Home

Old 07-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Speed Adjustments

In my dynasty we've created a system to adjust speed ratings.
We simply take a known 40 time and what year the player is ...

Clocked Time Class Deduction
4.25 and below = 99 l Freshman - minus 2
4.26 -4.28 = 98 l Freshman(RS) or Soph - minus 1
4.29 - 4.31= 97 l Soph (RS) Junior - no deduction
4.32 - 4.34= 96 l Junior(RS) or Senior - no deduction
every .02 and so on
4.38-4.40= 94
4.50 -4.52=90
4.59-4.61=87
4.68-4.70 = 84
EX.
Jeff Demps Jr. (Fl Gators) clocked at 4.23 and 4.25 = 99 speed ( no argument there )
LaMichael James (Ore Ducks) clocked at a 4.38 = he has a 97 on the game (problem = should be 94 as a Soph (RS) we dont deduct = 94 Speed )
DeMarco Murray (Ok Sooners) clocked @ 4.35 = he has an 82 (WTF = should be 95 speed and as a senior no deductions so 95 speed)

we adjust both ways to be fair - as SPEED heavy as the game is it also SCREWS some true speedsters out there (Murray (OU), R. Williams (VT),T.Taylor (VT), J. Locker (UW))

This system helps to lower and raise speed to be fair.

EA has players like C. Byndom (CB from Tx Longhorns) who is a true freshman, who's fastest time clocked is 4.45 but he has 97 speed ... the entire FSU linebacker squad runs 4.45s should they be in the high 90s too? We just don't think so. C. Byndom's 4.45 would equal a 92 but a 90 as a freshman deducts 2 - training will build his speed to where it needs to be (around 92 or so) but definitely not a 97+.

We also take a deduction for the bigger the athlete is ... like we said FSU, MIAMI, UF all have those 6'4 235+lb linebackers running 4.4s ... so in addition to the class deductions if the player is are over 225 also deduct 2 rating pts. This is to say take a player like Nigel Bradham (FSU LB) who runs a 4.48 from getting a 91 speed and placing that at a 89.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #2
Rookie

ManOfLaMange's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Speed Adjustments

This sounds like a really cool and thoughtful approach to the bane of the NCAA ratings system, but does this take into account the acceleration numbers for this year? For instance, I know Darren Evans ships with 83 speed, which would leave him pretty slow by your chart, but he has 96 acceleration, and when I play with him he doesn't feel like any other NCAA's 83 speed.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfLaMange
This sounds like a really cool and thoughtful approach to the bane of the NCAA ratings system, but does this take into account the acceleration numbers for this year? For instance, I know Darren Evans ships with 83 speed, which would leave him pretty slow by your chart, but he has 96 acceleration, and when I play with him he doesn't feel like any other NCAA's 83 speed.
Well with ACC i feel like they dont do a player a terrible injustice when it comes to their overall performance- i feel like its pretty standard per position. Exception being Tony Gregory whom i know should have a little better than a 72 as a RB ... but as far as Darren Evans ( 4.56 forty - of course he clocked a faster time this year but my cousins (Logan Thomas and Zack McCray) won't respond to me right now to find out but using that 4.56 he translates to a 88 speed which i think is pretty accurate when u put him in a race w/ David and Ryan and hes ACC would accurately describe his explosiveness

Last edited by Tailaw21; 07-15-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I see both arguments, but I have to agree, some guys have been gypped. For instance, there is no way this guy has 72 speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9a_MHlO3xo

Actually, Locker's acceleration isn't that great. I would put him at about 90SPD and 84ACC. 85AGI
Old 07-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

Unfortunately, the game uses letter grades for attributes which makes it harder to know what a player's SPD/ACC would be. I've found that the letter grades do not aquate across every position (don't know if this is good or bad).

AGL also affects the speed of a player as they move.

I wish they would allow us to set the attribute threshold for each position, this would help sooooo much.

Good thought!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 11:19 PM   #6
Rookie

iBalllikelasik's Arena

Yeah, Jake Locker should be 88-90 in my opinion.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:58 AM   #7
Rookie

elliottcarbone's Arena

OVR: 7

smart post... I have been thinking the same thing being I am going to have to overhaul my Miami roster. This is a great way to dictate speed for each player...
NCAA BB: Miami Hurricanes
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

National Champions

1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2001

Old 07-16-2010, 04:13 AM   #8
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah, Murray's speed is absurd...but if you change it to merely 92, he becomes the best player in the game, and he hasn't produced nearly on that level.

I lowered his break tackle to 85 and trucking to 80, but he's still at a 96 rating with the 92 speed....eh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »