Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Patch Available For PS3, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Patch Available For PS3, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #81
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Patch Available For PS3, Impressions Here

the game plays alot better post patch...i have noticed in my dynasty ,more fouls..more timeouts by the opposing team and much tighter play....makes a great game even better...very happy with this game right now..thanks EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #82
Rookie

bases1616's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
I hate post like this! There will be no College Hoops 2k10 or anymore College Hoops period! And no it isn't because of the exclusive license....remember EA has a license now!!

But because Take-Two pulled the plug on the series PERIOD!!!!

Had nothing to do with EA!! Take-Two and 2ksports themselves decided to canceled the series. There is no more College Hoops basketball.

I wish people would stop bringing it up, its getting freak'n OLD!!!!

If people loved the series so damn much it would have sold better!

Series is dead! We have NCAA series now, which for the 1st attempt isn't bad at all.
Everyone has a choice to voice there opinion if you do not like it then ignore the post. Also, EA and 2K sports have not made barely any money on the college basketball series period. March Madness for EA was garbage and the 2K series at least was close to the college experience a lot more then MM.

I am glad to see EA finally make a decent effort towards there basketball series not just in college hoops, but finally in pro hoops as well. 2K cancelled there college hoops game because the CLC wanted too much money for the college basketball license. For a game that is really not profitable anyway it was a business decision for 2K not to waste there time. EA on the other hand has plenty of money to piss away and they are determined to have the sole licenses for all sports.

The MLB, NFL, and CLC are all stupid for letting companies like EA and 2K have the only chance to make a licensed sport game every year for a particular sport. As you can see it let's EA put out games like Madden that are like updates every year and 2K who have put out sub par baseball games.

Bottom line until the Pro and NCAA leagues decide to stop letting companies have a pissing contest when it comes to throwing money at them, then we are going to keep getting games that are below there potential. Let the companies compete and offer better games every year instead of us the consumer having to be stuck with one choice because of the monopoly.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:27 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 10
Can anyone tell me how the Selection Show is presented?Does Bryant Gumble do it like he did it in the previous years game?
Old 11-28-2008, 12:49 AM   #84
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles1291
Can anyone tell me how the Selection Show is presented?Does Bryant Gumble do it like he did it in the previous years game?
NO!!!! That was the other game only.

this Game has a nice Selection show but no commentary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bases1616
Everyone has a choice to voice there opinion if you do not like it then ignore the post. Also, EA and 2K sports have not made barely any money on the college basketball series period. March Madness for EA was garbage and the 2K series at least was close to the college experience a lot more then MM.

I am glad to see EA finally make a decent effort towards there basketball series not just in college hoops, but finally in pro hoops as well. 2K cancelled there college hoops game because the CLC wanted too much money for the college basketball license. For a game that is really not profitable anyway it was a business decision for 2K not to waste there time. EA on the other hand has plenty of money to piss away and they are determined to have the sole licenses for all sports.

The MLB, NFL, and CLC are all stupid for letting companies like EA and 2K have the only chance to make a licensed sport game every year for a particular sport. As you can see it let's EA put out games like Madden that are like updates every year and 2K who have put out sub par baseball games.

Bottom line until the Pro and NCAA leagues decide to stop letting companies have a pissing contest when it comes to throwing money at them, then we are going to keep getting games that are below there potential. Let the companies compete and offer better games every year instead of us the consumer having to be stuck with one choice because of the monopoly.
Agreed that EA spent the money and took the risk! Problem is Take-Two didn't and they are the death of 2ksports. I guess I'm the only one that got the b...s to say it! Take-Two has money, but they would rather spend their efforts on GTA and Rockstar than to support the efforts at Visual Concepts and the Take-Two camp!

I wish people would get over this 2k love fest. They screwed us! And I'm pissed at Take-Two not EA! I hate that fans keep 2ksports on this high horse even they are screwing us over! I know people hate EA for whatever reason, because in the past I've hated them with a passion! But at some point I had to grow up and understand what is business and not take so much personal.

2ksports and Take-Two screwed up the College Hoops series. Fact of the matter is, series is gone! End of story! People that want to put up your hopes for another series. Write take two and donation some millions.

Otherwise this is a EA Sports NCAA Basketball Thread on the patch!

Back on Topic: still waiting on the 360 patch! If it's just as good as the Live 09 patch. This game will play even better! Can't wait til tomorrow and the weekend for Microsoft's bighead's to add it to marketplace or to the servers.

Last edited by Behindshadows; 11-28-2008 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:20 AM   #85
Rookie

AC006299's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx
AC,
Here you go:

@ Weber St
@ Pitt
@ Wright St
@ Xavier
@ Temple
Northwestern St
UW-Milwaukee
Valpo
@ West Virginia
@ Northwestern St
@ Dayton

Those are all the non-conference games for Miami(OH).
Thanks!

Its only missing the UCLA game (which we almost won) but they couldnt anticipate that game so...i officially love this game...GO REDHAWKS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2008, 03:40 PM   #86
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

For an impressions thread there seems to be NO impressions.

I just wanted to know how well it plays vs. Live. Yes, I know they are using the same engine but, other than that they are two different games.

What's different about the game pre vs post patch? Not just schedules.

Let's get this thread back on track.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 11-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #87
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
For an impressions thread there seems to be NO impressions.

I just wanted to know how well it plays vs. Live. Yes, I know they are using the same engine but, other than that they are two different games.

What's different about the game pre vs post patch? Not just schedules.

Let's get this thread back on track.
I can't speak in terms of how it plays vs Live because I don't have Live and have only played the demo.

As for what is different pre and post patch on the floor, the only thing that stands out to me is the full court presses. Pre-patch my guys would trap no matter what, whether it was warranted or not and in the oddest of places. Now they trap as they should and don't trap just for the sake of trapping.

There was some improvement to the post up game, but I haven't been able to tell what exactly was fixed/tweaked or whatnot. Maybe I've seen it but its so subtle that I don't notice it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-28-2008, 05:29 PM   #88
Rookie

bases1616's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
NO!!!! That was the other game only.

this Game has a nice Selection show but no commentary.

Agreed that EA spent the money and took the risk! Problem is Take-Two didn't and they are the death of 2ksports. I guess I'm the only one that got the b...s to say it! Take-Two has money, but they would rather spend their efforts on GTA and Rockstar than to support the efforts at Visual Concepts and the Take-Two camp!

I wish people would get over this 2k love fest. They screwed us! And I'm pissed at Take-Two not EA! I hate that fans keep 2ksports on this high horse even they are screwing us over! I know people hate EA for whatever reason, because in the past I've hated them with a passion! But at some point I had to grow up and understand what is business and not take so much personal.

2ksports and Take-Two screwed up the College Hoops series. Fact of the matter is, series is gone! End of story! People that want to put up your hopes for another series. Write take two and donation some millions.

Otherwise this is a EA Sports NCAA Basketball Thread on the patch!

Back on Topic: still waiting on the 360 patch! If it's just as good as the Live 09 patch. This game will play even better! Can't wait til tomorrow and the weekend for Microsoft's bighead's to add it to marketplace or to the servers.
Good points and I feel your pain. I am still waiting to pick up NCAA 09 for the PS3. Gamestop has not received any used copies of the game in my area yet. I am hoping sometime this week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »