Home

PC last gen question, purely offline

This is a discussion on PC last gen question, purely offline within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-09-2020, 03:17 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
PC last gen question, purely offline

Let's put graphics aside (I personally think 2K20 and 21 look better than any previous basketball game with a few weird animations that always seem too robotic). So, looking ONLY at the offline Season gameplay mode, are 2K11, 2K13, 2K14 still better games in terms of the following?

- CPU AI skill
- Best intuitive controls for dribbling and dekes/moves
- simulated results over the course of a single player season
- presentation and season related numbers, stats, playoff hunt, etc to look at during the year that feel authentic (I feel this is lacking now and something 2K from NBA to Baseball to Hockey did fantastically well during those years)

Looking at all that alone, are those three still a better experience? And if so which one does those things better?

Thanks!

Last edited by tinpanalley; 12-10-2020 at 10:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2020, 05:37 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: PC last gen question, purely offline

2k11, then 2k14.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:50 AM   #3
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
2k11, then 2k14.

Where is it possible to get 2k11?
Old 12-16-2020, 06:20 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesiPullupJimbo
Where is it possible to get 2k11?
I have a physical copy. id say check computer stores like microcenter, they tend to have older games in their discount bins.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:08 PM   #5
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

To me 2k18 is the best 2k on pc. This game is do underrated offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2021, 06:25 PM   #6
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
To me 2k18 is the best 2k on pc. This game is do underrated offline.
What does 2k18 do the best? I havent played that one in a long time. IMO, its 2k17 on HOF with some slight slider adjustments. I have the game playing amazing. Team averages are on point with the modern NBA in terms of pretty much everything. The gameplay on the court is fantastic. I just wish I could update the rosters easily.
Old 02-28-2021, 06:43 PM   #7
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
What does 2k18 do the best? I havent played that one in a long time. IMO, its 2k17 on HOF with some slight slider adjustments. I have the game playing amazing. Team averages are on point with the modern NBA in terms of pretty much everything. The gameplay on the court is fantastic. I just wish I could update the rosters easily.

The overall gameplay is really good. I play on superstar, didn't touch any sliders and the gameplay is just great. I've played 19 didn't like it, I've played 20 didn't really like it. There is something more fluid about 2K18, the way the defense is. The way you can put the defense on their hills and attack rotations. I think it's the best 2K and seems to be one of the most hated aswell. I think they pushed the micro transactions to far with this one at the time and people hated it but for offline play I don't think there is a better one out there. I didn't try 21 but I hear bad things about defense and help defense.

A little detail that annoys me on newer 2K's is the play art. It's ugly in my opinion. That, the takeover thing and the greens that appears even for the CPU even if you don't want to. That's just too video gamey for me.

Last edited by Vni; 02-28-2021 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:05 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

I think 2k21 is quite good but I will admit that my personal needs may be less demanding than people who know basketball strategy better.
This isn't the first time I've heard someone say 17 and 18 are great games. I only play offline so it's extremely difficult finding opinions and analyses that only speak to the single player offline experience. Probably why I like 2K21. But yes, the play art can be ugly and the green thing is annoying. Do we know if there are rosters for 18 or 17?

But this is getting off topic. I was specifically asking about LAST gen. As in, the 360-PS3-PC era.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 02-28-2021 at 07:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »