Home

Dynasty can be (somewhat) fixed yet

This is a discussion on Dynasty can be (somewhat) fixed yet within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Dynasty can be (somewhat) fixed yet

The simulation engine is a mess and we can all plainly see that, but aside from numerous unthinkably low-scoring games and a select few unthinkably high-scoring games, I believe there is a way to fix the simulated player statistics.

The minutes per game problem is mainly caused by increasing a players ability to withstand fatigue. There's no reason a superstar player should have a rating of 40-60 in that category and yet, the developers seemed to give everyone no higher than around 60. Bump that up to 99 for superstars, 85-90 for stars, 70-80 for fringe stars, then 50-70 for role players (depending on how large their role is). Scrubs should get 30-50 depending on how awful they are.

Imperfect method? Sure, but it seems to work for the most part. I have LeBron averaging 38-40mpg and putting up nearly 30ppg. Same with Melo, Kobe and others.

Another thing I've noticed is that there is WAY too much 3pt shooting happening in simulation. Regularly, teams will have half of their shots (or more) be 3pters. This is due to each player's 3pt shooting likelihood.

For players like Ray Allen, Michael Redd, Peja Stojakovic, etc, lower it from the current absurdly high 90+ it's at to about 50...maybe a bit less. For good-but-not-great 3pt shooters, set it at 35-40 (maybe more, maybe less -- all player dependent). Average 3pt shooters should get a 20-30. Most centers and non-3pt shooters should be set at 0-5.

Passing, too, seems to be an issue. Too many players are incredible passers. These include Stephen Curry, Mike Bibby and others. Very simply, lower their passing rating.

There are also guards who happen to be very good rebounders (Chris Paul, Derrick Rose to name a few). I've found that if you want them to get #'s that are more realistic, you have to bump up their rebounding attributes to very high levels.

Not sure if this will work to perfection nor do I know if it's already been posted but I thought it'd help.

Any other things others have found can be posted in this thread.

Last edited by TheMaskOfZero; 10-23-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Dynasty can be (somewhat) fixed yet

Good find man if you are going to do a roster you should upload it to EA Locker. I'm sure a lot of guys here would appreciate it.

Edit:

The fatigue problem is right on the money man I just looked at his rating and it was a 71. I think you should hook up with playmakers b/c you guys are trying to accomplish the same thing.

Last edited by Jano; 10-23-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 46

Yes i'd like there to be a way to get those edits in a Locker, instead of manually doing all that jazz.
whats an ea locker? lol
Old 10-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

EA Locker is like 2K share where you can share your rosters, sliders, etc. with other gamers.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

I swear sports games purposely put little effort into their rosters because they know we'll do the work for them once the game is released. Smh. Good find though homie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
EA Locker is like 2K share where you can share your rosters, sliders, etc. with other gamers.
thanks Jano, thats what I thought.
lets get it done fellas!
Old 10-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #7
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

A lot of times edits were needed to just make Live playable. Now it is already playable out of the box and, any edits made to it will just make it even better. Not just from a simulation game standpoint but they can improve the gameplay itself.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaskOfZero
The simulation engine is a mess and we can all plainly see that, but aside from numerous unthinkably low-scoring games and a select few unthinkably high-scoring games, I believe there is a way to fix the simulated player statistics.

The minutes per game problem is mainly caused by increasing a players ability to withstand fatigue. There's no reason a superstar player should have a rating of 40-60 in that category and yet, the developers seemed to give everyone no higher than around 60. Bump that up to 99 for superstars, 85-90 for stars, 70-80 for fringe stars, then 50-70 for role players (depending on how large their role is). Scrubs should get 30-50 depending on how awful they are.

Imperfect method? Sure, but it seems to work for the most part. I have LeBron averaging 38-40mpg and putting up nearly 30ppg. Same with Melo, Kobe and others.

Another thing I've noticed is that there is WAY too much 3pt shooting happening in simulation. Regularly, teams will have half of their shots (or more) be 3pters. This is due to each player's 3pt shooting likelihood.

For players like Ray Allen, Michael Redd, Peja Stojakovic, etc, lower it from the current absurdly high 90+ it's at to about 50...maybe a bit less. For good-but-not-great 3pt shooters, set it at 35-40 (maybe more, maybe less -- all player dependent). Average 3pt shooters should get a 20-30. Most centers and non-3pt shooters should be set at 0-5.

Passing, too, seems to be an issue. Too many players are incredible passers. These include Stephen Curry, Mike Bibby and others. Very simply, lower their passing rating.

There are also guards who happen to be very good rebounders (Chris Paul, Derrick Rose to name a few). I've found that if you want them to get #'s that are more realistic, you have to bump up their rebounding attributes to very high levels.

Not sure if this will work to perfection nor do I know if it's already been posted but I thought it'd help.

Any other things others have found can be posted in this thread.

I agree with all that bout franchise, but did you notice when you try to edit 3 point likelihood and some other things the players overall goes to 99 or so for some reason? I've tried raising a lot of big mens shooter's mentality cause they literally never shoot and every teams leading scorer is a perimeter player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »