Home

Green shot release bad for Live

This is a discussion on Green shot release bad for Live within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Remove 100% make on Green Shot?
Yes. Make ratings matter 5 41.67%
No. Want 100% success 7 58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2017, 06:54 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Green shot release bad for Live

This green shot release, at least in the demo, has gotten way too easy. No way should it be an automatic make. I've got my timing down pretty good with it and I'm just a casual basketball gamer. On all star I just made 15-20 on 3 pointers with the slider at 40. But the slider doesn't really affect the green shots. I tried one game at superstar and made 5 greens in the first quarter. If this isn't better in retail or fixed I am really going to regret my pre order. It's scaring me. I want it harder and more ratings based. I'd rather the auto make disappear.

Also, the sliders need to be in 1 or 5 point increments instead of 10. I've got the CPU 3 point shooting at 60 for this game and I find overall they are bad at 60. But at 70 it's a bit too easy for them although with my hitting the greens maybe I should put it at 100 lol.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 07:43 AM   #2
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Green shot release bad for Live

You can switch to ratings only in the full game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-14-2017, 07:49 AM   #3
Rookie

^ What he said
Old 09-14-2017, 08:08 AM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
You can switch to ratings only in the full game.
I don't want full ratings. I want ratings + skill and I want it like Live 16 had it. As a video game I like having control of the outcome to a degree. I like the challenge of trying to hit green and I obviously think Green should give you the best chance to make the basket. But in no way do I think green should be 100% automatic makes.

Maybe they should make it so that green isn't automatic on the higher difficulty levels like Superstar and above. I would try to adjust sliders to survive on Superstar if they did.

But the green meter is way too easy to hit when you have the skill option enabled on shots imo (at least in the demo).
Old 09-14-2017, 08:32 AM   #5
Rookie

It is a little bit easier than 16 but you can't green if you are contested. They should fix that first..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 08:34 AM   #6
Banned

MLBNFLNBALGS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't want full ratings. I want ratings + skill and I want it like Live 16 had it. As a video game I like having control of the outcome to a degree. I like the challenge of trying to hit green and I obviously think Green should give you the best chance to make the basket. But in no way do I think green should be 100% automatic makes.

Maybe they should make it so that green isn't automatic on the higher difficulty levels like Superstar and above. I would try to adjust sliders to survive on Superstar if they did.

But the green meter is way too easy to hit when you have the skill option enabled on shots imo (at least in the demo).
SMH... Try playing without the meter!! That's when you'll know if you can hang with the big boys... I've never used the meter online and I'm still ranked top 50... It's a shame where this greenlight/meter is going though! Almost embarrassed to be apart of this new age of basketball gaming with the stuff that's being taken serious...

Last edited by MLBNFLNBALGS; 09-14-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:46 AM   #7
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Enforcer
It is a little bit easier than 16 but you can't green if you are contested. They should fix that first..
What is your definition of contested, because I have hit green with someone close enough that i felt it should be have affected a green release
Old 09-14-2017, 12:00 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Although I'm ok with the green I do think ratings should matter more. There is no midrange game right now because everything is considered "contested" which means lots of bricks even when I hit top of shot bar...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »