Home

Old 08-27-2020, 07:26 PM   #41
Rookie

Diesl's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: WholeNewGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreister
Thanks so much for the time and effort you put in! The past few days I've run a Magic MyLeague and have put up a pretty good team by year 24 lol! 4 players in the 90s, but no one higher than a 92 right now. Anyway, started to SIM and halfway through the year I'm under .500 so I decided to check some other teams to see how I faired. Turns out, it seems like there is an issue with players getting way too good right now. By year 2024 there are 14 players at 99 overall (none being drafted players) and there are other players that have no business being as good as they are. (Fred ValVleet is a 96! lol)

Anyway, I don't know much about rosters and how they progress, maybe it's some of my settings because I always load in (I think they were that schmitt guy? don't remember anymore). So yeah, might be me, but I'd recommend putting in some sim years and see where it's at.

Otherwise, the games I do get in and play I do feel like Luka step back 3's my *** all day long, and Steph and Klay rip me up from 3. Thanks again and I hope I'm not coming off as I'm unthankful, I really appreciate it, just wanted to reach out with some feedback for those of us who like to sim, draft, and build bad teams into good ones!
I know that a lot of sim runs turned out different from your experience.
But that's the problem or the good thing about it. Yeah for sure some guys go up very high but it is a bit random AND i was really thinking about to use the attributes from Hyperballer and DC for the mod. BUT they have a totally different abttribute formula. They have like 2-5 90s and nearly the rest is in the 70-80s.
But i know for a fact, from another mod that i worked on (a NHL one) that people first felt upset about the low ratings.
So i deceided just to keep it the 2k way...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2020, 01:17 PM   #42
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesl
I know that a lot of sim runs turned out different from your experience.
But that's the problem or the good thing about it. Yeah for sure some guys go up very high but it is a bit random AND i was really thinking about to use the attributes from Hyperballer and DC for the mod. BUT they have a totally different abttribute formula. They have like 2-5 90s and nearly the rest is in the 70-80s.
But i know for a fact, from another mod that i worked on (a NHL one) that people first felt upset about the low ratings.
So i deceided just to keep it the 2k way...

I would prefer it that way tbh. I don't like how really average shooters get an A in 2k.

I wonder if this PC crowd would be more receptive to it than the console crowd. I may be wrongly assuming that the PC crowd consists of less casuals

Maybe make a poll before you start next year?
Old 08-28-2020, 02:46 PM   #43
Rookie

Diesl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesiPullupJimbo
I would prefer it that way tbh. I don't like how really average shooters get an A in 2k.

I wonder if this PC crowd would be more receptive to it than the console crowd. I may be wrongly assuming that the PC crowd consists of less casuals

Maybe make a poll before you start next year?
I know from the feedback that Hyperballer and DC received that it looks like console players are receptive too.
It's more like a "shock" for some players but after they get used to it they give a damn' about higher or in this case lower ratings for the players.
EA and also 2k are nearly identical if it comes to ratings.
They just push the players in unrealistic or uncharacteristic ways to get their overall up.
I remember i had once a argue over my rating for Sidney Crosby. He was still a very high player but not from the overalls 1-2 of the roster file.

So people said that's crap etc. and i said do me a favor, just install the game and play with him.
Some people did and the feedback was, wow it really feels like it's him.

But tbh before i ever played for the fisrt time a Madden Football roster from FGB i was shocked, pissed etc. seeing as example Tony Romo with an 76 Ovr than EA gave him and others high 80 close to 90s.

So disgruntled i gave this roster a chance and it was the best playing experience of Madden for years!
Romo was still good, but his behavior etc.
felt like i watch a game of the Cowboys instead of playing one.

So if you can get people away from the Ovr train then the real fun starts creating rosters.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:51 PM   #44
Rookie

Diesl's Arena

@HesiPullupJimbo what we could do if you really into this kind of roster etc.
i could send you from two teams of your choice the ratings, you type them in, let the teams play each other several times (or play with one team against the other) and you can tell then (maybe post some game stats pictures) how you liked it or disliked it.

Last edited by Diesl; 08-28-2020 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:54 PM   #45
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

What if you rate every player at 25 intangible and then make it 99 for the final roster?

I was also wondering what draft class you recommend

A lot of them are off to begin with (many lacking Saddiq Bey and Devin Vassell), but none of them really fit with your roster imo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2020, 07:55 PM   #46
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Excellent job on this Roster Disel. Music had me jamming while setting this up too.

Old 08-29-2020, 04:38 AM   #47
Rookie

Diesl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesiPullupJimbo
What if you rate every player at 25 intangible and then make it 99 for the final roster?

I was also wondering what draft class you recommend

A lot of them are off to begin with (many lacking Saddiq Bey and Devin Vassell), but none of them really fit with your roster imo
What's the point setting the intangibles first to 25 and then back to 99?
BTW i used nearly every time the intangibles to get the player overalls up.

About the Draft class questin, you should try to create the the draft classes from Da InFaMoUs NY.

CelticLG used them for his Ultimate ATD but both are on PS4

BUT Da InFamous has a youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...fTkeb6rYx29s69) where he uploaded many of his draft class players.

Also check this site (https://www.webgemsnyc.com/category/...player-builds/) out.

If you have this feeling, the rooks already have too many badges just remove some that you don't like.
Old 08-29-2020, 11:58 PM   #48
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesl
What's the point setting the intangibles first to 25 and then back to 99?
BTW i used nearly every time the intangibles to get the player overalls up.

I was thinking it might be easier, but you went above and beyond.

If I decide not to get 2k21 (which is like 50/50), then I think I'll make an updated 2020 draft.

I would like to consult you on it though

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »