Home

Dynasty updates!

This is a discussion on Dynasty updates! within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-04-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Dynasty updates!

Just wanted to start a thread where we could all share our dynasty stories and such....

After my "clutch" win in my first game against FSU http://www.operationsports.com/K_rob11/blog/ ........ sadly I have been unable to use this game as any kind of momentum losing my next 4 games! So now I sit at 1-4 but I am ok with that. We have had a monster non-conference schedule which included trips to Georgetown, Baylor, and Georgia Tech. We lost a home game to American (very disappointing game, we just played bad) ....

But just like the real life JU Dolphins (0-5), we have been in every game till the end. We played a tough game against Georgetown (86-78)...we just had no answer for their big men. I will definitely need to recruit some bigger bodies!

We also played well against #20 Baylor. We got out to a fast start and we were actually up by 10 with 5 minutes to go....but we ended up losing by 6 . I have to admit that I started celebrating pre-maturely . I should have used my timeouts more wisely to stop the run. We also should have probably slowed the tempo down late in the game which i didn't try to do. This loss was on the coach.

Then last night, we played well against GT, but foul trouble did us in there in the 2nd half. They ended the game on a 12-0 run for and we ended up losing 84-66.

But overall I am happy how we have performed so far against the bigger schools. I think this experience playing against bigger schools will help us in conference play....hopefully. We have two early conference games up next. Our next game is against the #1 rated team in our conference, Belmont. They represented the Atlantic Sun last year in the NCAAs... I'll be going to watch the real JU Dolphins play Belmont tonight as well. Hopefully both of us can get the much needed win.

So far, I am having a blast in my dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
Rookie

bleedcubbieblue25's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Dynasty updates!

Glad to hear you're having a blast with yours.

I just now got around to finding the time to start my Wake Forest dynasty and I opened up by beating UNC-Wilmington 98-61.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Posted this in a different thread, but thought that I'd share it here as well.

I started my dynasty 11-0, breezing through my non-conference schedule for the most part. I was one of only 5 teams left undefeated heading into January.(Villanova, Cincinnati, Georgia, and Oakland) I was ranked #1 in country, sitting on top of the world and was on cloud 9 after destroying rival Kentucky by 27pts.

I was eager to open conference play as I opened up on the road vs South Florida. USF was a team struggling although they had just beaten Syracuse in their home opener. But I felt as though it would be a cakewalk and that I would be undefeated heading into a showdown on Saturday, on the road vs 3rd ranked Villanova.

Well, things don't always go according to plan. USF jumped on me early and often and never looked back. T-Will, Smith, Samuels, and McGee were all in foul trouble the entire game. T-Will, Jennings(3 fouls in 1:30), and Smith all fouled out. I couldn't solve the 1-3-1, missing wide open 3's and missing bunnies. I also shot 4/14 from the foul line.

USF was up by 22 at one point in the second half, but we went on a 12-0 run to make it interesting again. After a 30sec timeout, Stan Heath got his guys re-focused and they quickly pushed the lead back to 20. They would end up winning 71-55, going 2-0 in the Big East and leaving us scratching our heads.

Almost forgot, damn I am loving this game!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #4
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Posted this in a different thread, but thought that I'd share it here as well.

I started my dynasty 11-0, breezing through my non-conference schedule for the most part. I was one of only 5 teams left undefeated heading into January.(Villanova, Cincinnati, Georgia, and Oakland) I was ranked #1 in country, sitting on top of the world and was on cloud 9 after destroying rival Kentucky by 27pts.

I was eager to open conference play as I opened up on the road vs South Florida. USF was a team struggling although they had just beaten Syracuse in their home opener. But I felt as though it would be a cakewalk and that I would be undefeated heading into a showdown on Saturday, on the road vs 3rd ranked Villanova.

Well, things don't always go according to plan. USF jumped on me early and often and never looked back. T-Will, Smith, Samuels, and McGee were all in foul trouble the entire game. T-Will, Jennings(3 fouls in 1:30), and Smith all fouled out. I couldn't solve the 1-3-1, missing wide open 3's and missing bunnies. I also shot 4/14 from the foul line.

USF was up by 22 at one point in the second half, but we went on a 12-0 run to make it interesting again. After a 30sec timeout, Stan Heath got his guys re-focused and they quickly pushed the lead back to 20. They would end up winning 71-55, going 2-0 in the Big East and leaving us scratching our heads.

Almost forgot, damn I am loving this game!
yeah countryboy, I just saw your thread right after i created this one (i didn't realize you already started a dynasty thread)....

but man, yeah, that is a tough loss you took. Going through the Big East is going to be tough (just like in real life!). Glad you are seeing challenges in your dynasty. I definitely have mine. For JU, because of the conference we're in, everything comes down to winning the Atlantic Sun tourny. That's the only way us A-Sun teams are going to make it into the Big Dance this year.

It seems like you are in for a fight in the Big East. Isn't USF one of the, if not THE lowest rated schools in that conference? The Cards better get their act together quick! I suppose this was definitely a wake up call for your squad!
Old 12-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
yeah countryboy, I just saw your thread right after i created this one (i didn't realize you already started a dynasty thread)....

but man, yeah, that is a tough loss you took. Going through the Big East is going to be tough (just like in real life!). Glad you are seeing challenges in your dynasty. I definitely have mine. For JU, because of the conference we're in, everything comes down to winning the Atlantic Sun tourny. That's the only way us A-Sun teams are going to make it into the Big Dance this year.

It seems like you are in for a fight in the Big East. Isn't USF one of the, if not THE lowest rated schools in that conference? The Cards better get their act together quick! I suppose this was definitely a wake up call for your squad!
my thread was about upsets so I don't see these two really clashing. If a mod feels differently, then please close my thread as this one covers both bases.

Yeah, USF was supposed to be the "guaranteed win" but that didn't happen. Thats ok, tonight I'll bounce back against a 13-0, 3rd ranked, Villanova squad. At least I hope so. Starting the BE conference season 0-2 will be a tough hole to climb out of.

And I am looking forward to USF coming to Freedom Hall in a couple of weeks. Revenge will be delivered.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #6
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

In my Texas dynasty, I'm undefeated but barely beat #5 Nova 64-60.
Want to follow my Franchises? Join my discord: https://discord.gg/nHbNCWmmGs
Old 12-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
In my Texas dynasty, I'm undefeated but barely beat #5 Nova 64-60.
got any tips

Old 12-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #8

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
got any tips
I think his name is A.J. Abrams lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »