Home

Let's talk NBA Live - Ultimate Wishlist/Ideas

This is a discussion on Let's talk NBA Live - Ultimate Wishlist/Ideas within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-28-2016, 09:40 PM   #1
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Let's talk NBA Live - Ultimate Wishlist/Ideas

Alright fellas, it's that time of year again. This year, I want to be a little bit different, in that I want to talk about the entire series and not just the next iteration.

So for NBA Live moving forward, what are your ultimate "wants" from the series. Modes? Gameplay? Customization? Expand on your ideas as much as you can. Don't just say "Customization" and leave it at that. Expand on what you want customization of.

Have you always wanted to see something from NBA 2k make it into Live? What is it?

Have you always wanted something that no basketball game has ever implemented? What are your ideas? I want to hear them. If you see an idea that you like, please "Like" the post, or quote the post and expand your thoughts on the idea.

Let's get the ball rolling. And please, for the sake of staying on topic, don't bring negativity into the discussion. Let's keep this solely on ideas and suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 04:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Let's talk NBA Live - Ultimate Wishlist/Ideas

- Customisation: The devs need to buy an original Xbox and play Inside Drive. From memory that game had sliders for each player. Yeah the team might have a point guard, but if their small forward often brings the ball up and runs the show, we could select that. Does a player in the post only shoot hook shots, or only shoot jumpers from one side, always banking etc. This is the type of stuff Synergy is supposed to do but doesn't (often enough).

- Custom (and more) camera angles: Pretty sure other games have had this. Again it's all about customisation and giving the user the tools to play the game how they want to play.

- Pro Am/Street Courts AND clothing selectable in offline/quick game mode. Pretty silly not to allow this. It shows off the great artwork done on the courts and gear, gives you almost two games for the price of one (not quite) and if it allowed the custom cameras and saveable replays etc, would be some great free marketing for the game because we are going to want to show it off (unlike the always online mode locked behind a set camera, with no replays or pausing allowed).

- I've been saying this for 10+ years but no developer has taken the idea... Multiple commentators that change randomly each game. Record 2, 3 or 4 different teams (costs more I know) with their own individual scripts and you become the first basketball (and I believe sports game in general) to ever do so. Come on, someone can do it...

- PC version. No brainer really. EA have Origin for DRM. You get the game to hundreds of thousands of new fans 1.without consoles and 2.with a PC just starving for quality sports games. You also (as EA and 2K have found in the past) discover talented modders who actually improve the game.

- Signature court audio from players. You don't even need to record the actual players but it would be pretty cool to hear guys called by their name from their teammates, defenders, coaches etc. (I think some NFL games have done this but don't think an NBA game has?).

- In 2017 gamers are going to be throwing cash at anything they can use their VR headsets on. Cash in on this by adding a VR 3 point contest, maybe being in the locker room, or VR timeouts, press conferences etc. Silly, but why not board that train?
Old 03-29-2016, 01:03 PM   #3
Pro

For me it's gameplay depth and customization. I just get bored with the repetitiveness of the game. It doesn't feels fresh after a week with the game..

Control additions
- double tap X for bounce pass
- double tap O for lob pass
- make L3 the post up enter button
- make R3 the play call selection since you use the right stick to select from the wheel anyways
- make L1 the shot modifier so
- L1 + square is floater/ bank shot
- L1 plus right stick movements can be creating post moves like shimmy fadeaways or post step back shots ect
- square to dive on floor for loose balls
- rolling inbounds to save times
- be able to throw alley oops from an out of bounds play

Animations
- There just needs to be way more depth. 8 free throws, 50 jumpshots, 10 dunk packages ect is not nearly enough with the new consoles. I'd like to see much more variety of
- standing fadeaways
- post fadeaways
- in and out dribbles
- spin dribble
- behind the back dribble
- hesitation dribble
- off the dribble shots leaning left/right/forward
- driving contact layup
- layups off glass
- floater off one foot and off two feet
- separate shot base and form of jumpshots so there is a larger amount to choose from

Fouls to add
- loose ball fouls for contact in off ball live motion battles
- loose ball fouls on box outs
- moving screen fouls
- clear path fouls
- over the back fouls
- offensive fouls for "hooking" the defender on a drive or post move

customization is severely lacking.

Roster/player editing
- edit players accessories, attributes, animations, play style, position, jersey number
- trade and cut players from teams
- create a player
- edit lineups and players minutes per game
- edit height, width, and tilt of all camera angle
- local and global saves
- create draft classes for dynasty/ rising star

Sliders
- 5 point increments
- add a contact shot effectiveness slider
- screen effectiveness slider
- game speed slider
- speed threshold slider
- fatigue slider

Ratings
- add an agility rating
- hustle rating
- box out rating
- post fadeaway rating
- screen setting rating
- floater rating
- standing dunk rating
- standing layup rating
- defensive awareness for rotations
- offensive awareness for maintains spacing/ smart cuts into open space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2016, 10:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

i'd like to see live to take some cues from NHL 16's presentation.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:24 AM   #5
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

I would like for Live to implement late game awareness for the CPU as far as gameplay & also for the commentators/crowd. The CPU at the moment plays the last seconds of the game like the whole game. The crowd doesn't get excited when you hit a game winner.

Less wonky & robotic movements. Try to provide fluid movement whether it's running up the court, doing a crossover, turn around jumper, or layup/dunk.

Roster editing of course. Give the user the ability to edit ratings, accessories, animations.

Accurate commentary is welcomed. Simply, a precise following of what's going on in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 03:50 PM   #6
Rookie

- I'd really like a PC version of NBA Live.

Pro Am and My Player mode suggestions.

- Skill drills like in FIFA. Even an online mode for it. Like 1v1 post moves drill and so on.

- Player progression like in Pro Clubs of FIFA. Let your styleplay define you.

- Quick plays in Pro Am. Also reward the players if they follow the play or if they do their job in freelance offence. Spacing is important.

- Keep up the matching system and variety of courts in Pro Am. Don't even look at 2k's "got next" and MyPark mode, it's not worth it.

- Teamates filter, let the hogballers play with their kind. Find good teamates for good team players.

- Be able to create a team for pro am. Let them also have bench players. A secondary player, not as good as the main one.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:54 PM   #7
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

I would like to see the current dynasty mode scrapped in favor of a "Connected Dynasty" similar to Madden. It should be all inclusive, stats, multi year(30?), rookie drafts, trades (player, picks, and future picks). This year's iteration of basketball games is severely missing a competitive online franchise mode. Madden's Connected offering has kept many in their leagues interested, despite new games coming out weekly, and I think the replay value alone through league play, would attract those disappointed with this year's Live and the competition's online league offerings. Leagues also bring players of a like mindset together, and helps to grow the community.

As an example, a one league NCAA college Football community I became a part of years ago, has grown into a 8 league, multi-platform, multi-game community.

Online league competition is the way of the internet, and to omit it is a slight to the players and their gaming communities.
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 03-30-2016, 05:39 PM   #8
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I wish NBA live would get a pc version. That is all...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »