Home

Will the roster rotation be fixed in Live 10?

This is a discussion on Will the roster rotation be fixed in Live 10? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Will the roster rotation be fixed in Live 10?

Like for instance, in my Knicks franchise in Live 09, the Magic (cpu) offer me Rafer Alston and Tony Battie for Eddy Curry. But when I went to look at the Magic roster Curry was starting and Dwight Howard was the 12th man on the bench.

Like, I've been having this problem with the last 2 Live (08 and 09) and I feel it needs to be fixed. It makes franchise mode no fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Will the roster rotation be fixed in Live 10?

letting the user control all 30 teams in franchise would allow this to be fixed if needed
Old 09-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamalam
letting the user control all 30 teams in franchise would allow this to be fixed if needed
That wouldn't be acceptable though because its a problem that has been in the last 2 editions of the game.Also for what he is referring to this would make it even worse because when you have an injury players don't always return to the lineup and the cpu sets random lineups for your team regardless of what you want. So you would constantly have to go and fix every teams lineup constantly.

While on the topic if a developer looks a this thread could you all possibly sim some seasons and see if this is a problem as well as the statistics while it is hopefully still time. All point guards don't average 1 rebound per game.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #4
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

its suppose to be fixed in live10...

a rotations option in the rosters section would also help
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Old 09-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich730
That wouldn't be acceptable though because its a problem that has been in the last 2 editions of the game.Also for what he is referring to this would make it even worse because when you have an injury players don't always return to the lineup and the cpu sets random lineups for your team regardless of what you want. So you would constantly have to go and fix every teams lineup constantly.

While on the topic if a developer looks a this thread could you all possibly sim some seasons and see if this is a problem as well as the statistics while it is hopefully still time. All point guards don't average 1 rebound per game.

agreed they need to fix all of it, but knowing the history of team mgt ai, the next best thing is doing it manually. i dont believe they will get it all fixed this year, so at least, give us control of all the teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 7

Yeah.. Same here... Pls FIX this EA
Old 09-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamalam
They have to add a rotations option like 2k has too. For example, the Lakers played 3 PGs during the playoffs (Fisher, Brown, Farmar). With a rotation/playing time option, I can set it so all 3 players get PT and how much PT they each get. In Live, you cant because the CPU subs in by position and not playing time.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 26

I think the sub rotation needs to be fixed/overhauled. Hopefully it was.

For example, in Live 09 Sun Yue would be the first man off the bench and play more minutes than Odom, lol. This was an issue with all the teams. The minutes distributions were off with the bench players.

Players need to sub in and out (by the CPU) not solely on position but by logic. And players controlled by the CPU should be able to know who can move to a different position.

For example, everybody knows that with the Lakers, Odom comes in for Bynum and plays PF, while Gasol would slide over to Center. This wouldn't happen in Live 09 because Gasol would only be used as a PF and dominate the minutes at that position.

Odom can also play SF and sometimes "point forward" and be the facilitator in the offense.

I just hope the system is flexible and the players play their roles like in real life. There's bench players that get starters minutes, and there's bench players that shouldn't touch the court unless it's a blowout (hi DJ Mbenga).

Guys like Ginobili, VC etc. can play multiple positions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »