Home

JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20

This is a discussion on JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2019, 10:53 AM   #1
Rookie

Chrome_Claymore's Arena

OVR: 0

For other fictional draft classes, check out jomo’s draft classes. We’ve made sure the cyberfaces we use don’t overlap.

Hi, I am returning with my fictional draft classes yet again for the 4th year! With the popularity of the 2020, 2021, 2022, etc., unedited historical draft classes and the CHINA™ draft classes, I present to you my draft classes with the following features:
  • More than 7 players actually edited and fleshed out. Year 1 has over 80 fully edited players (cyberfaces/create a player faces, attributes, accessories, signatures, vitals, most of the tendencies, hot zones and badges) with 20 more partially edited ones (create a player faces, accessories, potentials, Peak Starts and Ends). Year 2 has 70 plus 10 more partially edited ones too. I plan to have more than 60 for each Year batch I make.
  • No ridiculous Gary Stu self inserts with 90+ OVR, 99 Potentials and Peaks starting at 21 and ending at 41.
  • 2nd round players or undrafted players will have actual value. I am in the firm belief that players in this range can contribute and others will only flourish when given the chance. The CPU may or may not take advantage of this since they rarely play players with overalls 72 or less and players with untapped potential in Free Agency don’t improve.
  • Peak Starts and Ends actually being modified. I made sure some with high potentials will peak early while others will peak late and some with low potentials will peak late. So, in other words, a guy with a high potential is never a guarantee.
Despite 2K’s insistence that they’ve improved draft classes I will say why they haven’t even tried. But first, on the good things:
  • Tendency numbers are slightly better, I guess?
  • Shot signatures are dependent on height. Not helpful in all aspects, but it’s something.
  • That’s it.
Now here’s why it’s still awful:
  • Badges are lacking. You have a player like LeBron or Antetokounmpo with 40+ badges, while a typical 2K rando is only 2-6 badges. It is impossible to build up a badge repertoire of more than 20!
  • A lot of the ratings still feel like random number generators. You’ll have a guy with 45 in Steals but 83 in Pass Perception, a PG with 70 Interior Defense and 52 in Perimeter Defense just to name a few.
  • ACCESSORIES. I don’t know why but 2K’s AI generator has an obsession with putting S T R A P S over KNEE AND LEG ACCESSORIES or any arm bands over arm sleeves. Name me more than 3 players in the league who do this. Please someone tell me. PLEASE. I’ll tell you 2K’s randomly generated draft classes have more than 20 players who have this, I guarantee.
  • Peak Start and Peak End. Look, I like late bloomers for MyLeague, I like making the CPU look dumb for passing on this guy I just picked up on the 2nd round. But most of 2K’s guys have it on 27 until 33. It’s BS. Most start their peak much earlier and a lot even decline early too.
  • Players who look like failed science experiments. I will show you your typical 2K randomly generated degenerate:
In 2K Share:
Username: Chrome_Claymore
File Name: JEDL Fictional Year 1
File Name: JEDL Fictional Year 2
File Name: JEDL Fictional Year 3 (In Progress)
File Name: JEDL Fictional Year 4 (In Progress)

Year 1 Draft Board: https://i.imgur.com/sDykWq6.png?1

Full scouting reports (Year 1):
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2019, 10:25 PM   #2
Banned

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20

Deleted, didn't realize I was not in main forum but in the PC section.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:08 AM   #3
Rookie

Sreister's Arena

OVR: 2

Nice! I've seen yours in the downloads for PC, glad to know you're on OS!

Do you have a thought progression as to why you have year 1, 2, 3 etc? or could you just pick any one you want for any year? Just curious as to why you have them labeled that way.

Thanks for your efforts!!
Old 09-20-2019, 01:01 PM   #4
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Loved these classes last year, looking forward to running them again. Are all the of the players the same as last year? Same potential?

I remember Finley for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-21-2019, 12:59 AM   #5
Rookie

Chrome_Claymore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Loved these classes last year, looking forward to running them again. Are all the of the players the same as last year? Same potential?

I remember Finley for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Yep, should be. Some will have minor tweaks but should be nearly the same other than the new players I added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreister
Nice! I've seen yours in the downloads for PC, glad to know you're on OS!

Do you have a thought progression as to why you have year 1, 2, 3 etc? or could you just pick any one you want for any year? Just curious as to why you have them labeled that way.

Thanks for your efforts!!

Um, not really haha. You're free to use them interchangeably.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 10:41 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks JEDL! Used yours last year - looking forward to these.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:26 AM   #7
MVP

JEDL are you willing to add a few guys like che and Shammy wells to your upcoming draft classes?
Old 10-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #8
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

These are great draft classes as usual. Thank you for the hard work.

Just one suggestion, I think the potentials are too high for the draft classes. It wouldn't be a problem if 2K did ensure everyone hit their potential, but since they do maybe cut them down a bit?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »