Home

Why is there some kind of code in the game for all players?

This is a discussion on Why is there some kind of code in the game for all players? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-13-2009, 06:32 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Why is there some kind of code in the game for all players?

Under Edit player there's ratings we can adjust but they can't be done globally in this section. It has to be done on a individual basis which is cool with me.

I know the Live team probably can't answer this question but why is there a code in the game for all players under Layup vs Dunk Frequency?

Every player is listed at 0 and to me that seems kinda odd.......

It's like locking something to prevent something in the game from happening.

Now i know on each level there is something weird going on for fast breaks mainly guys refusing to attack the rim on the break. Now I know we shouldn't speculate right now but the layup vs dunk frequency for all players being at 0 doesn't make sense to me unless your trying to keep the game from becoming a dunk fest then you reduce it down.

But why all players at 0?

I'd like to know if this effects their behavior in the open floor when electing to drive for a layup or dunk or settle for a jumper. Does this make them less aggressive in transistion or what EA?

I hope this isn't the reason why defenders are capable of catching up to the offensive players because they are being programmed to not look for the dunk or layup very much in transistion.

Maybe this is something that was programmed for online play to keep it from becoming a fast break dunk fest but i'm concerned this might have something to do with offline fast breaks aswell.

Another thing i think is concerning is the foul ratings in this game. There are way too many guys that are rated low in this game for defensive fouls. I've been trying to find a solution to get more fouls called but when i checked the ratings these guys rarely committ fouls because they are rated way too low. You can't do a global edit this year for player fouls so either it has to be recoded or done individually which would suck.......

If this is something that can be answered i'm sure the community would appreciate it because if it's tied into the transistion game then it makes it easier for us to go in and edit it ourselves. I just don't want fast breaks being forced on me by some code that stops players from trying to get layups or dunks in transistion.

I've had to drop all the way down to Pro level just to get satisfaction out of this part of the game.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 10-13-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 08:15 AM   #2
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Why is there some kind of code in the game for all players?

its the same for, shooting mentality its from 0-15 only.....

i am pretty sure this is the next step for live where these ratings get replaced by the dna %

they dont need that rating anymore since they have that "finish at the basket" dna %

i was wondering about many ratings this past week, shooter mentality is replaced by " no dribble shot"

so the perimeter tendencies combined with jumpshot success now govern all scoring abilities while the ratings seem to govern " type"

my 2 cents

#18 greatest EVA....

Last edited by carnalnirvana; 10-13-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
its the same for, shooting mentality its from 0-15 only.....

i am pretty sure this is the next step for live where these ratings get replaced by the dna %

they dont need that rating anymore since they have that "finish at the basket" dna %

i was wondering about many ratings this past week, shooter mentality is replaced by " no dribble shot"

so the perimeter tendencies combined with jumpshot success now govern all scoring abilities while the ratings seem to govern " type"

my 2 cents
nope that's not why....

I tested it out myself late lastnight....i used 3 guys as test dummies moved it from 0 to 99 and they were much more aggressive on the break.

So i think it's at 0 for all players because then if they get suggestions during the year that someone isn't playing aggressive they can just make individual tweaks on their own.

put an entire team at 99 and watch how how much more they try get a layup or dunk in the game.

But it's all good now since i know what it does i'm going to use it to improve certain players game during the fast break. You can use it to make any player react better on the break.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 10-13-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
nope that's not why....

I tested it out myself late lastnight....i used 3 guys as test dummies moved it from 0 to 99 and they were much more aggressive on the break.

So i think it's at 0 for all players because then if they get suggestions during the year that someone isn't playing aggressive they can just make individual tweaks on their own.

put an entire team at 99 and watch how how much more they try get a layup or dunk in the game.

But it's all good now since i know what it does i'm going to use it to improve certain players game during the fast break. You can use it to make any player react better on the break.
you are the man!!!...cant wait to try this..
Old 10-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA 2KLIVE
you are the man!!!...cant wait to try this..
2KLIVE, I wouldn't do it just yet.

I'd waite for the 1st roster update and see how EA handles it and if you still see guys on fast break not reacting properly like attacking the basket then edit them individually.

But i also wouldn't make them 99 i was just using it as example for when i tested it out last night.

You don't want to have a guy like Jason Terry trying to go strong to the rim....you have to use these rating wisely when you tweak players.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Kinda weird that someone else discovered this same thing in 2K's basketball game. They have every players tendncy for attack the basket at 0 just like NBA Live 10

The guy increased that rating and sure enough guys would drive more often

Scroll down to about the 4th post he explains it
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040332998

Seems kinda that both games are using the same kinda code or something. I think it takes away aggressiveness from players but it shouldn't be at 0 for all players IMO

Old 10-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #7
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

How do you come to conclusion of your ratings and numbers in edits?

Is it all opinion on how you think they should play or do you use a formula?
Old 10-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
How do you come to conclusion of your ratings and numbers in edits?

Is it all opinion on how you think they should play or do you use a formula?
I use alot of stats from 82 games.com and also research stats teams from NBA.com

Ask yourself do you truly fear LeBron James in this game?

Then ask your self why is he listed at 0 like every other player in the game at Dunk vs Layup frequency. That kinda takes away his true style of play wouldn't you agree?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »