Home

Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #65
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU389
I've been hesitant to touch anything outside of "The One" related because I wasn't all that impressed with the NBA 5v5 in the demo. But generally, I'm really impressed with everything One mode related.

Would say my main knock on it is that when you get the ball, the CPU kind of defaults to an isolation offense for you. Pass the ball away and they start making way more off the ball movement, setting screens for each other, cutting to the goal, etc.

Streets mode is a decent grind for unlocking things. Court Battles is a bit iffy because the AI doesn't always seem to play to their courts strength. Ex. one Court Rules set gives a team 5 points for a dunk, everything else is 1 point. You can just leave their shooters open all day for threes attempts and end up running them off the court.

Live Run is hit or miss. Works really well when you put in the effort to play as a team, but there's sometimes too much hero ball or players flat out refusing to guard their assignments.

Can we player lock in court battles?

How many character saves can we have?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2018, 12:02 PM   #66
Rookie

chrislive1994's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Impressions after a few games. 10 hour trial. Xbox One version.

- Player models are off. Body types need a lot of work, and some of the players look nothing like what they do in real.
- Noticed some questionable calls from the cpu on substitutions. Quick subs after only one play for example.
- CPU PG would drop the ball just before hitting center court. No defender on them.
- Didn't see any additions or improvements in Franchise mode. Looks to be the same as NBA Live 18, with an updated interface/menus. Very bare and weak news around the league and my team menu. I find myself skipping this part in franchise mode and going to my next game. I was hoping for improvements on this part of the game, so this is disappointing.
- top 3 replays of the game are not correct at times. I've seen some nasty dunks that should have been rated #1.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:13 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerdBrown

Don’t believe so. Some of the rule sets would be a pain to play on player lock. Your player still gets XP based on his stats.

And five slots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2018, 12:13 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerdBrown

Don’t believe so. Some of the rule sets would be a pain to play on player lock. Your player still gets XP based on his stats.

And five slots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2018, 05:17 PM   #69
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Dang, the more I play this game the more I appreciate how good it really is.

if you've been playing 2K for years I can see how you might find some issues with it that concern you..

but as far as the overall game package... wow what an improvement. to me this is much more fun than 2K and I've been playing it since the Dreamcast days.

This game gives me a serious NBA Live 95 vibe. The natural player motion is really understated in some of these reviews in my opinion, it is so smooth especially having now played the prelude for this year. I think this game just stands out above it. I think they each have their own place and I can see why you would choose one of the other but the packaging of an NBA game and fun controls, details, interaction, shooting, animation it has everything I could ask for.

it's just damn fun to play and it feels like I was just at an NBA game when I'm done not at a coaching Clinic. I can see how a coaching Clinic atmosphere (and deeper Franchise Mode) might be more interesting to some people but for me I just want to fire up the game and play for a couple hours and enjoy my basketball and feel like I was using the avatars of the real players in my game.

add to that the court battles in which you can use your created player from the one and the rise I really see this game holding my attention this year.

I played 18 and 2K and Live 18 last year and went back and forth gave up on live L18 for the most part but this game has rekindled my interest.

the team has done an amazing job here in my opinion in the total package that they brought this year it really needs to be appreciated.

and to do so I don't think you can play it for 20 minutes or an hour or just play the demo you have to play the full game for several hours. go into one-on-one and practice court and really get the feel for all the control that you have now. the motion still astounds me honestly I think the graphics are the best in the basketball game I've ever seen and I'm a graphics ho from way back.

Good job to the development team here going to enjoy this one
I'll probably grab the other game too in 6 months when it goes on sale for 40.

Last edited by Klocker; 09-01-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:49 PM   #70
Pro

Can anyone tell me if they added the ability to add and remove under shirts for players in roster editing ?
Old 09-01-2018, 05:53 PM   #71
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
Dang, the more I play this game the more I appreciate how good it really is.

if you've been playing 2K for years I can see how you might find some issues with it that concern you..

but as far as the overall game package... wow what an improvement. to me this is much more fun than 2K and I've been playing it since the Dreamcast days.

This game gives me a serious NBA Live 95 vibe. The natural player motion is really understated in some of these reviews in my opinion, it is so smooth especially having now played the prelude for this year. I think this game just stands out above it. I think they each have their own place and I can see why you would choose one of the other but the packaging of an NBA game and fun controls, details, interaction, shooting, animation it has everything I could ask for.

it's just damn fun to play and it feels like I was just at an NBA game when I'm done not at a coaching Clinic. I can see how a coaching Clinic atmosphere (and deeper Franchise Mode) might be more interesting to some people but for me I just want to fire up the game and play for a couple hours and enjoy my basketball and feel like I was using the avatars of the real players in my game.

add to that the court battles in which you can use your created player from the one and the rise I really see this game holding my attention this year.

I played 18 and 2K and Live 18 last year and went back and forth gave up on live L18 for the most part but this game has rekindled my interest.

the team has done an amazing job here in my opinion in the total package that they brought this year it really needs to be appreciated.

and to do so I don't think you can play it for 20 minutes or an hour or just play the demo you have to play the full game for several hours. go into one-on-one and practice court and really get the feel for all the control that you have now. the motion still astounds me honestly I think the graphics are the best in the basketball game I've ever seen and I'm a graphics ho from way back.

Good job to the development team here going to enjoy this one
I'll probably grab the other game too in 6 months when it goes on sale for 40.
Did you figure out how to get a franchise to load? Mine freezes regardless of if I use a created roster or default roster. I just started my third EA access account and I want to get going on franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2018, 06:15 PM   #72
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Did you figure out how to get a franchise to load? Mine freezes regardless of if I use a created roster or default roster. I just started my third EA access account and I want to get going on franchise.
yes mine now loads with a default roster.

I have two separate team franchise saves and have loaded both multiple times. sorry you're still having trouble. i have not yet tried an edited roster again since default works.

i have two external HDD and I tried moving my Live install from one to the other and it still did not work until I went to default and did a few things below....

few things to try.... do a hard reboot by holding xbox console white button down for ten seconds (not on controller) , and or unplugging xbox for 3 minutes.

Also... delete all franchise saves from your game then try deleting your console Live save from xbox under Games, NBA Live, manage game and add ons, and scroll down to saves, delete your saves. (assuming you are online) and it will resync your game save. or delete the cloud game saves too if you don't care.

lastly, a bit more hardcore, delete your xbox live profile from your xbox and (NOT your games or info when it asks!) and sign in again and it will dl your live profile from cloud

good luck

hopefully something will fix it

edit... oh wait you said it didn't work on your second profile either, yea my second profile works as well on default. so delting profile may be waste of time

also maybe double check under rosters that default is loaded. Mine failed a few times until I realized I still had an edited roster live.

Last edited by Klocker; 09-01-2018 at 06:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »