Home

Does NCAA Basketball 10 penalize you for winning too much w/ a bad team?

This is a discussion on Does NCAA Basketball 10 penalize you for winning too much w/ a bad team? within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
Does NCAA Basketball 10 penalize you for winning too much w/ a bad team?

I was 25-1 with Pepperdine and predicted to be a 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament despite the fact that ratings wise, we have the worst team in the WCC.

So anyway, my whole team revoles around our SG who takes 40+ 3's/game and average around 35ppg.

We play Santa Clara at home who is 8-19 and I figure it'll be an easy win. I start playing and jacking up the rhythm 3's that we usually blow teams out with but my SG is putting up brick after brick after brick.

He ends up going about 12/46 and we lose the game 80-79 as Santa Clara scores the go ahead basket with 10 seconds to go.

In the past I would have quit the game before it finished but I'm a good sport so I'll take the loss and the huge drop in NCAA Tournament seeding.

Is this normal for the CPU to penalize you for abusing one player by making him have a horrible night like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Does NCAA Basketball 10 penalize you for winning too much w/ a bad team?

No offense mate but where is the fun in quitting a game everytime the computer puts up a fight and you lose? Losing games in the last seconds is often the funnest thing about sports games (to me anyway)....

From my experience I wouldn'y say the computer penalizes you....but if you keep consistenltly going to your SG when he has been shooting poorly, things will only get worse I'm afraid!

Out of interest what difficulty do you play on? You should probably tweak your sliders a little if you are going 25-1 with such a poor team - sort of defeats the object of building a dynasty in my opinion.

Try out my slides if you like (in the sliders section) - they suit a 3pt shooting team but may be a little too easy for you. If you don't want to then I recommend just making your own slider set.

cheers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »