Home

When do you think Live will actually be able to compete with the other game?

This is a discussion on When do you think Live will actually be able to compete with the other game? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have been away from these forums for a little bit, and I noticed that it has died down a bit. I wanted to bring up a topic to help get this section going again, so when do you guys actually think Live will be able to compete with the other game because they have alot of work to do? Last they have to figure out a way to make the game generate productive sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: When do you think Live will actually be able to compete with the other game?

Both games have alot of work to do. Neither represents sim basketball.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #3
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Re: When do you think Live will actually be able to compete with the other game?

if they want to compete in sales? graphics. if they make it look pretty it will sell.

if they want to compete in the long run? keep focused on user feedback and stay the course of trying to create realistic basketball.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:15 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I am hopeful NBA Live will one day be able to come all the way back and create a very feasible & fully functional alternative. It'd be nice to have a safety net in case a game we typically count on does not come through in a given year.

In terms of when Live may reach that point, I have a really tough time prognosticating such a return. They seem to be generally on the right track now, but it's tough to tell where they'll end up peaking. I keep thinking about the Triple Play/MVP Baseball transition, and that gives me hope, but I just can't tell where it's going to go from here.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:09 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't think there's such a dramatic hill to overcome. Compared to live 14 and 2k, yeh. But I just see the latter as slightly above average, and live as below average, as well as behind times--of their own game's at that.

So I'd say whenever they get serious and produce a game up to date on crap, a game that's complete, they'll be just behind the field--and that could be any given year; could've should've been this past year.
But yeh, the difference overall may be huge: graphics, content, gameplay, and ai combined, but just hitting the right notes on gameplay would put it back in the fight.
Then again, this post is assuming the other game's next game remains similar to its last. All about effort, and know-how. One game has a Greg Popo/spurs themed organization, while the other has a Mike Woodson/Isaiah/knicks organization. Trapped in a box of its past. Laced up with no vaseline.

Last edited by Halfamazing; 03-26-2014 at 06:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2014, 10:29 AM   #6
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

I hope it is soon, I really want there to be a viable option to compete with 2K because the direction they are going is not good.

To NBA Live's credit, it seems as if over past couple of months they are listening to us (the consumers) more which is a good thing.

I have faith, they have a decent foundation to build on. I like the modes they have in place, they need to fix a few things:

1) Graphics
2) Gameplay is a huge issue, fix the player movement, input lag, etc.
3) Need new cameras, this is a huge issue for me. I need the 2K camera in NBA Live! (called something different but similar please)
4) Editing options

Other than these things, anything else they improve upon is just icing right now. They need to get the core stabalized before adding fluff. Btw, other than the lack of legends and historic players, Ultimate Team blows 2K's MyTeam to shreds. Their MyPlayer (whatever it's called) type mode is pretty terrible though
Old 03-26-2014, 03:16 PM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Competes a loaded word....that will take a while...and frankly, I don't even care man....just give me a good bball game to play and i'm straight...keep your promises, stay involved in the community and actively listen to feedback and you're good...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 03-26-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #8
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

I've been back and forth with this game for a long time. I'm gonna give it one more try today. I have had it twice and returned it both times (bought pre-owned both times) and for some reason there is a part of me that keeps coming back to this game...probably because of the Ultimate Team. Would like to try out their "Career Mode." Just ordered online from Walmart for in-store pickup...I'm gonna go get it after work and give it a serious go this time. Probably won't play too much tonight because of the Heat-Pacers game but I'm going to keep this game and find the good as many of you have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »