Home

Looking to purchase NBA 2k17 for PC

This is a discussion on Looking to purchase NBA 2k17 for PC within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-23-2016, 02:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Looking to purchase NBA 2k17 for PC

Hi everyone,

Just need some advice!

I have been a console gamer ever since NBA 2k3 day's. However, NBA 2k10 I was lucky enough to get a PC copy as a gift and came across some awesome mod's when I had that installed on my PC.

However, since NBA 2k10... I have not had any PC games.

I am looking to make the switch now, to be honest NBA 2k17 is a little boring right now and I want to test out some nice mod's that are on NLSC at the moment.

However, I just cannot seem to find any hard copies of NBA 2k17 PC anywhere... anywhere is here in Canada, Toronto area.

Where do you all suggest I grab a copy from? I basically like to avoid torrents/steam because I see the size of file being like 53 GB lol... will take a while to download... i got a pretty good PC but slow internet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2016, 03:04 PM   #2
Rookie

striker3771's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Looking to purchase NBA 2k17 for PC

I honestly wouldn't purchase the pc version unless you have one of the latest graphics cards and a powerful rig. 2k support has been non-existence for pc. Many are having issues on the pc version.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-24-2016, 09:37 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

I have played 2K on PC since 2K10. I have 2k17 also. The mods are not worth getting this game on pc in my opinion. 2k14 or 2k13 on pc would have way more mods and cheaper. Plus you don't have to get a heavy duty graphics cards.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2017, 04:08 AM   #4
Rookie

Playing this game on PC is a terrible experience. Laggy, glitchy, buggy and minimal support. There are also no players online.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:38 AM   #5
MVP

I want to clarify my response, do not buy this game simply for the mods.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2017, 10:33 PM   #6
Rookie

So confused by what I see online about NBA 2K 17. I haven't yet said anything online about my frustration about all the complaints yet (since I just got the game about 2 weeks ago), so I'm just going to vent here. I'll probably cut and paste this all over the place at some point. But, I've been an overclocking PC Gamer for literally 22 years. In fact, it was gaming in the 90's that led to a wonderful career as a systems administrator. But I digress.

I've been playing the NBA 2K series since 09. I game at least 12 hours a week (I used to play more but I'm now married and have less time for gaming) and NBA 2K has been pretty much the only game I've played for the last nine years. The only qualifier I'll put in there that I'm only an offline gamer. But NBA 2K17 is out f****** standing. The career mode is unbelievably better than ever. All you haters must have pathetic lives and must live for hating on stuff to make yourself feel better that you rag on this game that much. (Admittedly, you guys in this thread haven't been all that negative, but I can't help but just vent in this thread about all the other haters so please bear with me). My PC gaming and NBA2K creds are unimpeachable and let me tell you this year's version is amazing. So don't worry about the haters, this year's game is the best ever.

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk

Last edited by djbehr; 02-03-2017 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:44 PM   #7
Rookie

Oh, and you don't need that great of a rig. I'm running an AMD R9 290, an Intel core i5-4670k (which barely ever even gets warm with this game), just 8 gigs of RAM and the graphics look outstanding. IIRC, I built this as a mid-level gaming system about two and a half years ago.

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »