Home

NBA Live 365 Status Update

This is a discussion on NBA Live 365 Status Update within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-02-2008, 10:15 PM   #153
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 365 Status Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Common sense would also say EA make sure if you advertise a feature to help push sales of your product that it should be tested through and through before putting it out on the market. When you buy something you expect it to work. PERIOD!!!!! Whether it be a toaster, deep freezer, car, ect. This game has been out almost a month and the features do not work properly. Think about it bateman11. Can you sit here and honestly say they did not know in-game replays were broken? That's an easy test. Can you say it could have easily been missed? Come on, if some are ok with that fine, but don't say people don't have common sense because they bought a purchase expecting it to work out of the box properly, which seems to happen often with an EA based sports titles as of late not working as advertised then we the consumer have to wait to get a patch well into the season. Peace!!!!

i've always wondered why companies simply don't use the demo feedbacks to work on patches for these games. consumers aren't spending hard earned money on demos of a game. i think it's bad business for the consumer to spend $60 on a game and then the company tells you "we are going to release our college football game but it's going to be broken for about 2 months." if you don't have access to down load patches and things you are really screwed out of that $60 dollars.

patches imo have become away for these companies to rush their products out the door less than 100% complete and then they throw us a bone 2-3 months later and say here's the real game we wanted to sale but we didn't have time initially to give you the best product possible for your money.

why not simply just push the release date of these games back per say 1 week before the start of a season. use the demo as a heavy hitter to gather feedback and things that need fixing. why on earth sale us games that you know right off the bat didn't have enough time in developement to warrant our $60 dollars.

then again you have consumers who are willing to ignore these things because it's doesn't effect them in the same manner it may effect others. they rip into the guy who feels he was letdown on a product if it doesn't have everything it was marketed to have from day one.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evarts2616
why not simply just push the release date of these games back per say 1 week before the start of a season. use the demo as a heavy hitter to gather feedback and things that need fixing. why on earth sale us games that you know right off the bat didn't have enough time in developement to warrant our $60 dollars.

then again you have consumers who are willing to ignore these things because it's doesn't effect them in the same manner it may effect others. they rip into the guy who feels he was letdown on a product if it doesn't have everything it was marketed to have from day one.
I dont think, from what i remember, that they can push release date back. The leagues want them out at a predetermined time.

But yea, you hit it on the head, as have many others.
I would be all for a game coming out the same week as the season opener.

Taint gon' happen.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:41 PM   #155
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

OVR: 9

I do believe Live 2010 will retake the throne from 2k though...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2008, 10:50 PM   #156
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by evarts2616
i've always wondered why companies simply don't use the demo feedbacks to work on patches for these games. consumers aren't spending hard earned money on demos of a game. i think it's bad business for the consumer to spend $60 on a game and then the company tells you "we are going to release our college football game but it's going to be broken for about 2 months." if you don't have access to down load patches and things you are really screwed out of that $60 dollars.

patches imo have become away for these companies to rush their products out the door less than 100% complete and then they throw us a bone 2-3 months later and say here's the real game we wanted to sale but we didn't have time initially to give you the best product possible for your money.

I do think that, this is what the NBA Live EA team is doing for Live 09

..unfortunately with sports games, I think patches are game companies solutions to short schedules and rushed games, on this gen.

I just dont see these kinds of things happening with FPS games or other types of games much at all, although they dont get the same kind of scrutiny either.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #157
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

To JSKYWALKER1 and neuroticomic

are you guys still playing 2k9?? Because if I recall one of the selling points of 2k9 was "Living Rosters" and the rosters put out by 2K are far from accurate... So that game is not living up to the advertisements either...

So I mean if you want to put live down because it is not "made fresh daily" as of right now, shouldn't you do the same for 2k9?? or is just that you just have a short trigger when it comes to EA's games??

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 11-02-2008, 11:28 PM   #158
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuroticomic
all u see are MADE FRESH DAILY commercials hawking their game, yet people will go buy it and NOT get MADE FRESH DAILY.

how can they with a good conscious, put that commercial on the air, knowing the feature is NOT ready, a month after release?

Misleading and EA should be accountable.
AMEN!!!!

EA has deceived the public and customers with this "Fresh Made Daily" BS. It's almost a week into the regular season and there's been 1 half-assed DNA roster update thus far. I don't want to hear about any damn "kinks" or "we're getting used to this new feature -- be patient" nonsense. They should have ironed out the kinks and resolved the roster issues well before the 365 feature started.

I'm sick and tired of companies making lame EXCUSES for their unfinished, untested products. If this crap is not resolved within a few days....not only am I selling my copy of Live 09, I will NEVER purchase another NBA Live game ever game.

And this coming from someone who has purchased every EA/Live game dating back to Lakers v Celtics.

SHAME ON YOU EA!!!!

Last edited by left4dead; 11-02-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:29 PM   #159
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
To JSKYWALKER1 and neuroticomic

are you guys still playing 2k9?? Because if I recall one of the selling points of 2k9 was "Living Rosters" and the rosters put out by 2K are far from accurate... So that game is not living up to the advertisements either...

So I mean if you want to put live down because it is not "made fresh daily" as of right now, shouldn't you do the same for 2k9?? or is just that you just have a short trigger when it comes to EA's games??
Yes I do play 2K9 and it has it's issues also. If I have an issue with that game that I feel the need to talk about I would choose to take it to that forum. This is the Live 09 forum so therefore that is all that I will talk about because you already know that it will turn into a 2K vs EA slaughter and that is really not my way style to get into that. If you guys are enjoying Live09 as it is that's all that matters, if you are not enjoying Live 09 again that's fine too. I just hate when Posters get on other Posters because their opinion about a game is not to their liking. We all have different opinions about games and someones opinion about a particular game should be respected and a lot of times it is not on this site. As Aretha Franklin said "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" Peace!!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:38 PM   #160
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Yes I do play 2K9 and it has it's issues also. If I have an issue with that game that I feel the need to talk about I would choose to take it to that forum. This is the Live 09 forum so therefore that is all that I will talk about because you already know that it will turn into a 2K vs EA slaughter and that is really not my way style to get into that. If you guys are enjoying Live09 as it is that's all that matters, if you are not enjoying Live 09 again that's fine too. I just hate when Posters get on other Posters because their opinion about a game is not to their liking. We all have different opinions about games and someones opinion about a particular game should be respected and a lot of times it is not on this site. As Aretha Franklin said "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" Peace!!!!
Oh dont get me wrong, I respect your opinion and all others on this forum.. The thing I dont get though is why are you so angry at EA for this "Made Fresh Daily" Slogan, and not 2k for its "Living Rosters" slogan... Because I read both forums and I have not seen you complain once that you were lied to by 2k on those forums, and in fact we were all lied to by 2K and EA if you really look at it...

Either way I understand that it takes time for things like this to be worked out by both companies... So that is why I dont understand why the noose is so tight around EA's neck around here for some people...

BOTH GAMES HAVE ISSUES....

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »