Home

If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

This is a discussion on If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #201
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

So quick question.

So with some people enjoying the game does that ruin some evil plan for EA to cancel the future games?

Is the thought process that since some enjoying the game, that EA/Live Devs will get ultra lazy since we accept such pure trash.

Where are the numbers coming from of sold copies. Very small sample size but atl/smyrna/vinings area there are no copies of either game at my 2 walmarts, bestbuy, toys r us(biggest in area). Assuming because EA is on the box. There will be pissed off kids come christmas time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #202
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Not true. EA, unfortunately has always had a loyal to sympathetic following. There are a lot of them. Even if the competition was flawless, there are still those people that would play Live.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
If the competition was "flawless" this board would look much like it did in the aftermath of Elite once the shock and morbid curiosity wore off and the game was ultimately cancelled.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #203
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
So quick question.

So with some people enjoying the game does that ruin some evil plan for EA to cancel the future games?

Is the thought process that since some enjoying the game, that EA/Live Devs will get ultra lazy since we accept such pure trash.

Where are the numbers coming from of sold copies. Very small sample size but atl/smyrna/vinings area there are no copies of either game at my 2 walmarts, bestbuy, toys r us(biggest in area). Assuming because EA is on the box. There will be pissed off kids come christmas time.
Bro, your local stores being out of the game isn't indication of booming Live sales as you're trying to imply. If Walmart brought in ten copies of that but had 50 copies of Battlefield to sell...yeah, I shouldn't have to finish this sentence for you to see where it's going.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #204
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Bro, your local stores being out of the game isn't indication of booming Live sales as you're trying to imply. If Walmart brought in ten copies of that but had 50 copies of Battlefield to sell...yeah, I shouldn't have to finish this sentence for you to see where it's going.
Wasnt implying my fellow OSer, looking for Knack and some other stuff while shopping(for the wife) and just thought, damn no copies of Live.

Originally I wouldn't have paid 2cents but got it for $30.

But any official numbers of sales for this release?

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #205
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

**** is not pretty man.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/74703/nba-live-14/Global/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/74165/nba-2k14/Global/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72629/m...nfl-25/Global/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/73754/f...cer-14/Global/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/73201/s...-force/Global/

Doesn't matter how many of you guys are enjoying this game. Numbers like that doesn't normally equal "more of the same." Not at that address anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #206
MVP

Thanks for posting that.

The lazy gamer.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:07 AM   #207
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
At the end of the day there is probably no point in posting anything good about Live. Game looks like ****, animations look like **** and they have admitted to the game being subpar. But the graphics whore I am(mainly Pc player) why am I having fun with this game. Game that decided my purchase was from the Demo. Warriors(me) vs OKC, greatest virtual basketball game Ive played since Ben Wallace was on the cover. Those moments when OKC was playing true to themselves, double overtime victory for myself. Never felt cheated, still a little high from that game.

I dont think either game represent basketball simulation. As Live might look uglier doing it, I have about the same amounts of WTF was that type moments in both games.

I do agree with everyone. Everything about this game should/could have been done 100x better. EA has the resources if they were serious about competition. Keep the core, fire the art people and need to see a massive increase in every area of the game.

Side note, I purchased it from Amazon Warehouse for 30ish dollars.
Nice post man. I've been playing video games for 25 years! Yes, 25 years. I love basketball and I think I've played nearly every basketball game that has been released. With that being said, I haven't played a so-called basketball game that felt like basketball in YEARS. 2k11 may have been that last one.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #208
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
Nice post man. I've been playing video games for 25 years! Yes, 25 years. I love basketball and I think I've played nearly every basketball game that has been released. With that being said, I haven't played a so-called basketball game that felt like basketball in YEARS. 2k11 may have been that last one.
I would love to say we are headed in the right direction but ultimately no.

2k needs to do some major work on their engine. Legacy issues tagged along for next gen. Ea overhaul of everything. Put tons of money into it and find a team they can believe in and maintain year to year.

They both have a different take on bball. Both games have their pros and con's. The reason we all favor Live/2k is the flashes of bball we do see. Neither is perfect and both can look really ugly at times.

I'm praying 2k releases nextgen style on PC next release. And hopefully Live comes full forced next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »