Home

NBA Live 10 Website Updated w/ Screenshots

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Website Updated w/ Screenshots within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-18-2009, 08:32 PM   #281
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 10 Website Updated w/ Screenshots

I love colors......

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #282
Banned

OVR: 22
Deron Williams was goin bald at one point you guys. i would think that's y they made his hair look that way. but at the end of the day this is still a great looking game. looks better than 2k imo from that screenshot they released. on 2k u can see the polygons that make up the unreal body structure on their player models so when compared this looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:05 PM   #283
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
You should really just make the jersey match the current arm sleeve. The Spurs' jerseys are NOT grey. And simply lightning up the arm sleeve is not the way to go about fixing the obvious problem. Not to be a mean or anything, but two wrongs don't make a right.

The Spurs jerseys aren't grey in the game (I think we'd see this )

You're looking at screen where our lighting changes weren't put in yet making everything kind of washed out (don't you guys notice that that image is different lighting-wise than the other images?)

As for comments like "The Spurs jerseys are NOT grey," c'mon man -- like we don't know..... We're NBA LIVE producers, and huge basketball heads. We know what colors, more importantly, black looks like. When I say it's the lighting, and I give you a reason why you're seeing something that you are, It's not a lie, or a cover up, it's the truth.

You're seeing a screen, we're building the game and can tell you how things are. It's really that simple. I understand why you would be a bit skeptical, but I can assure you, we know what black looks like.

Again, the arm sleeve is a black that's too dark because no lighting was applied to it (every piece / asset has lighting assigned to it).

You're correct, two wrongs don't make a right... But that's assuming you know we're doing something wrong. I know how it looks to you guys, but every screen is going to be judged like this (I don't blame you guys).

After you guys commented on the sleeve, I went to our visuals producer (Ryan Santos) and asked him about it. He knew of the issue and said it wouldn't be a problem. That's what I'm communicating to you guys.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #284
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Thanks stephenson... Ill be honest though, some guys do this stuff and ruin games fpr themselves before they even buy it

Its ridiculous at the amount of things people get worked up over in all games

I'm not sure how much different the code is between nba street and nba live but santos has done some nice work in the past
Old 07-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #285
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Thanks stephenson... Ill be honest though, some guys do this stuff and ruin games fpr themselves before they even buy it

Its ridiculous at the amount of things people get worked up over in all games

I'm not sure how much different the code is between nba street and nba live but santos has done some nice work in the past
No worries at all my man. I know how the game is played

Anyway, the main point I want to get accross is that we're not idiots. We love the valuable feedback you guys give us, but we also are basketball game fans ourselves. We've been spending every minute of the past year working on this game, so when we say how something is, we're just trying to give you guys a glimpse into what we're doing and why things are how they are.

By all means, disagree, but no one's "wrong" here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 11:12 PM   #286
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Well the guys that aren't even reading before they post are wrong
Old 07-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #287
Pro

OVR: 14

Thanks for the feedback stephenson!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:45 AM   #288
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
No worries at all my man. I know how the game is played

Anyway, the main point I want to get accross is that we're not idiots. We love the valuable feedback you guys give us, but we also are basketball game fans ourselves. We've been spending every minute of the past year working on this game, so when we say how something is, we're just trying to give you guys a glimpse into what we're doing and why things are how they are.

By all means, disagree, but no one's "wrong" here.

I think this is inevitable when you post months before release. Your stuff is W.I.P. and people expect perfection. I think we should look at it as amazing considering you still have MONTHS before release.

So at release it will be great. But I would like next weeks blog to go up morning-mid day and not evening considering its been so long and also please give us the date to which Gameplay news or footage will arrive. If you can't find out is it safe to say it's after NBA 2K releases theirs?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »