Home

NBA Live 20 Delayed Until Late 2019 as Team Plans a Different Approach

This is a discussion on NBA Live 20 Delayed Until Late 2019 as Team Plans a Different Approach within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-30-2019, 05:18 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA Live 20 Delayed Until Late 2019 as Team Plans a Different Approach

It's official. NBA Live 20 has been delayed. The writing was on the wall a couple of...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 05:48 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NBA Live 20 Delayed Until Late 2019 as Team Plans a Different Approach

I was looking forward to playing it at release. But this isn't surprising. The roster update was the nail in the coffin. No way they were going to wait this late start marketing the game.
I can see a November or December release. Hopefully they can figure out what they need too. But this has to affect next year. With the game being delay, it cuts into next year's development. So I can definitely see them putting focus into next gen if they decide to continue
Old 07-30-2019, 06:10 PM   #3
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
I don't mind them taking more time to make this game better. I thought they were heading in the right direction. NBA Live 19 was a solid basketball game imo. It was fun to play and had some innovative features and gameplay.
I agree with illwill, i can see them putting focus into next gen since we are about 2 years from the next gen consoles.*
Old 07-30-2019, 06:15 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
I don't mind them taking more time to make this game better. I thought they were heading in the right direction. NBA Live 19 was a solid basketball game imo. It was fun to play and had some innovative features and gameplay.
I agree with illwill, i can see them putting focus into next gen since we are about 2 years from the next gen consoles.*
*16-17 months from next gen consoles.

That brings up the question whether Live tries to release at next gen launch like the other sports games, or wait until following year. We can pretty much pencil in the other major sports games to release next gen version at or shortly after launch next year. But I'm not sure about Live
Old 07-30-2019, 06:20 PM   #5
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Wow...this could either be a good thing or a bad thing ...just have to wait and see

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 06:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5
Saw this coming after the updated the rosters on 19
Old 07-30-2019, 06:35 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I was looking forward to playing it at release. But this isn't surprising. The roster update was the nail in the coffin. No way they were going to wait this late start marketing the game.
I can see a November or December release. Hopefully they can figure out what they need too. But this has to affect next year. With the game being delay, it cuts into next year's development. So I can definitely see them putting focus into next gen if they decide to continue

At least they announced a plan

I might also disagree with the cuts into development because they might be going full in w next Gen and gonna mail in some slightly updated "different approach" game, so basically the opposite of what you said. But id still play it. It does kinda suck to wait but we'll see when it actually drops.

-Smak
Old 07-30-2019, 06:37 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Maybe at this point they should just simple do 20 and then focus on 21 for next gen and not even do a 21 on ps4 and xbox one. Interesting that this is happing though and yeah does suck but at least we got some kind of news. Hopefully we will get updates over the next few weeks and month or so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »