Home

NBA Live Executive Producer: There will be an NBA Live 16 (Polygon)

This is a discussion on NBA Live Executive Producer: There will be an NBA Live 16 (Polygon) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #33
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Future of Live Series (Polygon )

After reading the article, I guess the only question that should be asked is...why charge $60 then?

Unless you're a realist and knew it would be at least another year before we get to see Live's potential, isn't it a bit too late to be lowering expectations for this? Because that's what the article sounds like it's trying to do. Or at least that's how I interpreted it but I could be wrong.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

At least people can't lie and say ea over hyped the game if they play it and don't like it.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #35
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
After reading the article, I guess the only question that should be asked is...why charge $60 then?

Unless you're a realist and knew it would be at least another year before we get to see Live's potential, isn't it a bit too late to be lowering expectations for this? Because that's what the article sounds like it's trying to do. Or at least that's how I interpreted it but I could be wrong.
I think it is giving us an indirect heads- up it's still not where we want it. Least that's how I read it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 12:19 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
In the end, for me, it's going to come down if it's; better than 14 that's a win for most people. I hope its' a lot better. But my question is this, will it be worth the full 60 bucks price tag? IMO EA should realy take the hit and sell this baby at 39.99 or even 49.99 and show some compassion for their fans...I think it will really boost the momentum for next year. Just my opinon though.
According to the article, here's how much better it will be, not sure what to make of it, but sure doesnt sound like a whole lot better, see below.

Here is the guarantee O'Brien will make, though: NBA Live 15 will be better than NBA Live 14 by about this much, he says, holding one hand about a foot above the other.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:46 PM   #37
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Transparency would be showing us the game you’re “proud of”, TBH.

This is why these articles are responded to the way they are though, what else do folks have to go on?

With this article in general, besides a throwaway line about being confident, it comes off as lacking confidence IMO...that's just I how I felt reading it. Doesn't mean I won't try the demo and see for myself..
This is also a third party article, so I always take those with a grain of salt. I'm sure we didn't get the full interview out of this article, but rather just a few quotes.

Please keep in mind that I am not saying Live is going to be the most amazing game ever and people are stupid for doubting; I'm just saying that I don't see a real reason for the large amounts of negativity when we knew up front how they were going to "market" the game. They have said from the beginning that they just want people to try it and see how much they have progressed.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 10-20-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #38
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
According to the article, here's how much better it will be, not sure what to make of it, but sure doesnt sound like a whole lot better, see below.

Here is the guarantee O'Brien will make, though: NBA Live 15 will be better than NBA Live 14 by about this much, he says, holding one hand about a foot above the other.
What does that mean?
Old 10-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #39
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I just don't see how they can guarantee Live will be making a Live 16 without seeing the sales figures for Live 15. The EA executives don't care if they have a dev team working on 16 or 17 or 18. They will crunch the numbers and if they feel there is no hope they will can the game and cut their losses.

It is hard to fathom why we haven't seen true 5 on 5 gameplay footage at this point. It's like the movie that doesn't release early to the critics to avoid all the negative publicity. I'm still looking forward to checking out the PS4 demo next Tuesday although it's a bit sad when I'm just hoping for a Live 10 experience (which had sliders) with upgraded graphics. They could have saved a lot of pain if they just ported that game in the first place.
Every single company can forecast a loss. That doesn't mean they stop operations. You'd be surprised at how many of your favorite companies are functioning at a loss and still pushing out products.

Live isn't the money maker for EA. It's just a project amongst a bunch of other projects.

They cut funding in different areas like marketing and advertising. When's the last time you've seen a commercial for NBA Live when they used to have all of those "If it's in the game" commercials before?

Saying they didn't show 5 on 5 isn't true because they did. They just didn't show enough for our liking.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:45 PM   #40
Rookie

I'm just waiting for Thursday, I don't care if they show gameplay anymore, I get to play it myself

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »