Home

Question on pc 2k

This is a discussion on Question on pc 2k within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-18-2020, 06:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Question on pc 2k

So I have been considering picking up 2k for the pc recently end was wanting opinions on if it is worth it to purchase 21?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2020, 07:00 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Question on pc 2k

first thing is to make sure your computer can run the game.

alot of people are having issue with the gaming closing/crashing to desktop. I eventually had to get a refund, which Steam honored.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Like all the requirements/recommend settings I check off with from what I see
Old 11-18-2020, 11:01 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

I run the game on an older pc that doesnt meet the processor requirements .

I have 21 and 20. If you know how to apply mods get 20. If you are new to the game on pc get 21 (it still has mods also)

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2020, 11:17 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

I'd definitely say it's worth it for PC for offline play. Dunno how many hours you'll get out of it, but I got a bunch. Online is a mess. Nobody is there consistently, you see the same people, and mad hackers, too.

Good to have faster loading times etc, too. One thing that is weird is you can't shift-tab out on steam. It does crash sometimes, but generally only when you are alt-tabbing out a lot (which you are gonna need to do to talk to people on steam.)

2k got 120 bucks from me this year YIKES + 20 I spent on VC for ps4. O well I did skip two years. At least their game is getting better, step by step.

Might as well wait til Black Friday tho and get it for cheap if you can stand it.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpI...deKDFrQ/videos that's my youtube. It's all videos of PC before "back on ps4." All myplayer stuff, but you can see how the game plays. I think it's legit.

Edit2: I'd get 21 over 20, as someone who grabbed 20 on sale and got back on the 2k train. 21 just seems better in various ways, to me.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 11-20-2020 at 11:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2020, 06:36 AM   #6
MVP

jk31's Arena

of course you can use shift+tab to use the steam overlay in nba 2k21? might be a Bug with your PC and 2k21,but in General this is possible.

but Yeah, never ever ever Tab out to the Desktop on a nba 2k online game.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:37 AM   #7
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhsjohn9
So I have been considering picking up 2k for the pc recently end was wanting opinions on if it is worth it to purchase 21?

For solo play, 2k20 is fantastic. I really liked 19, so I was patient and got 20 cheap. I'm still playing 20 and love it. I especially like how they got the pick and roll (and pick and pop) mechanics to work. Defense can be frustrating sometimes (Kevin Durant complained about the transition D on Twitter), but if you experiment with the sliders you can get the gameplay you want.

One word of warning: do not use draft classes you find online. On one hand, it is cool to have James Wiseman et al in the game, but the potential settings are way out of whack and you end up with 35 guys from the 2020 draft class having 17-year careers (which means a lot of "great shot by that guy" calls).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »