Home

How NBA Live 16 should have played out the box. New gameplay sliders.

This is a discussion on How NBA Live 16 should have played out the box. New gameplay sliders. within the NBA Live Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live > NBA Live Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-15-2015, 02:58 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
How NBA Live 16 should have played out the box. New gameplay sliders.

Similar to last year, I have taken time to study this game. Thankfully, we have sliders this year ( could only alter coaching settings in Live 15 for those who care to recall) so there's more to manipulate in order to achieve desired results. I have noticed however that one must truly understand the intricacies of the provided sliders and how they interact with each other. It's not as simple or straighforward as you would expect. To make a long story short. I initially started with sliders that deviated heavily from default settings and as time progressed, I found the game did not play or feel right. I reverted to default slider settings and immediately noticed what had been missing. Unfortunately, this reversion also re-introduced several known problems. Mainly a lack of defense around the perimeter and especially in the post area. So, I sought out to find a way to combine the best of both worlds.

In my quest to discover a balanced blend of sim and action/fun, my objectives were 1) Maintain a free flowing game 2) Encourage team ball and better passing by the cpu 3) Achieve a more effective and higher frequency mid range game for the cpu and 4) Tighten defense, especially in the post.

With these sliders, I feel these goals were accomplished. You will or should no longer see a mindless back and forth game bereft of any semblance of defense where the cpu does not move the ball around without purpose. Conversely, the beefed up cpu defense will force the human player to move the ball more effectively in order to win games. The game is still free flowing as mentioned and you'll have to work hard on defense to stop the cpu attack. Post move effectiveness is alot more realistic now (not perfect) and you'll engage in more contact battles in the paint while performing these moves. Simply put, it's more difficult/challenging, alot more fun and ultimatley rewarding.

Furthermore, consistently making cpu contested shots should no longer be automatic and you will need to create space to be successful. This setup also separates star players from regular players as it should. Finally, you will also notice the mid range game being utilized much more efficiently and effectively by the cpu.

Now, I do understand a patch is being released (especially wish they would reduce effectiveness of some post moves, etc), however, not knowing exactly when that will happen, I would like the community to give these sliders a test run and report your results for others.

Please keep in mind that any adjustment to these sliders will usually ( and sometimes drastically ) change how the game plays. It would be best to stick to the sliders exactly as listed if you want to see what I have described above. All sliders not listed below are set to default 50/50. On a side note, for those seeking a more open game than what these sliders provide, that allows even more mid range game from the cpu, let me know and I'll post them. I came across those sliders (which I also like especially for cpu mid range game except for post defense though perimeter defense was decent) as I performed my various tests that led to this particular set.

All star
Rating only for shooting and free throws
Fatigue, auto subs, and auto timeouts on

USER/CPU
Inside- 30/40
Medium-40/50
Three point-30/50
Post shooting-10/50
Layup shooting-20/50
Post move-10/40
Shot blocking-70/70
Offensive rebounding frequency-90/30
Jostle vs blow by-60/60

As mentioned earlier, below are the sliders that allow for a looser game with more mid range cpu shooting. The remaining sliders are set at default 50/50

USER/CPU
Shot blocking-70/70
Offensive rebounding frequency-90/30
Jostle vs blow by-70/70

Last edited by Calvenn; 11-18-2015 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2015, 09:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How NBA Live 16 should have played out the box. New gameplay sliders.

Will try it out and see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2015, 12:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Will give it a try

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2015, 02:08 PM   #4
Pro

Another point I would like to add. The cpu, especially the point guard, will exploit and attack any perceived open lanes to the basket. You must close these gaps or they could lead to easy drives to the hoop by the cpu. I've observed that when the cpu ball handler is bringing the ball up court, they'll normally call for a pick and can immediately attack the gap if you are trapped or out of position. One strategy I use is to allow my cpu teammate to handle these assignments (must occur before the pick). This allows me to roam around with another player (usually a more capable defender/blocker) and cut off subsequent drives, thwart or block shots.

Last edited by Calvenn; 11-15-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:56 PM   #5
Pro

Alternate sliders have been added to original post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 12:23 AM   #6
Pro

Something strange happened today. I tried playing a few games with the above sliders and could not make my shots durijg the course of the games. The same applied to the cpu.. Certain desired changes were still intact but the gameplay was somewhat different from the prior day. So, I logged off the game and restarted, this time bypassing the EA Servers. The game now seems to run less erratically, is less stiff and it appears shots are beginning to fall again though im still seeing some misses. Just an fyi though I'm still testing. This whole Synergy thing is appearing to be a mixed bag and if it influences the game this way we may be in trouble. Not sure if it's Synergy or simply the fact I was logged onto EA servers causing the change. Will post more findings later.

Last edited by Calvenn; 11-16-2015 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:44 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
Something strange happened today. I tried playing a few games with the above sliders and could not make my shots durijg the course of the games. The same applied to the cpu.. Certain desired changes were still intact but the gameplay was somewhat different from the prior day. So, I logged off the game and restarted, this time bypassing the EA Servers. The game now seems to run less erratically, is less stiff and it appears shots are beginning to fall again though im still seeing some misses. Just an fyi though I'm still testing. This whole Synergy thing is appearing to be a mixed bag and if it influences the game this way we may be in trouble. Not sure if it's Synergy or simply the fact I was logged onto EA servers causing the change. Will post more findings later.

Yeah this was discussed in the slider forum. Synergy knocks the sliders you set up out of whack. So most guys aren't really trying to do custom sliders anymore because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2015, 11:57 AM   #8
Pro

Thanks for the update. I completely missed that thread. I'm waiting to see what the patch will bring but what is the point of offering sliders if Synergy will alter your setup? I sincerely hope the game changers on this forum are forwarding these findings to the EA devs!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live > NBA Live Sliders »