Home

Can you name some differences between allstar and superstar level?

This is a discussion on Can you name some differences between allstar and superstar level? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Can you name some differences between allstar and superstar level?

w/o getting into an incredible amount of detail...Superstar gives me a more sim like experience...the D and contested shots are better
Old 10-11-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Stupid off-balanced fade-away 3's don't go in on superstar, the shooting is the biggest difference for me. It's much more realistic
Old 10-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

do you guys set home difficulty and away diffuclty the same or away as superstar home as allstar?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
Rookie

dbacks01's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazza2319
Stupid off-balanced fade-away 3's don't go in on superstar, the shooting is the biggest difference for me. It's much more realistic
Is this on superstar default no slider tinkering?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I know this is for Super Star or All Star level but after playing about 2-3 games on Pro Level depending on your ego IMO the game plays just as good if not better in many areas.

One of the biggest upgrades you'll see on Pro is more realistic fouls and fast breaks happening.

In terms of defense by the CPU trust me if you crank up their defensive sliders they play just as effective as they would on any other level. I think this level has the best balance in game play because teams can actually play both styles uptempo and halfcourt.

And what i mean by uptempo is that teams will get out and run they don't always settle for jumpers in transistion on Pro level. EA may not confirm this but i think the game is coded in terms of fastbreak logic between Pro, All-Star and Super Star.

The players don't react the way on Super Star and All-Star because i think they wanted it to avoid a dunk fest on those levels but in return the AI and Human Players were handicapped in transistion.

I also see more players on Pro Level contesting shots on their own and again I think this is something that was catered more towards the casual player and therefor on Pro Level his AI teammates will help out him out more than they do on the higher levels.

This is the same exact coding that was in Live 06 or 07 when your guys simply stopped doing things on their own once you moved up to Super Star level. It made that level competive only in sense because your guys couldn't defend on their own.

A prime example is on Pro Level my AI teammate Josh Howard fouled Kobe Bryant a few times on jumps shots without me switching oer to Kobe. Howard contested the shot's on his own and picked up a few fouls while doing it.

Now i consider myself an above avg player in Live. My skill set is probably made out to play on Super Level. But I'm no fool when it comes to game play and how I think the game should dictated on the floor and played out according to player/team ratings. IMO I"m going to disagree that most SIM/Realistic levels are All-Star or Super Star.

Those are the most difficult levels but that doesn't mean it's the most realistic after what I've seen now.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #7
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

^^^ when can we expect your sliders to be available ?

thanks man
Old 10-12-2009, 01:29 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I know this is for Super Star or All Star level but after playing about 2-3 games on Pro Level depending on your ego IMO the game plays just as good if not better in many areas.

One of the biggest upgrades you'll see on Pro is more realistic fouls and fast breaks happening.

In terms of defense by the CPU trust me if you crank up their defensive sliders they play just as effective as they would on any other level. I think this level has the best balance in game play because teams can actually play both styles uptempo and halfcourt.

And what i mean by uptempo is that teams will get out and run they don't always settle for jumpers in transistion on Pro level. EA may not confirm this but i think the game is coded in terms of fastbreak logic between Pro, All-Star and Super Star.

The players don't react the way on Super Star and All-Star because i think they wanted it to avoid a dunk fest on those levels but in return the AI and Human Players were handicapped in transistion.

I also see more players on Pro Level contesting shots on their own and again I think this is something that was catered more towards the casual player and therefor on Pro Level his AI teammates will help out him out more than they do on the higher levels.

This is the same exact coding that was in Live 06 or 07 when your guys simply stopped doing things on their own once you moved up to Super Star level. It made that level competive only in sense because your guys couldn't defend on their own.

A prime example is on Pro Level my AI teammate Josh Howard fouled Kobe Bryant a few times on jumps shots without me switching oer to Kobe. Howard contested the shot's on his own and picked up a few fouls while doing it.

Now i consider myself an above avg player in Live. My skill set is probably made out to play on Super Level. But I'm no fool when it comes to game play and how I think the game should dictated on the floor and played out according to player/team ratings. IMO I"m going to disagree that most SIM/Realistic levels are All-Star or Super Star.

Those are the most difficult levels but that doesn't mean it's the most realistic after what I've seen now.
I thought I was the only one that saw this..I did Tomba's sliders on PRO level and Watched a game between Phoenix and La Lakers and I had one enjoyable game on my hands. Guys were getting to the lane when they were suppposed to..passes were getting into the paint...it was a thing of beauty. I haven't done anything with sliders yet but sinse you brought it up first I'll wait to see what you cook up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »