Home

Is NBA Live 18 really lacking the amount of Jerseys in the game or do I have to unloc

This is a discussion on Is NBA Live 18 really lacking the amount of Jerseys in the game or do I have to unloc within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-18-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
Is NBA Live 18 really lacking the amount of Jerseys in the game or do I have to unloc

Is NBA Live 18 really lacking the amount of Jerseys in the game or do I have to unlock them somehow? Only play Franchise mode.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 09:47 PM   #2
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is NBA Live 18 really lacking the amount of Jerseys in the game or do I have to u

Yup. Lacking. Only the official jerseys that teams wore during the 17/18 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

On the Xbox - TecmoZack82
Old 06-19-2018, 06:10 PM   #3
Rookie

bigdnlaca's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is NBA Live 18 really lacking the amount of Jerseys in the game or do I have to u

This have been discussed before. My theory is that nba 2k has rights to Mitchell & Ness jerseys and Nike can only include classic Nike jerseys they created throughout the year or when they were creating jerseys for certain teams many years ago.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:09 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

The lack of jerseys was one of the worst parts of live 18 for me. I got so tired of wearing the mavs generic white and blue uniforms.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:05 PM   #5
Rookie

pies's Arena

OVR: 1

there are some you have to unlock, playing the pro Am tour.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2018, 08:30 AM   #6
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdnlaca
This have been discussed before. My theory is that nba 2k has rights to Mitchell & Ness jerseys and Nike can only include classic Nike jerseys they created throughout the year or when they were creating jerseys for certain teams many years ago.
This statement may be incorrect and the only reason I say that is in The One mode you can unlock a large variety of throwback player jerseys for your created player. 2 versions of AI, Vince Carter Rookie Raptor jersey, Kemp and Payton Sonics jerseys and many many more.

These jerseys are only for use in pro am or street games with your created player though. So EA has the rights to use throwback Jerseys they just don't have them for play now, franchise or LUT. Last year they had throwback Jerseys in LUT but I think the NBA jersey deal with Nike had something more to do with them not being in all play modes. More so than your theory about a 2k exclusive Mitchell Ness deal which I see as highly unlikely since the throwback Jerseys are technically property of the NBA and Mitchell Ness gets the licensing to create jerseys from the NBA.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:05 AM   #7
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

And considering if you break out Live 10 that had more jerseys than 18 is a telling tale! That should not be! Let's hope they are generous on 19!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »