Home

NBA Live 10 Video #1

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video #1 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #137
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NBA Live 10 Video #1

I don't know about you guys, but Kobe has busted my *** on several occasions with deft moves to get into the paint. The iso-drive is not as constant as would happen playing against most users, but I've had my share of "Ooh, Kobe did me dirty" moments... same with Jameer, dude will torch you if you get up on him too tight. Haven't really had an issue with that aspect of the game... it's better in that regard that both of last year's games IMO, so that's all I can really ask for. Seeing them blow past me and then kick it out for the open mid when the help comes is a thing of beauty.

But yeah, I'd wait until we see the final with all these other players before totally coming to a judgment on this. I've had plenty of games in the demo where Kobe totally took over and killed me and some where it was Gasol or just a very balanced attack... seemed to depend on who got going early and where my defense was being focused. Some standard gameplay videos would do a lot to solve this issue... Wade would probably be the best player to use since he controls the ball and isolates so much.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #138
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

k
Old 09-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #139
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

^^^^

I've had R.Lewis and VC have done the same to me from time to time. I had VC iso me one time when Gasol was checking him at the top of the key. He hit me with a couple of crosses and then blew by him on his was to the rim. That was a WOW moment for me.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 09-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #140
Strategy

OVR: 36
cool.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 5

Guys that ares saying CPU is not good, or that the other game has better one are lying. If nothing else, you have to give Live AI advantage... They play good basketball. 2k still looks nicer to me but the way AI plays there, well that is not NBA ball... . Kobe can and does take over, Gasol is always in the right spot, they play triangle, they recognize mismatches... So you can stop preaching that to us. We can debate animations, commentary, presentation, but not AI behavior like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 03:41 PM   #142
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
I don't know about you guys, but Kobe has busted my *** on several occasions with deft moves to get into the paint. The iso-drive is not as constant as would happen playing against most users, but I've had my share of "Ooh, Kobe did me dirty" moments... same with Jameer, dude will torch you if you get up on him too tight. Haven't really had an issue with that aspect of the game... it's better in that regard that both of last year's games IMO, so that's all I can really ask for. Seeing them blow past me and then kick it out for the open mid when the help comes is a thing of beauty.

But yeah, I'd wait until we see the final with all these other players before totally coming to a judgment on this. I've had plenty of games in the demo where Kobe totally took over and killed me and some where it was Gasol or just a very balanced attack... seemed to depend on who got going early and where my defense was being focused. Some standard gameplay videos would do a lot to solve this issue... Wade would probably be the best player to use since he controls the ball and isolates so much.
Co-sign Kobe. I think they nailed him. He is always doing size ups in the demo to get a lane.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #143
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
We do have Dallas Cowboys Stadium, yes.
I meant the dunk and 3 point contests.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #144
MVP

OVR: 12

I love what they did with the p.a guy sounds a lot more entergentic now....hell how long has he been the p.a guy for live? like 100 years? just kidding hes awsome! always brings back memories of the old live days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »