Home

A week later or so, you glad you bought it?

This is a discussion on A week later or so, you glad you bought it? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2018, 05:06 PM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Are you glad you bought NBA Live 19 now that you've had it a while?

Quirks aside, no regrets for me. The one is really fun

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GisherJohn24; 09-27-2018 at 09:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2018, 05:11 PM   #2
Rookie

hoopheid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A week later or so, you glad you bought it?

No regrets. The most fun I’ve had with a basketball game since 2K14. I’ve been trying to drag myself away from ‘The One’ to play Court Battles and Play Now but I’m hooked on that mode. Also want to start Franchise but there just aren’t enough hours in the day. I can’t afford to devote entire days to gaming anymore but I really wish I could with this one.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Well it’s harder for me because I had to choose this at full price or 2k at full price and i went with this.

I’m not regretting my purchase.

There IS enough game in here to keep me hooked for a few months.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:42 PM   #4
Rookie

Most fun I’ve had with an NBA game since Live 2010!
Old 09-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #5
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

Finally had a day off, I've been messing with it quite alot.
So many things to do, master of none lol.

The One is good. (WWAAAAAAAY Better without randoms, so if any of you wanna add me on PSN, my screenname is in the sig...lol). Didnt have much time with the demo, but I got my Stretch Dirk-like PF up 4 pts since the full game released Fri. I play man D, box out, screen, look to make the pass, workin on gettin a nasty mid range J, think my rating is up to an 80? now

Just finished a round of LUT bought me a Jalen Rose and Kurt Rambis after I ran the first set of challenges.

Dabbled a bit in Court Battles, like it, what happens if you lose defending your court?

Streets World Tour, also keeps me entertained.

I haven't even gotten to Franchise, and i know its pretty bland, but as long as it keeps track of wins and losses and my stats, im good. Dont get me wrong I would kill for a real nba franchise mode, but theres already several things I can't focus on in 19 and I think thats awesome because 18 had me playing all year, and 19 has more to do?

Most importantly the gameplay is very solid.

I have a fair number of games on my shelf collecting dust, Live will not be one of them lol.

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2018, 08:27 PM   #6
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

Having fun and currently at level 15 superstar hype. Can’t turn it off.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:35 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

No regrets. I have some problems with it though.

I'm disappointed it seems fewer people on it. 5v5 live run is hard to fill, but when we did it was really fun. Everyone talks about the one being some great mode and the streets is fun, I like recruiting players and all but it's way too easy, like joke easy. The league is a challenge on superstar, enough that I would play a franchise just to have fun with the game play but I wanna get my three "the ones" up first.

Its easier to grind out traits in streets but I actually enjoy competing with the cpu in league. Esp on superstar. All star is hit or miss. Eventually I need to unlock some players cuz I wanna try court battles.

Nobody else got it, or if they did they aren't on it. The only guy I play with was a guy I knew on live 09 and re met last yr. So that's also kind of lame, but the game itself, I feel like it's mad underrated. It needs to keep growing but the foundation is great and it's way better than last year. That's what I don't get. Maybe it'll go on sale but it's like dudes this game... You all picked it up last year, why didn't you get it for 40 this year when it's so much better? Maybe they're all trying to get a head start on 2k.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 09-09-2018 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:14 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
No regrets. I have some problems with it though.

I'm disappointed it seems fewer people on it. 5v5 live run is hard to fill, but when we did it was really fun. Everyone talks about the one being some great mode and the streets is fun, I like recruiting players and all but it's way too easy, like joke easy. The league is a challenge on superstar, enough that I would play a franchise just to have fun with the game play but I wanna get my three "the ones" up first.

Its easier to grind out traits in streets but I actually enjoy competing with the cpu in league. Esp on superstar. All star is hit or miss. Eventually I need to unlock some players cuz I wanna try court battles.

Nobody else got it, or if they did they aren't on it. The only guy I play with was a guy I knew on live 09 and re met last yr. So that's also kind of lame, but the game itself, I feel like it's mad underrated. It needs to keep growing but the foundation is great and it's way better than last year. That's what I don't get. Maybe it'll go on sale but it's like dudes this game... You all picked it up last year, why didn't you get it for 40 this year when it's so much better? Maybe they're all trying to get a head start on 2k.

-Smak
That just shows you how little copies they've sold :-( Hopefully they pick it up and start adding the features everyone is requesting. No one is going to buy this game en masse until then.

Unless they magically start adding all missing features this year in 19, it's going to be another bum year in Live land.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by dasunsrule32; 09-09-2018 at 09:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »