Home

Interest in a PLAYER LOCK & Play ANY TEAM patch?

This is a discussion on Interest in a PLAYER LOCK & Play ANY TEAM patch? within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Lightbulb Interest in a PLAYER LOCK & Play ANY TEAM patch?

Just curious and I dont think Im alone in thinking this way. But is anyone else besides me dissappointed that NCAA 09 is missing these 2 features:

Player Position Lock

Play any matchup during Dynasty Mode

To me these are 2 major let downs for me since I like to play as one positional player on the court throughout a game so my overall skill/or lack thereof doesnt become the overall dominant factor in the outcome of a game. It also allows the CPU player attributes of the team have a greater impact on the flow and results of the game.

Also, I absolutely LOVED the fact that in College Hoops 2K8, I could play any Dynasty matchup on the schedule or during the post season tournaments! it added a much needed variety to playing with the same team day in and out. Plus it let you enjoy being part of a special big time key matchup!

I'm hoping that with enough positive feedback in this post, we could ask EA to consider adding these 2 great features into a patch or special download. And I only ask this taking into consideration that I dont see this request as a huge code rewrite or change

I'm really hoping Im not the only one that would be really excited for this to be added.
As it is now...its a huge bummer that I cannot enjoy these 2 features and I might even consider taking the game back for a refund and dealing with CH2K8 to be able to do this...i'd rather not tho, because NCAA can be fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #2
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Interest in a PLAYER LOCK & Play ANY TEAM patch?

I'm with you all of the way on 'Playing any match in dynasty'...I'm a big crusader for this in all games and it's the question I always ask prior to a game's release..it's that important to me...being from the cpu v cpu fraternity it is one of the most important features for me..it allows for so much more immersion into the game having the ability to play any game - especially at tournament time, as you can watch any game, as it stands once you're knocked out we're just told who has won, it would be nice to watch all of these other games - it being missing from NCAA 09 is a major disappointment...it would be great if EA could patch this for 09 - I guess it would have to be in a second patch if a patch is due for release around Dec 4 given certification etc....I do know they are aware of this and have said it will be a priority for 2010, but could it make a patch for 09 - please?
Old 11-20-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17

Yes that is exactly why I like to be able to VIEW or PLAY any Dynasty game I choose...its all for the immersion of your dynasty. I love the ability to zoom into and participate on random matchups throughout the season and almost play out all of the Tourney games when it gets down to the elite 8 and final four!

Its so much fun to be able to be part of that experience and brings your dynasty alive and makes you feel that YOUR TEAM is not just the only team that exists in this whole virtual universe.

One thing that I have been doing in CH2K8 that has been tremendous fun to balance out the random CPU games I play, is to control 1 team for 1 half and then take ove the other team during the 2nd half. It gives a whole new perspective of the experience and makes it enjoyable.

Also this is kind of the reason I also play with PLAYER LOCK for most of my games. I dont actually want too much of my video game playing abilities dictate the flow of the game. I want the actual team's play style and individual CPU player ratings to dictate most of the outcome while I still am participating and contributing to the overall TEAM
Old 11-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
Just curious and I dont think Im alone in thinking this way. But is anyone else besides me dissappointed that NCAA 09 is missing these 2 features:
Yes, the additional 200 people who have started threads about this in addition to you.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #5
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

The ability to play any game always used to be a staple feature of EA's games until we moved to next gen consoles...for some reason they decided to take it out of some of the games - yet Madden and NCAA Football allows you to do this.

Totally agree about the immersion factor. I like to be my own TV director and pick the games I would want to watch...for instance I can always watch the big Duke/UNC games even if they're not my selected team..in NCAA 09 we can't and that is a big minus. As you say tourney time is a massive let down because of this..irl if you got knocked out you'd still watch the rest of the tourney to see who won..much better that way than be just told who has won.

It's all about immersion for me and getting lost in my own dynasty world..having the option to play/watch any game from any side's schedule is massively important for this..the way 09 is it's like never being able to watch any game on tv or a highlights show irl unless your team is covered...that just doesn't happen irl, so it's got to be 'in the game'....I'd be eternally grateful to EA if they could patch this in for 09....it shouldn't be too big a feature to do, but there again we don't know the codebase and how this may have a knock on effect with things but it would be great if EA could do this rather than wait another year....Sean (JabStep) any thoughts on this please?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2008, 06:56 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I could honestly careless about either of these features.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #7
R**k**

OVR: 3

I am also interested in both of these features.

The play as any team in dynasty mode is a nice feature in NCAA football. Sometimes you want a pure 1 team dynasty - which is available as well - but sometimes when your team gets to the Gator Bowl and you want to play the BCS championship game it is nice to have that option.

As for the player lock - anyone who has played NHL 09 knows how great this feature can be. I never used player lock in the NHL series until this year and it just changed the game. I have played over 100 NHL games - more than the last 5 years combined - and still look forward to playing. And i am not even a big hockey fan.

But the bottom line - especially with the player lock - is to do it right. While I like this game and am one of the few people who enjoyed March Madness the last few years - one of the problems with this series is that your AI teammates are not always that aware of the ball and are not exactly great at team defense. So maybe that might be a feature that truly is a year away from implementation.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:52 PM   #8
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

A lack of Player lock is a major bummer for me....
No reason it shouldn't be an option IMO. For me: I usually create myself and just want to play as "me" to see how I do during the career. It's just another way I like to and prefer to play. I seriously hate controlling everyone.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »