 Awareness, 86 Accuracy

Kellen Moore: 91 Awareness, 90 Accuracy

(Sophomores)

Andrew Luck: 84 Awareness, 87 Accuracy

Matt Barkley: 81 Awareness, 88 Accuracy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For QB's going into the season as the starter for the first time:

Awareness:

Freshman 70, (RS) 72

Sophomore 74, (RS) 76

Junior 78, (RS) 80

Senior 82, (RS) 84

+1 for every 3 games played in. +1 for every game started. -5 for Non-BCS QB's.

Examples:

John Brantley (RS JR): 84 Awareness (Started 0 games, played in 14)

Zach Collaros (RS JR):: 86 Awareness (Started 4 games, played in 7 others)

Garrett Gilbert (Soph): 77 Awareness (Started 0 games, played in 9)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd really appreciate feedback on this, I'm hoping to implement it into actual rosters.
Do you have to post this here? You already made a thread about this; no need to litter every roster thread with it.

Don't take that the wrong way, either. I'm not being offensive and I appreciate your work on this, but this thread is for corrections that DK needs to make to his set. I think he's earned the right to have a thread exclusively dedicated to HIS roster work.

Again, no offense intended so please don't take it that way.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
Do you have to post this here? You already made a thread about this; no need to litter every roster thread with it.

Don't take that the wrong way, either. I'm not being offensive and I appreciate your work on this, but this thread is for corrections that DK needs to make to his set. I think he's earned the right to have a thread exclusively dedicated to HIS roster work.

Again, no offense intended so please don't take it that way.
None taken, I deleted it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »