Home

Are graphics a point of concern this year? At all?

This is a discussion on Are graphics a point of concern this year? At all? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Are graphics a point of concern this year? At all?

admittedly, i've been following this game pretty loosely, but everything always seems to be about the physics. any news about how the game LOOKS? i'm hoping the visuals are a "work in progress" too. i really don't understand why it's taking so many years to catch up. the physics fill a nice void in bball games, but the poor look of Live/Elite has been probably my biggest issue. i wanna replicate real basketball as much as possible, and all the control in the world really can't make up for awkward motions

Last edited by FreshPrince22; 08-09-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
Pro

ballin095's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Are graphics a point of concern this year? At all?

I'm not really worried about graphics tbh. I've got to the point as a ps3 owner that with all the beautiful games we already have and have in the making, I can really care less about graphics at this point and time. Gameplay>>>graphics in my book. Id rather them focus on the core gameplay then on how beautiful the game looks. That's the problem that 2k has had the last few years.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 25

They said graphics were not the focus.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

Is the OP talking about graphics or animations? Two separate departments there.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #5
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

If I had to be honest I would say, probably not. I'm sure EA wants the game to look pretty but their main concern is making sure the game feels right.

There's a big difference between emphasizing feel and look, each one has its own set of downsides. Some of you guys are getting real bent out of shape over the graphics (ie animations) but all this summer EA has pushing gameplay, gameplay, gameplay.

And not just gameplay in general but the feel of it more than the looks. They are trying to make a game that feels like a real life basketball game above everything else.

So this years game will not be the game for you if looks are a huge concern. For those that want a game to feel like you are actually playing basketball then you might be in luck.

I love sig animations but right now EA needs to make a game that plays like a real bball game. Thats what going to give them a chance in the long run because in the end nobody going to care if you can layup/dunk exactly like Kobe if the game plays like crap lol

Especially when you are going up against another game that many people strongly believe looks and plays well. You can build a strong fanbase on game's that play well not so much on one that looks good. Because everyone eventually gets tired of a game that has no substance...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

I'm not sure what the OP is talking about. The player models always looked great in the Live series, and in Live 10 they were the best ever. I see no reason to be concerned for Elite. I like the art direction overall. The colors are vibrant and the players have a slight caricature look to them (in a good way). In other games the players look and feel like lifeless zombies with no urgency or soul to them.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

the graphics in 2010 were top notch...its just that the actual player body shapes were a little off (too slim in the waist...skin way too shiny)...if they could get the art style of the actual player bodies right it would look amazing with that already amazing detail.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7

I think the poster is talking about the animations which i also think are very bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »